ADVERTISEMENT

Who is our next OC?

I totally disagree. In the sec both matter and if you are ever going to bridge a gap between haves and have nots you have to out coach at least a little bit
I agree at UK they will never out recruit the Bama's, UGS'a, UT's, and OU's so they have to have coaches who can out x&o some teams.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
BTW, what is the story behind Will Stein? I know he played QB at UL about 10 or 12 years ago. He was the OC at UTSA for a season. Then he was Oregon's OC in 2023. Honestly, I am a little surprised to see him in a rather high profile job like OC at Oregon with his rather thin resume. How has this guy developed such a reputation when he's only been an OC for two seasons at two different schools? Is he really that good or is he simply riding the coattails of the guy who was there before him? Guys that have such a limited body of work to judge by always make me a little nervous,

If you don't already. footballscoope.com is a good place to follow for coaching hires before they are made official.

We have to post that nonsense for 10 working days by law. it's ridiculous and we won't be able to announce anyone until that time passes.

That rule may be great for worker's who work at the state capitol, but in a university that rule is just plain stupid and needs to be changed by the State Reps....

GBB

Reactions: mrschwump
That rule may be great for worker's who work at the state capitol, but in a university that rule is just plain stupid and needs to be changed by the State Reps....

GBB
Figure some politician's son/daughter got bypassed for some cushy state job and he/she sought retribution thru this bizarre law.

Or if coen gave that defense waaaaaay fewer turnovers that defense looks on par.

Same this with our defense this year, right down to the bowl game where offense gave away the comfy lead with three straight turnovers deep on our side of the field. Defense was gassed and injured at the end.

And our kicker this year was pretty great. I recall the Gran 10 win season we had a kicker that didn't have the leg to hit a very modest FG vs a&m that made the difference.

Go look at our record in one score games. With coen, we completely reversed the trend where we were awesome. That isn't by happenstance.

To tie it back more to the topic, UK fans need to let go of this need to be entertained and swoon over the charismatic oc. Charisma doesn't go on the scoreboard otherwise coen would be undefeated. Running the ball wins games. Always has, always will.
I agree with most of what you said, except your last two sentences which is an old school football cliche that carries increasingly less validity. Before I state my case, I will say that being able to run is a necessity because being one dimensional would likely make stopping the pass too easy, but the two statistics most correlated to winning are passing efficiency and defensive passing efficiency. For the elite teams, they can still run at will against lesser opponents, but they pass to win against each other and their defenses have exceptional pass coverage. There are individual exceptions to every data set, but college football has evolved in to the passing era due to the clear advantages the data analysis has shown.

Some Vol jackhole was going on about Tee Martin to UK. Referenced an article from AtoZ Sports, never heard of it, but the site states some interest is there.

Hard no for me on Martin. Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: Ky grandpa
Stoops keeps this stuff close to the vest. We probably won't hear about any interviews. The next media report will be announcing So-And-So has been offered the OC job & has accepted.

Tee Martin? Hell no! If we have to go that far down our list to find a guy who will say yes, just give the job back to Eddie Gran. He may have a reputation for running the football, but at least we know he can win and adapt on the fly.

This is such a crock of crap, these jobs shouldn’t be held for two weeks waiting on some random person to walk off the street and apply! It’s the head coach’s decision, get someone hired asap and get on with the recruiting and coaching!
It's state law that the advertise these positions for a certain length of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT