ADVERTISEMENT

NIL strategy….

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
I don’t exactly follow NIL stuff so forgive me if this is already in place or whatever. But I think Kentucky has a unique advantage over all other schools if Cal pursues it. Some all know that Kentucky has more players in the nba than anyone. Cal will make sure we don’t forget that.

Are those guys allowed to donate to the new collective? Because if so, we could live big off of legacy money. I saw somewhere that a really strong college team can be bought for 3-4 mil. If all these guys in the nba that have nothing but great things to say about cal and UK decided to donate a healthy amount then we could have a 5-6 mil payroll. Not to mention that we would still get money from traditional donors as well. This could create a cycle of new money every year.

Come to UK and Cal will get you in the league. Throw some money back down once you get there. Over and over. We would never lose another recruit that we wanted. This would really emphasize the fraternity that is Kentucky basketball. Hearing Julius Randall’s recent interview put this into a different light for me. This dynasty can be bought now.

That's what the LaFamilia thing was last year. Cal got (at least asked) UK guys in the NBA to donate to the NIL fund. Now that NIL has changed more and fans can donate, it's now expanded to fans and everyone else to donate.

Reactions: Rockfly78
That's what the LaFamilia thing was last year. Cal got (at least asked) UK guys in the NBA to donate to the NIL fund. Now that NIL has changed more and fans can donate, it's now expanded to fans and everyone else to donate.
Gotcha. I’m surprised then that it hasn’t generated much more cash.

Then I guess I’m sorts confused about the announcement of the new collective yesterday. How is it different than the la familia thing we already had?

Then I guess I’m sorts confused about the announcement of the new collective yesterday. How is it different than the la familia thing we already had?
It’s just another collective. Different collectives have different purposes and different ways of raising funds. Almost every school has multiple collectives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT