ADVERTISEMENT

Who does louisvile get?

Dusty May received a 10-year contract extension after last season. I believe he's now making $1.25 million but it increases by 5% each season after that.

Now I'm not saying he'll never leave FAU. But if he's leaving Boca Raton, currently being paid $1 million+ each season, for another coaching job - I dont think it's going to be one that's currently in shambles
making $1 million in Boca is like making $500k in Louisville. And he could get several multiples of the $1 million at U of L (or OSU).

Dusty May will be in Bloomington at some point (if his trajectory holds). If he were to leave FAU, going to OSU and being in the Big10 makes more sense than trying to revive UofL. My guess is he has one more year at FAU before moving to Bloomington about this time next year.

They won't hire anyone who has had any type problems in the past. So that rules out a lot of suggested coaches. I don't expect it to be a "homerun" hire just someone clean who has had mediocre success. Musselman might be their man

Why would you want Louisville to be good again? Do you think any of their fans would say that about us? HELL NO . I hope they suck until the end of time!!
Preach it Bill!!! I said when KP signed I was glad he was going to get paid, but hope after that that he lost ever game.

I would bet on Tang or a long shot like Jerry Stackhouse.
UL has no choice but to give their new coach a wad of NIL money to use to get players. Then after you get them, you will need even more NIL money to keep them if they have a really good season.

Reactions: robo222
I would bet on Tang or a long shot like Jerry Stackhouse.
UL has no choice but to give their new coach a wad of NIL money to use to get players. Then after you get them, you will need even more NIL money to keep them if they have a really good season.
Stackhouse would have them wishing it was Jamie Dixon. lol

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Stackhouse would have them wishing it was Jamie Dixon. lol
Stackhouse might have his faults but he can coach. You do not see many 5 stars at Vandy but he does have many games where they do compete with the best in the SEC.
Give someone who knows the game a was of NIL to buy players, he just might be someone who can do better than wha they had these last few years.
Only thing I see against him is his dress. He is much too classy a dresser for a ghetto school like UL.
Then again, he might turn out to be dressed to look like "Pimp Daddy" there.

ESPN’s Jeff Borzello says UL’s list (in order) is:

Scott Drew
Mick Cronin
Dusty May

He also (hilariously) predicts that none of them go to UL and said he’s unsure where they would turn next.

Pitino already has the Louisville tattoo. He could just step right back in.
I actually believe he would be a good hire for them. everybody knows what went on there that got him fired but i think he would be soon forgiven. it’s a totally new basketball world now than when he left u6.
He can still coach and could recruit and shop the portal enough to be competetive in the acc.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
I don’t believe anything about the beating woman allegations. Some drunken dispute that went too far and now everyone jumps on like he’s some kind of guy out here assaulting women.

ummm in Texas the police press charges NOT the accuser. In other words they have to have significant probable cause to arrest (evidence). So unless you’re saying the cops there made it all up, you’re ignorance is showing. They only dropped charges because she refused to testify (ie I don’t wanna lose my rich lifestyle). Heck he didn’t even sue Texas for wrongful termination. Read between the lines man. Beard is an asshole.

I actually believe he would be a good hire for them. everybody knows what went on there that got him fired but i think he would be soon forgiven. it’s a totally new basketball world now than when he left u6.
He can still coach and could recruit and shop the portal enough to be competetive in the acc.
He’s a bubble team at St John’s. Now that could change in the coming years but the man was on camera saying this was the worst year of his life. If you think the pressure at St John’s is too much lol.

Reactions: blubo
He’s a bubble team at St John’s. Now that could change in the coming years but the man was on camera saying this was the worst year of his life. If you think the pressure at St John’s is too much lol.
Looking at how bad sj has been in recent years i think their fans are happy being on the verge of winning 20 games.

Reactions: bbncal02
Personally, I think Louisville has been stained to the point where the administration will be under pressure and instructed that they can’t hire anyone who slips up and hurts their reputation as an academic institution further. I don’t think Louisville’s first priority under the BOT (employed by the Rupp’s special forces of course) will be to win, but instead maintain something close to an image of integrity.

If they want to win and win immediately, my guy (for UK too) would be Beard. He’s going to win titles, I’ve said it for 4 years. Whatever major program gets their hands on him, they will win. But I just don’t think Louisville has the capital to go all out. To me it made the Payne hire make sense. They’ve already started down this road. I put Beard to UL at a 1% chance, and I definitely want him to repair his image and be the next guy at UK.

They’ll go out and try and poach a decent, squeaky clean guy first. After that, if he declines (someone like Golden) I think it’ll be a “what the f” name that nobody is even thinking about. Unless of course it’s really going to be Muss, because the Scott Drew talk is nonsense. He wouldn’t go there with UK opening soon - he knows he’s on the list.
Only to add that I agree 100% with this whole post. Yes I realize Beard has baggage but I want a winning coach for UK and he will win in Lexington. However, for UofL, idgaf who they hire…it had better win big and soon (Pearl) because if Cal were to leave and Beard goes to UK; we’re winning A
LOT.

Last edited:
Pitino eventually failed there and was fired. Mack failed there and was fired. Payne, beloved alum and natty, failed there and was fired. Who is next?

Reactions: KFuqua
Personally, I believe Jerry Stackhouse should be the call!
In a span of 9 days he picked up as many victories over Kentucky as Louisville has in the last decade. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: GoCats53
ummm in Texas the police press charges NOT the accuser. In other words they have to have significant probable cause to arrest (evidence). So unless you’re saying the cops there made it all up, you’re ignorance is showing. They only dropped charges because she refused to testify (ie I don’t wanna lose my rich lifestyle). Heck he didn’t even sue Texas for wrongful termination. Read between the lines man. Beard is an asshole.

I wasn’t there I haven’t got a clue what happened. He’s coaching at Ole Miss and it’s not being taken further. You must not understand that domestic violence charges are completely out of control in many places. I personally know of a case that a spouse took the keys from her husband while drinking and was arrested for domestic abuse and theft. 100%.

I realize the accusations were more than that, but when it comes to high profile relationships and these types of incidences, I go with where the law takes it. And it didn’t take it anywhere. There’s nothing ignorant about it.

I don’t believe if Ole Miss thought he was a wife beater they would have allowed him the keys to their program, and I assure you they looked into it.

I wasn’t there I haven’t got a clue what happened. He’s coaching at Ole Miss and it’s not being taken further. You must not understand that domestic violence charges are completely out of control in many places. I personally know of a case that a spouse took the keys from her husband while drinking and was arrested for domestic abuse and theft. 100%.

I realize the accusations were more than that, but when it comes to high profile relationships and these types of incidences, I go with where the law takes it. And it didn’t take it anywhere. There’s nothing ignorant about it.

I don’t believe if Ole Miss thought he was a wife beater they would have allowed him the keys to their program, and I assure you they looked into it.
The police literally charged him and the DA was fully ready to prosecute. They couldn’t proceed because she recanted (again to not lose her meal ticket).

So unless you are saying the police are lying here….because they are the ones that have to decide to arrest in TX not the complaining parties.

Not saying domestic cases aren’t made up. That’s why the law in Texas is the way it is. Police have to have conclusive evidence to make an arrest. They can’t of off of “he said she did”. She apparently had bruising on her neck and throat. That was in the responding officers report.

The fact he didn’t sue TX for wrongful termination says all you need to know. If it was all made up he’d have a case right? And it’d be open and shut right?!

Just stop trying to defend a piece of crap.

The police literally charged him and the DA was fully ready to prosecute. They couldn’t proceed because she recanted (again to not lose her meal ticket). So unless you are saying the police are lying here….because they are the ones that have to decide to arrest in TX not the complaining parties.

The fact he didn’t sue TX for wrongful termination says all you need to know. If it was all made up he’d have a case right? And it’d be open and shut right?!

It’s not that simple, you’re oversimplifying this and no, he wouldn’t do that. He’d be an idiot to drag that out. No coach in that position would drag out a case that has domestic violence attached to it. So where you think that proves something I have no idea.

You’re assuming she recanted because of “her meal ticket”. You have no idea, for all you know she could have been the instigator in the entire thing and didn’t want it to be brought forth.

America ‘24, if a really bad word is thrown around you’re free to assume the worst and publicly convict. I definitely will not.

It’s not that simple, you’re oversimplifying this and no, he wouldn’t do that. He’d be an idiot to drag that out. No coach in that position would drag out a case that has domestic violence attached to it. So where you think that proves something I have no idea.

You’re assuming she recanted because of “her meal ticket”. You have no idea, for all you know she could have been the instigator in the entire thing and didn’t want it to be brought forth.

America ‘24, if a really bad word is thrown around you’re free to assume the worst and publicly convict. I definitely will not.

If she had instigated the evidence would probably show that. That’s what I’m saying. Cops in Texas can’t arrest off testimony for domestic violence. If to see self defense, he should have some defensive wounds. Apparently he didn’t. No scratches, nothing.

I’d think if I wa fired from my multimillion dollars job I liked because I was falsely accused, damn right I’d sue. But that means evidence would come out further in court. And that’s something he didn’t want to do…can’t imagine why.

Also, you think UT didn’t consult its legal team before they fired him? Asking what grounds they had? Come on. This wasn’t some conspiracy against Beard.

As far as Ole Miss is concerned, that’s between them and their legal. But if Rick Pitino could get rehired, that says a lot. Some schools don’t care.

America 24. Where we defend assholes. I will believe the law and UTx this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kybluedude
If she had instigated the evidence would probably show that. That’s what I’m saying. Cops in Texas can’t arrest off testimony for domestic violence. If to see self defense, he should have some defensive wounds. Apparently he didn’t. No scratches, nothing.

I’d think if I wa fired from my multimillion dollars job I liked because I was falsely accused, damn right I’d sue. But that means evidence would come out further in court. And that’s something he didn’t want to do…can’t imagine why.

America 24. Where we defend assholes. I will believe the law on this one.

Yea I don’t think you understand how this works my man. Domestic violence accusations can destroy you, even if you’re 100% innocent. In my field of work, it would completely destroy me without a shred of evidence. I would bet on that.

He had to handle that extremely carefully and the worst thing he could do is fight it out and keep it front and center of attention. That’s just, well, stupid. No, a coach in his position that isn’t going to be taken to court would absolutely not drag that out. I don’t know why you’re having a tough time with that aspect of this. Him not suing proves absolutely zero, less than nothing. You don’t have to accept it but it’s true at the same time.

These are high profile relationships and for the most part, this isn’t an area where a guy like
that is a threat to women. Ole Miss looked into this and probably had outside help to do it, they felt comfortable enough to hire.

I get it, you’re a good / nice guy and heard the news. I understand your points. However, At this point though, given the entire situation, I’d hire him unless I was given more to go on. If you’d ruin his career and life over what you know, please stay off of juries my guy. That’s my only request.

By the way; the aggressor can have the most marks in domestic situations. Another reason some domestic violence charges are total bullshit

Reactions: gojvc
Yea I don’t think you understand how this works my man. Domestic violence accusations can destroy you, even if you’re 100% innocent. In my field of work, it would completely destroy me without a shred of evidence. I would bet on that.

He had to handle that extremely carefully and the worst thing he could do is fight it out and keep it front and center of attention. That’s just, well, stupid. No, a coach in his position that isn’t going to be taken to court would absolutely not drag that out. I don’t know why you’re having a tough time with that aspect of this. Him not suing proves absolutely zero, less than nothing. You don’t have to accept it but it’s true at the same time.

These are high profile relationships and for the most part, this isn’t an area where a guy like
That is a threat to women. Ole Miss looked into this and probably had outside help to do it, they felt comfortable enough to hire.

I get it, you’re a good guy and heard the news. At this point though, given the entire situation; I’d hire him unless I was given more to go on. If you’d ruin his career and life over what you know, please stay off of juries my guy. That’s my only request.

By the way; the aggressor can have the most marks in situations. Another reason some domestic violence charges are total bullshit
You aren’t “my guy”

and he isn’t just some Joe scheme who can’t afford legal consult of the highest quality. He’s a multimillionaire. He also would have a slam dunk case, she recanted! So she would back him up and Texas would have no legal grounds to fire him on a false accusation. Right?

Also:

As police investigated the scene, Beard said he had proof that he was not the attacker, but he would not share the acclaimed audio recordings with authorities, the Statesman reported.

So he had evidence at the scene that he said proved his innocence but wouldn’t share it. Come on. If I had evidence I believed would keep me from going to jail that night I’d be playing it for police.

And I’ve set on juries “my guy”. We actually got someone off.

But please, continue to act like you know me.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT