• No

Votes: 80 89.9%
  • Yes 1 player

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Yes 2+ players

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
This is a trick question right?
Nah just curious about what these players are making. I havent been home in two years am so idk how this thing looks are there hats and shirts with the NIL in Kroger for instance? How accessible is this stuff ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Backer cutter
Will not spend a dime for any players N.I.L.

I'm a Kentucky fan.....players come and go, coaches come and go...UK remains.
Oh come on you don’t have any favorites? I remember at the EE in Cleveland the 2015 team I bought a shirt from a before that said BIG KAT. He probably coulda banked off that shirt. My friends loved it.

Reactions: Zissou87
Have not. Almost certainly will not. But not opposed to it for others; I just don’t have need for anything they’re selling. My son would have loved a cameo from KB his freshman year, but doesn’t seem to care about him any longer.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I assume most of us have endless UK memorabilia. Shirts, hats, clocks, watches, you get the point. Yet some of you put your foot down at maybe spending $20 on a UK related shirt one of the players created? Or won’t pay $13 to go to an event run by the players similar to big blue madness that is always packed and tickets scalped for hundreds of dollars? Seems like an odd hill to die on.

I assume most of us have endless UK memorabilia. Shirts, hats, clocks, watches, you get the point. Yet some of you put your foot down at maybe spending $20 on a UK related shirt one of the players created? Or won’t pay $13 to go to an event run by the players similar to big blue madness that is always packed and tickets scalped for hundreds of dollars? Seems like an odd hill to die on.
It's already been explained many times, perhaps you simply disagree.

**Any money going to the players is likely not going to the university and it's sponsors. It doesn't take much to understand the university will need to re-coup that money (higher prices) or cut something or someone (scolarships? minority programs?).

IMHO the vast majority of athletes are already over-compensated (not under). Free room, board, education, travel, healthcare, clothing and gear, tutors, marketing, etc....to play a game they love.

**I'm a sports fan of the institution, the University of Kentucky. Players and coaches come and go, the program does not.

**There is no hill to die on, the NIL is here, they won....those of us that believe the only thing allowing some resemblance of fair play, as opposed to complete corruption, was the rule against NIL. NIL will likely turn college athletics into player free agency (pick a school that can NIL you the most money) which is hard for me to see how this helps tradition-laden UK in a poor state and small city.

All you guys that supported NIL...pony up! ...help these poor mistreated athletes.

That's the way I see it...to each his own.

Regards

It's already been explained many times, perhaps you simply disagree.

**Any money going to the players is likely not going to the university and it's sponsors. It doesn't take much to understand the university will need to re-coup that money (higher prices) or cut something or someone (scolarships? minority programs?).

IMHO the vast majority of athletes are already over-compensated (not under). Free room, board, education, travel, healthcare, clothing and gear, tutors, marketing, etc....to play a game they love.

**I'm a sports fan of the institution, the University of Kentucky. Players and coaches come and go, the program does not.

**There is no hill to die on, the NIL is here, they won....those of us that believe the only thing allowing some resemblance of fair play, as opposed to complete corruption, was the rule against NIL. NIL will likely turn college athletics into player free agency (pick a school that can NIL you the most money) which is hard for me to see how this helps tradition-laden UK in a poor state and small city.

All you guys that supported NIL...pony up! ...help these poor mistreated athletes.

That's the way I see it...to each his own.

Regards
Players and coaches come and go lol What a statement. They are the only reason to even support the institution. Unless you are just a supporter of academics and would still buy UK things without sports. “Free” room and board. As if the $400+ Front row tickets wouldn’t pay that.

Not really. I have a few UK shirts but I’ll never buy another. Now when I look thru my closet looking for a shirt to wear I just reject the UK ones.

I will wear my two hoodies tho in the winter.

I would never give money to a player. Why would I do that? If one was in trouble and needed some help then yes, but that is altogether different.

Not really. I have a few UK shirts but I’ll never buy another. Now when I look thru my closet looking for a shirt to wear I just reject the UK ones.

I will wear my two hoodies tho in the winter.

I would never give money to a player. Why would I do that? If one was in trouble and needed some help then yes, but that is altogether different.
Where in my post did I say anything about giving money?

That's the thing, it doesnt have the UK logo on it anywhere. If they want to get serious about NIL they will work out something with UK so they can co-brand things. Until that happens I'd say the NIL merchandise route won't do as well as some would think. I could be wrong though.

This thread is not surprising at all and it kind of makes me think that UK isn't going to be a top program if the NIL hangs around since this state doesn't those people, I mean those players, making any money.

Reactions: Zissou87
Virtue signaling is always fun. :D
I would buy a shirt, hat, watch, ball, or whatever I might want from the players in the same way I would buy them on a visit to Rupp Arena. Why would I care who gets the money? If it's legal and won't hurt anyone's eligibility (it is and it won't), then why not let these players benefit? I remember when we got the death penalty for a player getting $1000. That is likely chump change at this point. Yes, it's strange to me that college players can make money now and it's perfectly legal, but here we are. And really, Universities, the NCAA, Nike, Adidas, Reebok, tshirt and memorabilia companies, et al, have been making money off these kids for YEARS. Why can't the players get a cut? Makes sense to me and if it's legal I'm fine with it.

I'd more likely spend $$$ on a player if they stayed 3-4 years rather than the lone year we have with them. Or of course if they won us a championship ala AD

Reactions: KFuqua
You know what memorabilia I have? Kentucky basketball yearbooks. Prints of the 3 championship teams of my lifetime on my office wall (1996, 1998, 2012). I have the "Through the Years" print you see in my avatar. I even have a fluorescent "UK bar light" in my office, I love it. I have a wooden cut out in the shape of the state of Kentucky with a "UK" logo in the middle.

No, I'm not a guy that buys all the player related memorabilia. I won't buy a shirt with a player's name on it, a watch, or whatever else. And no I won't spend 13 dollars to watch the guys do drills or dunk in layup lines. It's not for me. No problem with other guys that do it. It's just not for me.

Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT