ADVERTISEMENT

Who here has done time...

Grew up in Wolverine/Spartan territory in Michigan and now I despise both of those teams because of the ridicule I went through as a youngster during the probation years.

I still live here and enjoyed countless MSU and UM scandals over the last few years.
No scandals we have had measure up to the sickness in place at Spartan pedo U.

I’ve been in Knoxville, spent a LOT of time in Louisville/Kentuckiana, and never encountered a problem. Never wore UK gear those times.

Occasionally someone will ask me university I attended. I’ll tell them, and get a little ribbing, but it’s OK. I carry on after that in a way that gives them no ammunition to act acerbic.
I live in Louisville area and wear UK gear daily.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
...time behind enemy lines as a Kentucky fan? Who has lived outside of the friendlies around Lexington? How did the locals treat you as a UK fan? Friendly? Hostile?

I grew up in central Indy, when Bobby Knight was still a god. As a kid, my IU fan friends were ruthless. Lately, the Hoosiers have been pretty quite. Adult IU fans are still pretty delusional, but a bit more tolerable. Purdue fans have always been hit and miss.

Being stationed in North Carolina, I was surrounded by people from all over. But, in general, sports fans kept the UK 'hate' well within the realm of friendly sports banter.

I lived in Charlottesville, VA for a decade. Those folks didn't pay much attention to any teams outside of VaTech, Duke and UNCheat. UVA fans didn't have any bad blood towards Kentucky.
I’ve been I Florida for 8 years, moved here from Owensboro. A lot of KY fans here. I haven’t had any problems with any rival fans. First of all neither Florida St. or Florida fans care much about basketball. So far this year neither care much about football either😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT