ADVERTISEMENT

Who can we realistically replace Cal with

Get oats, and then bring Sears, and a lot that squad to Lexington and get some other portal guys and let’s roll

To me there is only 1 choice. Oats that’s it, he is the clear cut guy
I don't think Oats is the guy either, but I'm not sure who is. All the homerun names all have glaring reasons that make them extremely unlikely. I wouldn't hate it but my excitement wouldn't be exceptionally high.

Reactions: Zissou87
Rondo just officially retired from the NBA, put him with Ulis and let Boogie work with the bigs. Everybody’s happy.
So, Rondo and Boogie, the two players in the last 25 years that no one gets along with and have never coached a game in their life. Nice call.

Reactions: Zissou87
I don't think Oats is the guy either, but I'm not sure who is. All the homerun names all have glaring reasons that make them extremely unlikely. I wouldn't hate it but my excitement wouldn't be exceptionally high.
What about oats scares you off? To me the final 4 solidified him as the clear cut guy

I think it’s time we have an honest conversation with ourselves.

Coach K and Roy Williams both ran because of NIL. Cal lost his touch and I’m going to say it’s because of NIL. Everyone can pay for players now and that uniform doesn’t mean what it used to.

I think we need to look at a younger coach who’s an over achiever. I personally feel if Cal leaves now, he screwed us from getting someone like Dusty May. That is the type of coach I think we need to after.

What about oats scares you off? To me the final 4 solidified him as the clear cut guy
I don't care for his personality, the way he handled the shooting incident, and when his strategy works he can really beat teams but when it doesn't his adjustments seem to be pretty bad. I mean we put up 118 on em and then lost to I don't even remember their name. I was screaming last night for them to stop driving at Clingan and shoot more threes while they just repeatedly wasted possessions all while Uconn was struggling.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I don't care for his personality, the way he handled the shooting incident, and when his strategy works he can really beat teams but when it doesn't his adjustments seem to be pretty bad. I mean we put up 118 on em and then lost to I don't even remember their name. I was screaming last night for them to stop driving at Clingan and shoot more threes while they just repeatedly wasted possessions all while Uconn was struggling.
But, they played UConn tougher than anyone else in this tourney. Had the game tied with 12 minutes to go. I get it didn't work out but they gave a heck of an effort. UConn is just a juggernaut this year.

Very fair, the way he handled that was embarrassing. To me oats is the next best coach and will only get better

But, they played UConn tougher than anyone else in this tourney. Had the game tied with 12 minutes to go. I get it didn't work out but they gave a heck of an effort. UConn is just a juggernaut this year.
Wouldn't be an awful hire based on what I see as realistic targets, just not confident he can get us a chip.

Don’t forget how excited everyone was when tubby left. We ended up with Clyde.

If you don’t think this could go straight to shit then you’re kidding yourself. Yes it can indeed be worse than cal.
Yes, of course, but we NEED a change. We need to be reinvigorated again with some optimism. Hard to see that ever coming back with Cal. His time here has seemingly run its course. Need new blood.

Reactions: delk4three
First you make Jay Wright say no.
Second, you make Brad Stevens say no.
Third, you make Hurley say no.
Fourth, you make Scott Drew say no.
After that then you consider Oats, Beard, or someone else.
If they all say no, then I don't know what to say.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
In your scenario only Beard would listen. We need someone like Dusty May.

If you don’t think this could go straight to shit then you’re kidding yourself. Yes it can indeed be worse than cal.
That’s what I’m afraid of too. I don’t think UK will get any of Oats, Wright, Hurley, or Donovan.
I think the best we can realistically hope for is Pearl and that is a big crap shoot

That’s what I’m afraid of too. I don’t think UK will get any of Oats, Wright, Hurley, or Donovan.
I think the best we can realistically hope for is Pearl and that is a big crap shoot
Yeah nobody would want to coach at Kentucky. Hahahahaha lord you Calipari guys crack me up

Todd Golden with Ulis and Rondo as two of his assistants. Golden coached under Bruce Pearl.

You're living in a fantasy with the first 3.
Wright left bc he didn't want to deal with NIL. He's also friends with calipari.

Stevens is an executive, why the hell would he want go deal with this day to day.

Hurley us about to go back to back. That will be uconns 6 title in 25 years. They're a blueblood, and he has zero connection here. It's not like Roy Williams going from Kansas to unc bc he was an alum.

Scott Drew's last 10 years have been garbage outside of a covid title

The other 2 are legitimate

Reactions: JFCats22
Todd Golden with Ulis and Rondo as two of his assistants. Golden coached under Bruce Pearl.
In the unlikely event that Oats was to turn us down, Golden is an option that I could get behind.

Cal actually has a worse record than Billy G the last 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT