ADVERTISEMENT

Who does louisvile get?

You aren’t “my guy”

and he isn’t just some Joe scheme who can’t afford legal aid. He’s a multimillionaire.

Also:

Okay so you aren’t going to accept that a coach in his situation would not drag that out? It’s common sense, it’s literally the smarter play there when there was clearly an issue that went down, and an issue that has domestic violence attached to it lol.

You’re just wrong there, anyone who handles PR would tell you that. No coach would have taken any of that to court. None. So be wrong if you want to that’s fine.

Ole Miss, given the allegations, looked into that matter as deep as possible and probably had a lot of help doing it. They felt it was okay to move along. Nothing has come of it since. There is no reason for him to be held accountable for something he wasn’t convicted of. That’s how this works.

And if you’re right guess what? Domestic abusers (I work in a field where I deal with this issue a lot) rarely stop. So I guess it’s coming again right?

Reactions: gojvc
I hate all things Louisville. But, I believe that UL is a better job than any SEC school not named Kentucky
Obviously from a tradition perspective, this is true … but I wonder how many years of being in the SEC/Big Ten will just make the finances so superior that it tips the scales? UL obviously will never be invited to either conference.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
Okay so you aren’t going to accept that a coach in his situation would not drag that out? It’s common sense, it’s literally the smarter play there when there was clearly an issue that went down, and an issue that has domestic violence attached to it lol.

You’re just wrong there, anyone who handles PR would tell you that. No coach would have taken any of that to court. None. So be wrong if you want to that’s fine.

Ole Miss, given the allegations, looked into that matter as deep as possible and probably had a lot of help doing it. They felt it was okay to move along. Nothing has come of it since. There is no reason for him to be held accountable for something he wasn’t convicted of. That’s how this works.

And if you’re right guess what? Domestic abusers (I work in a field where I deal with this issue a lot) rarely stop. So I guess it’s coming again right?
Solid he had evidence to prove his immune why not use it? For shits and giggles?

Sadly yes he probably will. And sadly some wine will get hurt or worse unless he gets help.

We’re just going to agree to disagree. Have a good night.

Solid he had evidence to prove his immune why not use it? For shits and giggles?

Sadly yes he probably will. And sadly some wine will get hurt or worse unless he gets help.

We’re just going to agree to disagree. Have a good night.

You still don’t get it. It’s typically he said she said domestic violence case. NOBODY WINS regardless. You can’t prove shit, it’s messy and you could easily look like the instigator when you weren’t. You cannot win these cases, you’re going to look bad regardless. NOBODY would drag that out in his case. Good grief.

I can tell your experience with these matters is about zero.

There’s no disagreement, you don’t even understand that no coach would take something like that into court. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about my guy. If you cannot accept that then you’re just being obtuse because you heard the original reports. The only way he would take that to court is if he was clearly never going to work again, set to lose his life’s work earnings etc. if not you drop it and move on. It’s not debatable.

Now you think Beard is going to beat his wife at Ole Miss. Yea, man I hope jury duty misses your address no offense.

• Wow
Reactions: BigKari
You still don’t get it. It’s typically he said she said domestic violence case. NOBODY WINS regardless. You can’t prove shit, it’s messy and you could easily look like the instigator when you weren’t. You cannot win these cases, you’re going to look bad regardless. NOBODY would drag that out in his case. Good grief.

I can tell your experience with these matters is about zero.

There’s no disagreement, you don’t even understand that no coach would take something like that into court. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about my guy. If you cannot accept that then you’re just being obtuse because you heard the original reports. The only way he would take that to court is if he was clearly never going to work again, set to lose his life’s work earnings etc. if not you drop it and move on. It’s not debatable.

Now you think Beard is going to beat his wife at Ole Miss. Yea, man I hope jury duty misses your address no offense.

People don't care about the law anymore. The biggest fear of getting arrested for some. Shouldn't be jai/prison time. It should be what happens when you get found not guilty. You think everything's fine. But it's not so, your repuation is in tatters, people don't want to talk to you etc etc. It's even worse in a small town. Where word spreads.

Reactions: gojvc and Jeff2Reed
People don't care about the law anymore. The biggest fear of getting arrested for some. Shouldn't be jai/prison time. It should be what happens when you get found not guilty. You think everything's fine. But it's not so, your repuation is in tatters, people don't want to talk to you etc etc. It's even worse in a small town. Where word spreads.

Exactly. I have felt so bad for several people who had domestic violence charges brought, clients of mine actually. Complete nonsense and lives
Destroyed even after nothing came of it. Children’s lives ruined too. It’s terrible.

Men and women should get along obviously, and men have the edge so they have to have restraint. It really shoudnt have to be said. But ya know, I realize the guy I was having the back and forth is a nice man and thinks he’s doing the right thing but he’s not. And it’s stuff like this that causes huge problems for a lot of people unjustly.

Now Beard is a woman beater who needs to be in prison. Evidence in court? Zero. Convictions? Zero. His personal connection? None. But he knows.

It’s dangerous. And in some states the standard for arrest is insane. Georgia (not sure about currently) had a law where they had to make an arrest in a domestic violence call. Could have been voices raised, someone goes to jail. And a domestic violence charge can be worse than a felony.

You don’t brand someone a domestic abuser based off of a small bit of information especially when there wasn’t a court case. Women and men, it goes both ways. The worst injustice of domestic abuse I’ve ever seen was against a woman stopping her husband from driving drunk. Having said that, woman many times don’t come forward and it’s a hard thing to deal with. But these types of cases should be handled carefully. And the higher profile the case, the more I question all of it.

Last edited:
didn’t mean to derail the thread, back on topic, I still think it’s going to be a name we haven’t thought about much. I really hope it’s not May, I’d rather not see Louisville have a shot at a hot up and comer. Although I don’t believe he’s a slam dunk at all.

I would think he would wait it out for his Alma mater Indiana so he could be the savior, but I don’t know enough about his situation. As I’ve said I don’t think Louisville is a very good job anymore in this climate, so he might want to go to Ohio State instead. Great basketball tradition that has never gotten over the hump and with a stable conference with a lot of NIL opportunities.

I'm going with Mick Cronin. He coached there as an assistant and knows what the job will be like. He also spent a lot of time up the road in Cincinnati and is from there. So he has lots of experience in this region. Things aren't looking to good at UCLA this year and might be the perfect time to get out of Dodge and come back home.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
I just saw a post on Facebook claiming it's going to be Bob Huggins. They're motivated because he can turn the program around quickly. He's motivated because he only needs 65 wins to 1,000

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I would bet on Tang or a long shot like Jerry Stackhouse.
UL has no choice but to give their new coach a wad of NIL money to use to get players. Then after you get them, you will need even more NIL money to keep them if they have a really good season.
I have been thinking Stackhouse… His Vandy teams when I watch them (vs Kentucky) play hard and look well coached… Do not think he’s gotten close to his ceiling. And think he can recruit better than KP. OMO

Yea I don’t think you understand how this works my man. Domestic violence accusations can destroy you, even if you’re 100% innocent. In my field of work, it would completely destroy me without a shred of evidence. I would bet on that.

He had to handle that extremely carefully and the worst thing he could do is fight it out and keep it front and center of attention. That’s just, well, stupid. No, a coach in his position that isn’t going to be taken to court would absolutely not drag that out. I don’t know why you’re having a tough time with that aspect of this. Him not suing proves absolutely zero, less than nothing. You don’t have to accept it but it’s true at the same time.

These are high profile relationships and for the most part, this isn’t an area where a guy like
that is a threat to women. Ole Miss looked into this and probably had outside help to do it, they felt comfortable enough to hire.

I get it, you’re a good / nice guy and heard the news. I understand your points. However, At this point though, given the entire situation, I’d hire him unless I was given more to go on. If you’d ruin his career and life over what you know, please stay off of juries my guy. That’s my only request.

By the way; the aggressor can have the most marks in domestic situations. Another reason some domestic violence charges are total bullshit
Yes should be vetted like we did Eddie Sutton and Billy Clyde…..😳

making $1 million in Boca is like making $500k in Louisville. And he could get several multiples of the $1 million at U of L (or OSU).
Right, but go back to what I said - he ain't leaving Boca Raton for what's currently a dumpster fire at Louisville. I never said anything about OSU or Indiana.

But specifically to Lville, he's not leaving what he's built at FAU, the relationship and trust with his administration, for a program in disarray like Lville

201209111048388873387-p2.jpg
The search begins and ends here.

Matt Jones just said they're going hot and heavy after Scott Drew first! Dusty May and Chris Beard are the back up options. He gives them a good chance at getting one of them. He said those within the University gave the AD the go ahead to consider Beard, because his issues didn't involve NCAA violations.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
didn’t mean to derail the thread, back on topic, I still think it’s going to be a name we haven’t thought about much. I really hope it’s not May, I’d rather not see Louisville have a shot at a hot up and comer. Although I don’t believe he’s a slam dunk at all.

I would think he would wait it out for his Alma mater Indiana so he could be the savior, but I don’t know enough about his situation. As I’ve said I don’t think Louisville is a very good job anymore in this climate, so he might want to go to Ohio State instead. Great basketball tradition that has never gotten over the hump and with a stable conference with a lot of NIL opportunities.
Man you can’t deny you’re Mike-McD at this point

I have been thinking Stackhouse… His Vandy teams when I watch them (vs Kentucky) play hard and look well coached… Do not think he’s gotten close to his ceiling. And think he can recruit better than KP. OMO
I agree, Robo. I like Stack, and I think he can coach. I agree that he's not close to his ceiling yet. I think Stack would be a good fit in Louisville, and would be able to recruit there very effectively. He might even get them back to the point where they're not referred to as "U6" any longer. :cool:

Anyone checking Flightaware for flights coming into Louisville from Nashville? Maybe Stack and Muss are coming in together on the same flight. 😆

The police literally charged him and the DA was fully ready to prosecute. They couldn’t proceed because she recanted (again to not lose her meal ticket).

So unless you are saying the police are lying here….because they are the ones that have to decide to arrest in TX not the complaining parties.

Not saying domestic cases aren’t made up. That’s why the law in Texas is the way it is. Police have to have conclusive evidence to make an arrest. They can’t of off of “he said she did”. She apparently had bruising on her neck and throat. That was in the responding officers report.

The fact he didn’t sue TX for wrongful termination says all you need to know. If it was all made up he’d have a case right? And it’d be open and shut right?!

Just stop trying to defend a piece of crap.
Agree. If he hadnt been a basketball coach that was well known, he would be in jail now.

With his surprisingly large buyout he can afford to be picky. lol

Right, but go back to what I said - he ain't leaving Boca Raton for what's currently a dumpster fire at Louisville. I never said anything about OSU or Indiana.

But specifically to Lville, he's not leaving what he's built at FAU, the relationship and trust with his administration, for a program in disarray like Lville
Comical

With the money I don't think they have. What coaches do u think would even be an option for them ? Seems like they will be in the gutter for a while if u ask me.
They could get Dawn Staley and finally have a coach with some balls.

• Haha
Reactions: blubo
The way State is taking the vols manhood the cards should call Chris Jans

Last edited:
Reactions: GoCats53
Steve Lutz looks like the real deal to me. Not sure he's built for the biggest stage yet but he might be and Loserville would do well to get him now, imo. He's on the rise and right here in state at wku.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT