ADVERTISEMENT

After Monday, Dan Hurley: earned $416,000 per tournament win the last 2 years. Last 4 years, Calipari: earned $36 million per tournament win.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
47_OVd1oVGZiRx0MOmfwgMOjCRrubHDSYrfZgufWUo5_u71PStV7hzLeaeq_ayljmD_4obiGzxwn_Yf_4mPATF-Lc-tvIcF6wd6h68b7Gd77fVMMOj4UdPaScQs

Calipari has made $36 million dollars the last four years. In that span, UK has won one tournament game. So Cal has earned $36 million for one tourney win.

In the last two years, Hurley has already won 11 tournament games. After Monday, it will be 12. He's will have earned $416,000 per tournament win.

#CalipariMicDrop

Hurley is sitting where Pitino was in 1997. Curious as to what his future is.
For the sake of Kentucky's longterm health, I hope Hurley follows Pitino's road and leaves for a lucrative NBA job. I'm genuinely concerned he's going to keep steamrolling if he stays at UConn and that they catch us in the title count in the next decade.

Meanwhile, we're stuck with a head coach who values NBA All-Star appearances more than Final Fours.

I just don’t think he’s gonna be able to stay put. Uconn doesn’t pay what other places will, I don’t think they’ll pony up and when money talks, he’ll walk. He’s really young too, unless he wants to make a coach K legacy I think he’ll bolt for the NBA. Could be wrong and I don’t think his personality fits the NBA, but he’s just too young to stay put. These days coaches bounce around too much for him to stay in Connecticut.
He can't coach in the NBA.
He would be about as successful as Pitino.

I just don’t think he’s gonna be able to stay put. Uconn doesn’t pay what other places will, I don’t think they’ll pony up and when money talks, he’ll walk. He’s really young too, unless he wants to make a coach K legacy I think he’ll bolt for the NBA. Could be wrong and I don’t think his personality fits the NBA, but he’s just too young to stay put. These days coaches bounce around too much for him to stay in Connecticut.
I agree money talks but Hurley just doesn't strike me as wanting any part of the NBA. I could be wrong on that but dont think I am.
He has built a sustained winning machine at UCONN and I think he will want to continue doing what he's doing. They are a blueblood, some may not want to admit it but they have accomplished more in the last 30 years than some have and they simply can't be ignored for it.

For the sake of Kentucky's longterm health, I hope Hurley follows Pitino's road and leaves for a lucrative NBA job. I'm genuinely concerned he's going to keep steamrolling if he stays at UConn and that they catch us in the title count in the next decade.

Meanwhile, we're stuck with a head coach who values NBA All-Star appearances more than Final Fours.
May not take a decade…

I’d love to see a contract based primarily around postseason incentives.

Base salary of $2m.

Win SEC regular season you get another $1m.

Make SEC semis you get $500k, $1m for SEC finals, or $2m for SEC tourney champ.

Another $500k for Sweet 16, $1m for EE, $3m for final four, $4m for Championship game, and $6m for winning it all.

Obviously all made up numbers but you get the idea.

36 million don’t buy what it use to Bidenomics perhaps
Yes it's awful, unemployment below 4 percent, created 16 million jobs, highest stock market ever, infrastructure, healthcare, more oil produced than any country, inflation lowering, how do we stand it? 2 President in history had less jobs when they left office than when they started

• Haha
Reactions: ukalum87
47_OVd1oVGZiRx0MOmfwgMOjCRrubHDSYrfZgufWUo5_u71PStV7hzLeaeq_ayljmD_4obiGzxwn_Yf_4mPATF-Lc-tvIcF6wd6h68b7Gd77fVMMOj4UdPaScQs

Calipari has made $36 million dollars the last four years. In that span, UK has won one tournament game. So Cal has earned $36 million for one tourney win.

In the last two years, Hurley has already won 11 tournament games. After Monday, it will be 12. He's will have earned $416,000 per tournament win.

#CalipariMicDrop
Where would we find another coach that could put up impressive tournament stats like this?

I agree money talks but Hurley just doesn't strike me as wanting any part of the NBA. I could be wrong on that but dont think I am.
He has built a sustained winning machine at UCONN and I think he will want to continue doing what he's doing. They are a blueblood, some may not want to admit it but they have accomplished more in the last 30 years than some have and they simply can't be ignored for it.
Yes, you're correct. Also the Hurleys are built differently. He has a dad who stayed to coach on the HS level for all those years when he could've easily had college jobs many times. I understand it was a better HS job than most but still it was still HS and Bob Sr was content. They love living where they live at and money isn't everything to everyone. Hell, sometimes you don't gotta make 8.5 mil a yr to be happy. I actually think Dan Hurley is smart enough to know not to mess with happiness if he is indeed happy. My main reply was to RunninReed but he had done deleted that post so I kind of got my point across by replying to you. I don't love Hurley and he even gets on my nerves sometimes but I think the guy is smart and built different than most coaches. Plus his dad's a no. nonsense type of guy who probably has some good advice that his son's take and Bob Sr made a Naismith HOF career out of a HS job staying loyal to one place and it worked out well for him.

Reactions: Catfan2226
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT