ADVERTISEMENT

NIL incentive to beat UK Basketball?? could it be happening?

howercat

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2007
I get that the coaching is bad. Cal is just not the answer anymore. He had a good run.

However another reason I think is happening, is the teams UK is playing are setting up the UK game as their superbowl. And yes, UK has always been the superbowl. But prior to NIL, the payoffs were little bags of cash.

Now with NIL, boosters are paying high sums of money to the players to beat UK. These guys are playing out of their minds for a huge single game payday. UK players are not matching the intensity. They are sitting on a nice pile of cash anyway.

UK on the other hand is not matching the single game payoff, and the UK players just treat the games like another game.

Meanwhile, Kansas, UConn, etc, are doing both, they are paying the NIL money for the season, and for big games are also paying extra incentives ($$$$$) to win the big games too.

Is there any way possible this is happening???

I love a great conspiracy, but this made me chuckle... wouldn't put it past them though, people hate us because they want to be us, or that's how it used to be anyway.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
I get that the coaching is bad. Cal is just not the answer anymore. He had a good run.

However another reason I think is happening, is the teams UK is playing are setting up the UK game as their superbowl. And yes, UK has always been the superbowl. But prior to NIL, the payoffs were little bags of cash.

Now with NIL, boosters are paying high sums of money to the players to beat UK. These guys are playing out of their minds for a huge single game payday. UK players are not matching the intensity. They are sitting on a nice pile of cash anyway.

UK on the other hand is not matching the single game payoff, and the UK players just treat the games like another game.

Meanwhile, Kansas, UConn, etc, are doing both, they are paying the NIL money for the season, and for big games are also paying extra incentives ($$$$$) to win the big games too.

Is there any way possible this is happening???
Do you have any sources for this? I can't imagine it's true.

UK is losing simply because they are ill prepared. Cal has become extremely complacent to the point of laziness when it comes to doing his job. That is the reason. End of story. When Coaches have been telling reporters how easy UK is to game plan it couldn’t be more obvious and don’t understand why people don’t believe.

Just why is UK anyone’s SuperBowl anymore? The guys playing today against UK were toddlers when UK last won it all. Outside of the Vanderbilts of the world, who fears playing a Cal coached team?

Last edited:
Our players don't give an ish because their road to the NBA is secure. Why should they care about college NIL money when the NBA lotto is right around the corner. They are just here for one year because they have to be.

The best thing that could happen to college BB is to get rid of the restriction on entering the NBA from high school. Of course that is bad for the NBA, so they make sure it stays in place.

I want Cal gone if for no other reason than to break ties with the NBA. Get people in here who are hungry, want to be here, and want nothing more than to win. Combine that with and Xs an Os coach and Kentucky can climb back atop the mountain.

Last edited:
UK is losing simply because they are ill prepared. Cal has become extremely complacent to the point of laziness when it comes to doing his job. That is the reason. End of story. When Coaches have been telling reporters how easy UK is to game plan it couldn’t be more obvious and don’t understand why people don’t believe.

Just why is UK anyone’s SuperBowl anymore? The guys playing today against UK were toddlers when UK last won it all. Outside of the Vanderbilts of the world, who fears playing a Cal coached team?

That‘s the problem. We have been predictable and bad the last few years. It’s okay to be predictable when you have studs like AD and KAT inside.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
Do you have any sources for this? I can't imagine it's true.
No I don't have a source but I could see it happening like this: some starters/players who are not gonna be drafted, are expected to return are told that if they beat UK this year, then next year their NIL deals will get a hefty increase, for beating uk.

I would not put this past any one in the NIL era. No source.

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

Anyone who believes that is really showing how little they know about basketball. Kentucky has a lot of different looks out of box sets. People will just believe anything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT