ADVERTISEMENT

Who does louisvile get?

It’s all over but the crying at UofL it seems.

So who do you think realistically 1) takes that job and 2) could give us trouble?

Does Oats jump? What about Beard? Does UofL go after Cronin?
This IMMEDIATELY reminded me of the video game Fallout 4.

As I’ve said several times, Beard to UL would be the worst scenario UK would find themselves in since Pitino > Tubby 2001. I think it would be worse because of how much the programs are geared toward the coach these days.

I think it would be a scary time for UK unlike any other. The guy is going to win, maybe multiple titles eventually if he gets the right program. He’s been minutes, literally a few minutes and an overtime from having 2 final four and a title under his belt coaching no man’s land.

But I don’t think Louisville can risk that, I think right now the hire will be ho hum, and someone like Drew is off the table.

Louisville is not an attractive job for the elite coaches anymore. It’s getting worse with time as the Jurich crime organization has been dismembered and the conference shifts will leave them out. It’s also incredibly hard to win at Louisville nowadays with UK everywhere. Tough, rough job to win at and build a national
Brand that’s powerful. That’s not even getting into their NIL situation and how they’re having to keep most of it geared toward football because of expansion. Then the problem of Kentucky soaking up most NIL opportunities in the state.

I don’t think most realize just how difficult it is to win there in the modern era.

Look for a guy that we aren’t even talking much about is what I figure.

I’m not worried about Beard. Or any coach that takes that job for that matter.

Beard, Oats, Muss, etc are all overhyped internet fanboy coaches that I wouldn’t want here so why should we be worried about them there…

Mr. Praline: I wish to complain about this Cardinal what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.
Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Louisville Cardinal. What's, uh...what's wrong with it?
Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
Owner: No, no, 'e's uh...he's resting.
Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead Louisville Cardinal when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now!

5-sleepcardinal_fa17de4e-2c04-4401-a84f-7b552afc3686.jpg

Breaks my heart. :p
Apologies to Monty Python.

I have head Oats or Pearl for a few months now. But that is from Louisville fans so who knows

I know they are cash strapped but that doesn't mean they can't still find a way to pay someone a high end salary. There is a lot of money in Louisville. Someone will step up for the right coach. My gut tells me they will hire a young guy, but luring Drew would not shock me. Louisville is a basketball school in a tradition rich state with a metropolitan area and an NBA arena. It will be more attractive than you think. But it is a ground up rebuild.

As I’ve said several times, Beard to UL would be the worst scenario UK would find themselves in since Pitino > Tubby 2001. I think it would be worse because of how much the programs are geared toward the coach these days.

I think it would be a scary time for UK unlike any other. The guy is going to win, maybe multiple titles eventually if he gets the right program. He’s been minutes, literally a few minutes and an overtime from having 2 final four and a title under his belt coaching no man’s land.

But I don’t think Louisville can risk that, I think right now the hire will be ho hum, and someone like Drew is off the table.

Louisville is not an attractive job for the elite coaches anymore. It’s getting worse with time as the Jurich crime organization has been dismembered and the conference shifts will leave them out. It’s also incredibly hard to win at Louisville nowadays with UK everywhere. Tough, rough job to win at and build a national
Brand that’s powerful. That’s not even getting into their NIL situation and how they’re having to keep most of it geared toward football because of expansion. Then the problem of Kentucky soaking up most NIL opportunities in the state.

I don’t think most realize just how difficult it is to win there in the modern era.

Look for a guy that we aren’t even talking much about is what I figure.
My guess is Beard has a huge buyout at Ole Miss since he was hired pretty quickly after being fired.

Goodman's conversation about Dusty May choosing between OSU and U of L is interesting. I agree that Dusty May is a homerun hire for either. What Dusty has done at FAU is unbelievable.

Goodman's conversation about Dusty May choosing between OSU and U of L is interesting. I agree that Dusty May is a homerun hire for either. What Dusty has done at FAU is unbelievable.
Would be a good hire, but I'm expecting UL to wind up with a Muss or Jamie Dixon, not May or Drew.

Louisville is arguably a historic top 10 school for basketball, so that alone helps.
BUT, considering all the buy outs for coaches they have paid out over the last decade or so, I couldn't imagine they couldn't afford a top tier coach.
On top of that the ACC appears like it could be a dying conference. I think they end up with an OK coach that doesn't move the needle of excitement much with their fans. But right now, anything would be an improvement.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Would be a good hire, but I'm expecting UL to wind up with a Muss or Jamie Dixon, not May or Drew.
Dixon would be a disaster hire. They may have money problems but this is the type of hire where you put a second or third mortgage on your house to get the right guy. If they pinch pennies and hire someone on the cheap, and that person fails, their program could be permanently dead.

Does the Ville have the money after the buyout of KP to get someone like Oats Pearl, Drew or other good coaches because all the schools have plenty of money to keep these coaches I would think plus they already have strong programs coming to the Ville will be a rebuilding process.

Does the Ville have the money after the buyout of KP to get someone like Oats Pearl, Drew or other good coaches because all the schools have plenty of money to keep these coaches I would think plus they already have strong programs coming to the Ville will be a rebuilding process.
If I were u6 I'd go after one of Golden, Smart or Paris.

Reactions: chevyman 50
I've fought not watching this again but i just lost the fight. this shit is beyond funny i cannot stop watching ! lol. but I can't fight this feeling anymore and I've forgotten what I started fighting for and It's time to bring this ship into the shore And throw away the oars, forever. now fight that song outa yer head!
I saw them on that tour at Freedom Hall.

Reactions: OleBum
LOL at the fear of Beard.Unless you are a woman you are safe.

Were you out of the country when he was on the edge of 2 final fours and an overtime away from a title at a doormat?

Maybe you were, but yea he’s ended up pretty good. With UK’s resources he would absolutely kill it here. No doubt about it.

I don’t believe anything about the beating woman allegations. Some drunken dispute that went too far and now everyone jumps on like he’s some kind of guy out here assaulting women.

Staying away from Beard and all other guys with baggage is the smartest thing UL can do tbh
I get the Chris Beard, & Sean Miller stuff.. and Beard is supposedly a Billy G type drunk in addition to the domestic issues.

Goodman also mentioned Mussleman having baggage??? I know he's kind of weird, but what baggage is he referring to?

Goodman's prediction is Dusty May, but it wouldn't surprise him if he chose Ohio State instead of UL.

Dusty May received a 10-year contract extension after last season. I believe he's now making $1.25 million but it increases by 5% each season after that.

Now I'm not saying he'll never leave FAU. But if he's leaving Boca Raton, currently being paid $1 million+ each season, for another coaching job - I dont think it's going to be one that's currently in shambles

I get the Chris Beard, & Sean Miller stuff.. and Beard is supposedly a Billy G type drunk in addition to the domestic issues.

Goodman also mentioned Mussleman having baggage??? I know he's kind of weird, but what baggage is he referring to?
I think all of his players are dating each other.

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai
Were you out of the country when he was on the edge of 2 final fours and an overtime away from a title at a doormat?

Maybe you were, but yea he’s ended up pretty good. With UK’s resources he would absolutely kill it here. No doubt about it.

I don’t believe anything about the beating woman allegations. Some drunken dispute that went too far and now everyone jumps on like he’s some kind of guy out here assaulting women.

He's a biter. Can't trust a biter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT