ADVERTISEMENT

Who does louisvile get?

I guess you've never been in the yum center and you have never heard of Junior Bridgeman. Louisville is a much bigger city than Lexington, and has a lot more opportunities for businesses to contribute to NIL

This guy’s available

635547047292960143-SMG-20141220-jla-bc2-24-2-.jpg

I think it's either Musselman or the Indiana St. coach. Deener already said after talking to folks around the program, they've looked at Beard and will pass on him because if another domestic incident pops up, that'll be (another) black eye for Louisville. Any coach with a large buyout like Oats is out too. Funds are stretched. Cronin would likely crawl to Louisville but he's like Mack with a worse personality. Drew is either a lifer at Baylor or he's waiting for UK, KU, UNC, or Duke to open up. I don't think we ever see Wright or Donovan coaching in college ever again.

It's funny because Louisville fans want to be the center of attention during late March with their new coach. They want a homerun splash that makes the cbb world look in their direction, much like what happened when Cal accepted the job here. They're just not going to get the names they want so badly.

No. Beard goes to UL with his hunger for dominance and we got a problem. I want him at UK, personally.

You don’t wish a guy like Beard at a rival even if you don’t like him. That’s for sure. It’s like saying you hope to get a good challenge and wish for your wife to meet her new night shift colleague, Tom Brady.
I wonder if Brady bites too.

Wright would be the best coach in the ACC. It's in a city with a large basketball market, NBA type arena, and lots of NIL potential (more than Kentucky)

If Wright wants to coach again, UofL makes a lot of sense.
Wright doesn’t want to coach in this NIL landscape. But your other points are well made.

🤣😭

I watched the entire thing. It gets funnier every second, I just couldn’t quit watching man.

They’ll never get a guy who believes in the fight like Kenny.
I've fought not watching this again but i just lost the fight. this shit is beyond funny i cannot stop watching ! lol. but I can't fight this feeling anymore and I've forgotten what I started fighting for and It's time to bring this ship into the shore And throw away the oars, forever. now fight that song outa yer head!

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I think KP has done a stellar job. 😉 Easily deserves a contract extension.
He doubled their win total from last year so something must be going in the right direction. If he keeps that up he's on pace for 32 wins in 2 years. Right? LOL

Reactions: rick64
Have thought for a while now that they should take a hard look at Darien DeVries,

The man can coach. He's made a Drake program which is historically woeful in that conference very relevant and he wouldn't break the bank for your Louisville to sign.

Might not be the sizzle that they're looking for, but it would be the right move.

As far fit for the UL program, Oats should be their man.
I think he would unite their fanbase and he has the snarky personality to rub UK the wrong way every chance he would get.
To be successful at UL, you have to embrace the rivalry.

I think Louisville is going to have good interest in the job assuming they can pay what they say. They are a high profile job in a major conference and it doesnt take long to rebuild a basketball program if you are good at your job. Given how down the ACC has been the last few years it shouldn't be too difficult to have Lousiville in the top 3 or 4 of the conference failry quickly.

Drew is considered an excellent X’s and O’s Guy in coaching circles , he just doesn’t have the huge personality and Baylor isn’t a high , high profile spot . If a job like Kansas, Texas , UK opened …he’d get a look at those places as well

I think Louisville is going to have good interest in the job assuming they can pay what they say. They are a high profile job in a major conference and it doesnt take long to rebuild a basketball program if you are good at your job. Given how down the ACC has been the last few years it shouldn't be too difficult to have Lousiville in the top 3 or 4 of the conference failry quickly.
An incoming coach would also have to consider what the ACC will look like in 3-5 years. There’s already reports of teams wanting to get out, and I can see it happening sooner than later. UL will not be a school that the SEC or B10 will have interest in, and I think the B12 passed on them the first time. Their future is not clear by any means, and a smart coach would have to consider all that.

Drew is considered an excellent X’s and O’s Guy in coaching circles , he just doesn’t have the huge personality and Baylor isn’t a high , high profile spot . If a job like Kansas, Texas , UK opened …he’d get a look at those places as well
Everyone mentions him to replace cal some day. I’m not sure he has the personality for this job

Eric Crawford mentioned hearing Jamie Dixon's name. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET UT BE HIM. Their fanbases heads will explode 😆
He’s about their speed. Listened to Louisville radio driving back home. Fans were all but vomiting thinking about him as UL’s coach. lol

• Haha
Reactions: WildcatFan60
Damn y'all are no fun. I want Louisville to be good again, it makes the rivalry more fun. I want another home and home big game on the schedule.

I wish Beard would go there. He'd make them good and he's incredibly easy to hate due to his past. It would make the rivalry more fun and turn the hate up to 11.
Why would you want Louisville to be good again? Do you think any of their fans would say that about us? HELL NO . I hope they suck until the end of time!!

Am I the only one that thinks Musselman is a good coach and don’t want to see UL get him??? I think he turns that program around rather quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT