ADVERTISEMENT

Who is signing off UK basketball permanently until Cal is gone if we lose?

I've been done just like the coach. The man couldnt care less. There was a very tiny group of people who warned us back in 2009 that Calipari was a slimy scumbag who didn't belong at UK. It took a while for me to realize they were absolutely right. I will forget about Calipari the second he is no longer the coach at UK. Calipari can thank Billy G and Eddie Sutton for keeping him from being the worst UK basketball coach.

I am such of a fan of college basketball and football. Not just UK (huge UK fan) but love the sport. Cal has taken almost 1/2 of that away from me. I look forward to August / September to forget about the crappy bball season.

I have lived through the early 70s, 1975 wooden last game, NIT, 78 team (awesome and still my favorite UK team), 80 debacle, 90's comeback, early 2000s irrelevance to the I hope we do not get CAL for our coach and then crap we got him. OK lets make the best of it. Oh crap this is no UK basketball, this is NBA development league to what the heck is it.

I will now be a fan of college basketball but will not follow my team live until that guy is gone and we rebuild once again. Sorry but that is where we are at with UK basketball.

I'm honestly not sure what took you all so long. The ship has been sinking since 17 or so. I swore off call before St. Pete. I only watched a few games this season entirely and many just a few minutes out of curiosity. So I am not a bit surprised and wrote a year ago that these fabulous frosh would go nowhere. That game is long gone. Anyway, I welcome you to our club.

I will still follow the team, but will just expect to be mediocre until Cal is gone. I will not buy any UK merch and I will not be attending any home games until there is a new coach. I know that won't help much, but if everyone did it .......

• Haha
Reactions: Jeff2Reed
Not going to lie. I dont think I will ever quit watching despite how miserable I get after a loss. But I am done attending anything UK or buying anything UK until he is gone.

I’ve got much better and more important things to do with my time. And life is short. I’ll hang around and read things here and there for the next few weeks. But if Cal is still here - I’m taking a break until he’s not.

It was final four or bust for me with Cal. This game solidified that I want him fired immediately. And no, I don’t see another coach that is the clear cut guy to take the job. All I know is that this isn’t it anymore.
Tommy Lloyd, Arizona was supposed to be a rebuild and he’s been a top 2 seed all 3 years, Gonzaga has also fallen off quite a bit since his departure.

Guy is relatively young too.

If they’re paying Can’t Coach Cal 10 million a year to shame and embarrass the program then bloviate about how people are going to view this year negatively just because we lost the games at the end. (The games that mattered you stupid idiot Cal)

Then UK should pay 20 million a year to Tommy Lloyd to actually get a good seed every single year no matter what roster he’s working with (and not lose to double digit seeds), and with the talent that can be attracted to Kentucky he will probably be in the running for a 1 seed every year.

I hate Cal with a passion but I will never ever go this far.. I will never go like another team if anything I’ll quit watching before ever liking another team! I guess each is their own. I will always love the UK Wildcats until my last dying breath…
I plan to just not watch college basketball altogether. I didn’t watch a single game after UK’s loss. I couldn’t tell you who won or lost.

I won’t be financially supporting or even watching the games on television until Cal is gone.

This was the first year since 2018 where I was pretty invested into the team and even then, I missed several games. Just doesn’t mean as much to me anymore. Sure I hate we lost tho. I really enjoyed Reed Sheppard and he made me want to watch. Without him and if Cal is still the coach, I’m not planning to watch any Kentucky games next year

Reactions: KFuqua
I've been trying to do this for several years, but just can't. I love UK too much.

I have been a Kentucky fan since childhood and I am now in my 70"s. UK basketball is the only thing I look forward to when fall comes around. Last night I swore to myself, I will not watch another UK men's basketball game until Calisorry is gone. The state of Kentucky does not have an NBA team, we most likely will never have one. So removing kids and families from poverty getting them to the NBA is not coaching a team. We in Kentucky love our Kentucky basketball and he has damaged it more in my opinion than I thought was humanly possible. I will check in here from time to time, hoping for the day I see him gone.

Tommy Lloyd, Arizona was supposed to be a rebuild and he’s been a top 2 seed all 3 years, Gonzaga has also fallen off quite a bit since his departure.

Guy is relatively young too.

If they’re paying Can’t Coach Cal 10 million a year to shame and embarrass the program then bloviate about how people are going to view this year negatively just because we lost the games at the end. (The games that mattered you stupid idiot Cal)

Then UK should pay 20 million a year to Tommy Lloyd to actually get a good seed every single year no matter what roster he’s working with (and not lose to double digit seeds), and with the talent that can be attracted to Kentucky he will probably be in the running for a 1 seed every year.
I like Tommy Lloyd. I think he’d be a great hire even if he has underperformed in the tourney. I’m in the minority, but I think Pearl would kill it here too. Also anxious to see what Florida’s coach does in the next few years

I have no plans to ever.ever.ever.ever sign off Kentucky basketball.

What I’m planning on doing is becoming even more vocal about the fact that John Calipari sucks as a basketball coach,

AND start to become increasingly vocal about the fact that John Calipari HATES KENTUCKY BASKETBALL.

It’s time people start seeing that. As long and as precious as our basketball tradition is, and for Cal to see that tradition dying, and be unwilling to save it, even be willing to hasten it along, just because he can make money off it?

That is pure, unadulterated hatred. Unhealthy hatred. I never even hated Duke that badly.

John Vincent Calipari HATES, LOATHES, DESPISES Kentucky basketball. And I plan on calling him out on it. A lot. Rather than pretend like I don’t love it myself.

I love the fire out of it. That’s my whole problem with Calipari.

Reactions: GoCats53 and know1
Not signing off the board, but won’t be watching games moving forward. I’ll read up on how the season is going here but already know how it will read.

Reactions: KFuqua
I stopped watching from 2013 till last year. It's just not Kentucky anymore. I'll be honest I got hyped this year after the UNC game because we had huge potential but it seems like as soon as we got our 7 footers healthy and eligible the team nose dived. I think I'm done again until Cal leaves because every year is ground hogs day. Under achieve ----> team leaves ----> get new players ---> repeat.

This relationship between Coach and school should have been a divorce 5-6 years ago. Hanging on, destroying a proud program because your massive ego can’t stop you, is wrong. Everything we all do every day is predicated by performance. At this point, he is not only incompetent, he’s delusional. We lose, he does his little 15 minute press conference and accepts no responsibility. This program needs a teacher, a coach, several coaches who teach the fundamentals of the game. You cannot perform at a high level if you have no idea how to play the game. Defense is coaching and effort. I see neither from the players or this moron coach. It’s simple. He has failed to live up to the terms of his contract and therefore should be terminated for cause. No buyout, no handshake, just pack your shit and go.

I pretty much signed off in the 2015 Wisconsin loss after he decided to go with Andrew Harrison over Ulis in the final minutes. Still been watching, still love the Cats, but I realized that night that he was stupid and the most hard-headed coach we’ve ever had.

I hate Cal with a passion but I will never ever go this far.. I will never go like another team if anything I’ll quit watching before ever liking another team! I guess each is their own. I will always love the UK Wildcats until my last dying breath…
I'm mostly with you. I love my Kentucky Wildcats and always will. Cal is not UK and will be gone soon, whether this year or next, I feel it will be soon. I have season tickets and debating whether to give them up in hopes that Cal will be out sometime very soon. Buying UK gear and any merchandise , not going to happen again until he is gone. I think many of those in this thread who say they are completely parting ways with Kentucky basketball are basing that on high emotions right now and will still tune into games next year and post on here a lot still. Did not go to SEC Tournament this year and won't again until Cal is out. So, I guess I'm partially backing away from UK basketball. Just being honest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT