ADVERTISEMENT

I asked the other day, and now that Drew has said no

Feb 10, 2024
Who can we realistically get as a coach? I don’t think we’re getting a sitting P5 coach like Oats, Pearl, or even Donovan.

Are we going to have to drop to a tier 3 coach?

Donovan
This leaves a door open, imo. He couches his words with “committed to the Bulls this season” language.

Cannot believe the media they already had said Drew had been hired and was going to be a press conference at 2 today wow what fake news.

Reactions: c1doc
I don't think Hurley is out of play until we see something definitive. Donovan would be the next best choice.

After that, we have to look at buying out Oats.*

After that, I think it's Pearl. If we have to go past him, we're getting into BCG levels of unproven. Golden, Shaka (who I was high on a while ago but yeah, he's okay-ish), Painter (ehhhhh-----), Otzelberger, and pretty much anyone's guess.

*Not sure if Oats is in play b/c of the murder. Beard and Sampson are rough too. But, if we consider Pearl, anything is possible.

I feel they could get Oats if they pay the buyout
I feel we’re going to be in the same situation. He’s happy where he’s at and they can pay as much as we can.

I think we need to lower our sites on who we’re thinking. Money doesn’t seem to be the motivator it was. If Cal had done this as soon as the tournament was over, we would’ve ended up with Dusty May. That’s the kind of hire we will end up making.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT