ADVERTISEMENT

Who thinks this tournament will be just like last year's?

I expect the good teams are gonna make the final four. There will be upsets, but the 1-3 seeds will all make the final four

At this point I have no idea how this team will respond in the tournament but I do know we're a much better team than last year.

It's all about matchups now and how we respond mentally.

I feel like it all about the draw and matchups. We clearly struggle with physical guards and big bodies down low.

If we draw teams that like to run we will sleep walk through first two rounds. If we get grinders it will be a challenge.

We can beat anyone in field or lose to anyone in field (who plays a style we don't like). Simple as that...

I don't think it be like last year as far as zero #1 seeds making the elite 8 and zero #1, #2, #3 seeds making the final 4.

Their will be chaos yes but not to that level

Yes. Some upsets will happen to high seeds. Someone will get a seemingly easy run to the FF. UConn will win 6 straight and become back to back champions.

Reactions: FltDoc
I don't think it be like last year as far as zero #1 seeds making the elite 8 and zero #1, #2, #3 seeds making the final 4.

Their will be chaos yes but not to that level
This is what I was getting at, not UK's performance. I actually like our chances. But the top several teams are all extremely vulnerable.

Well that embarrassment last night will likely put us on the four line and the only #1 seed I wouldn’t mind playing is Purdue so we will for sure draw UCONN or Houston.

At this point I have no idea how this team will respond in the tournament but I do know we're a much better team than last year.

It's all about matchups now and how we respond mentally.
Agreed, after playing great defense against tenn. They regressed to playing defense like a high school team against tam. Cal has totally sucked the excitement out of UK basketball.

This little piggy cried wee-wee all the way home...

usatsi_20271018_168390308_lowres.jpg

All I see is a descent coach watching some film of the Texas A&M game and understanding all he needs to do to win. It’s probably not that hard. It gave us fits all season. High ball screen. That’s it.

If we get McNeese State in first round we are screwed.

Actually, there will be a few teams who could beat us first round depending on who earns what seeds.

If we make it to second round, it’ll be a miracle to win it. Our defense is non-existent. Cal’s ass is already puckered tighter than ever. Team was def tight as hell yesterday. Antonio looked like he was going to vomit before the game. Dilly was nervous as hell. Even Reed looked a little rattled. Will be a slog game that we fall little too far behind in last 7 minutes. Then sputter instead of comeback.

"I remember the days", when us UK fans never worried about the 1st two games in the NCAAT.. Upsets in those 2 rounds were very rare. I rarely worried until the S16 or EE.

Now, I have no expectations of a Calipari team in March.. the last 5 years.

UK will put up 115 points in round one win by 25. The board will make tons of threads predicting a final 4 run.
Round 2. Some random team with a third of the talent will play bully ball and the Cats will back down and get punked.
Presser Cal will say they had a great year. Do you people realize I had two 2 TWO 2 TWO Lottery picks coming off the bench?
That's how talented we are. But it's hard. We are young. They are not robots.
Then he will say how he is looking forward to little house and petting his dog and the NBA Draft. You people are crazy. I'm going home till June.

Cal doesn’t care. The players are ready to go to the NBA. Not a good combination. Round 32 exit.

I feel like it all about the draw and matchups. We clearly struggle with physical guards and big bodies down low.

If we draw teams that like to run we will sleep walk through first two rounds. If we get grinders it will be a challenge.

We can beat anyone in field or lose to anyone in field (who plays a style we don't like). Simple as that...
The committee will give us a steady diet of grinders

Reactions: BlueRunner11
UK will put up 115 points in round one win by 25. The board will make tons of threads predicting a final 4 run.
Round 2. Some random team with a third of the talent will play bully ball and the Cats will back down and get punked.
Presser Cal will say they had a great year. Do you people realize I had two 2 TWO 2 TWO Lottery picks coming off the bench?
That's how talented we are. But it's hard. We are young. They are not robots.
Then he will say how he is looking forward to little house and petting his dog and the NBA Draft. You people are crazy. I'm going home till June.
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Absolute insanity.

All I see is a descent coach watching some film of the Texas A&M game and understanding all he needs to do to win. It’s probably not that hard. It gave us fits all season. High ball screen. That’s it.

If we get McNeese State in first round we are screwed.

Actually, there will be a few teams who could beat us first round depending on who earns what seeds.

If we make it to second round, it’ll be a miracle to win it. Our defense is non-existent. Cal’s ass is already puckered tighter than ever. Team was def tight as hell yesterday. Antonio looked like he was going to vomit before the game. Dilly was nervous as hell. Even Reed looked a little rattled. Will be a slog game that we fall little too far behind in last 7 minutes. Then sputter instead of comeback.

Dilly and Reed were 14 for 27. You might want to rethink this one.

you can hardly trend a tournament performance anymore. teams that everyone agrees to be good will get upset and teams with limited talent will go deep in the regional. it depends on matchups, locations, whistles etc. if you’re not good enough to overcome anything, you’re not safe. the fact is there’s maybe one team safe and that’s uconn. and we’d be a bad matchup for them. no one knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT