• 1st round game

• 2nd round game

• 3rd round game

• 4th round game

• 5th round game

• 6th round game

Results are only viewable after voting.
refs will beat us every time and cause morons to call for Cal's job

Maybe Cal is the reason that causes refs to beat us ???

I don’t think the refs are biased against UK, the color blue, or a wildcat mascot. Roster turns over every year so it’s not player specific either.

Leaves pretty much one thing.

And if that’s the case, which I do think there’s some truth to this…what do you do with that? Just live with getting screwed over year in and year out by the stripes because of loyalty to Cal?

I want like every year to go all in but I just don't have it anymore. 2nd or 3rd rd at best.

I feel like Cal needed an E8 at worse, especially with this takent, but I would be surprised at this point. I hope I'm wrong so bad.

If we could make a FF I would feel good about this year. I mean all this talent and players I love and will probably never see in a UK uniform again anything less than an E8 would sting badly. A FF would bring some relief. It's been too bad for too long for a SS with this team.

Please just get to the 2nd weekend for the love of God.

A second rd. loss or worse and this is beyond over.

Well, both TTech and NC State are decently ranked in KenPom. TTech is 24th with a 23rd ranked offense and 45th ranked defense. Their SOS is 31, but their non-con SOS sucked at 263rd.

NC State is 58th with the 47th offense and 89th defense. SOS was 58th and non-con SOS a paltry 315th.

If we were to look on paper, it'd be safe to say NC State's little run ends with Texas Tech. And given Tech knows how to put up some numbers and play defense, the odds are probably 50/50 that they end UK's run.

So I'll say this - if we are to lose in the first weekend, it will be to Texas Tech (50/50 chance depending on matchups and if we show up). If we make it through TTech, I think we'll face Florida and win that one for a chance at Houston (no guarantee they get through A&M, Duke or possibly a huge cinderella in James Madison).

The first risk is Texas Tech.

The next one is a rematch with UF or face-off with #2 Marquette (my pick is a Florida rematch).

Then one of Houston, Puke, A&M or JMU for a chance at the FF.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
Yogi Bear once said, and I used this for many years to teach my players about the game; "more games are lost than won".
I would teach my players the quicker they understand what he meant my this, they will buy into what I am teaching.
If UK comes to play like they did against Tennessee, they only team that can beat them is UK.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
Based on our bracket, I think we run into problems in the Elite Eight against Houston (assuming they get through and aren't Duke'd in the Sweet 16).

This team could easily go out in any round, though, but Marquette just doesn't scare me like having to play any of the other #2 seeds.

I'm guessing the NC ST/TTU winner, these are exactly the type of teams Calipari is accustomed to losing to.

Reactions: catzcan
Oakland or TT, probably Oakland
lf it weren't for St Peter's and the huge change in field parity, no one would believe we would literally have a chance to lose against a 14 seed (one of the worst in the field, by the way). In fact, most people, even the most negative, don't truly believe this team loses to Oakland, with or without Cal's crap decisions.

Our worry needs to be game 2 on Saturday against most likely TTech. They are identical to the teams that have knocked us out in the past - the K-States of our history.

Then next will be either Florida or Marquette, followed by who knows - Duke, Houston, Wisconsin, James Madison?

For now I'm going to enjoy what I hope is a double digit win on Thursday night and then start getting myself into knots about TTech or NC State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT