ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s guess what SEED the NCAA gives us.

KY seed

Votes: 22 15.7%

Votes: 88 62.9%

Votes: 30 21.4%

• Total voters
We aren’t making it out of the 1st weekend we play NO DEFENSE!
You're right.

We're going to lose before the Sweet Sixteen.

Then we'll get to wait for those two long months where we find out Onyenso transfers; Wagner/Edwards/Sheppard/Dillingham/Big Z declare for the draft; and then watch Cal gloat all summer about Bradshaw coming back and what it means to the team.

It's going to be difficult to stomach watching Sheppard leave after we get bounced, knowing that Cal squandered one of the best 1-2-3 punches in UK history (Dilly, Shepp, Reeves), and that two of them came off the bench.

He's a complete clown.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Watermelon seed. What your Mom and Dad always told you not to swallow. They were worried you might get nausea.
Kind of like the nausea most every game this season has brought to me.

That’s been a rare movie that’s only happened twice in forever. Last amazing bracket opening was when we ran into Kansas St and flopped. Last year would have been another, but we got Peacocked.
It happened 3 of our last 4 tournaments where if we won, the bracket was wide open. Here was the path of seeds to the Final Four for UK in 2023, 2022 and 2018:

2023 - 11, 3, 7, 9
2022 - 15, 7, 3, 8
2018 - 12, 13, 9, 11

Man I hope you are right! Look at the 12 seed projections, JMad, Mcneese st, Charleston, VCU could all take us out. I think these teams are gonna be moving on the the next round. Hopefully not at our expense.
Need that 4 seed.
Per Lutardi, here are the current 12 and 13 seeds with their current NET ranking in parenthesis

12 McNeese (56), South Florida (73), Grand Canyon (51) (wouldn't it be funny if we hired their women's coach while losing to GC?), Princeton (48)

13 Vermont (102) (who he has us playing in round 1), VCU (71) , Samford (75), Charleston (97)

Notice the oddities in the NET rankings and Lutardi's seeding. Vermont and Charleston are way down in NET as compared to VCU and Samford. Then South Florida stands out as an oddball at 73 for a 12 seed. Seems like Vermont and Charleston should be down to 14 or 15 seed and South Florida shifted to the 13. I know NET is end-all/be-all, but at least have them somewhat close.

The key here is what does each of these teams' off and def look like? Here are their rankings from KenPom. Given we know the committee likes to pit either storylines or competitive teams against each other in the first round, and the entire world knows we are in this to out shoot other teams, not defend, I bolded the ones that I think the committee would set as our 12 or 13 seed opponent (I think they will put the highest offensive ranked 12 or 13-seed against us, which looks like Princeton).

McNeese
AdjO: 49
AdjD: 87

South Florida:
AdjO: 104
AdjD: 61

Grand Canyon:
AdjO: 62
AdjD: 57

Princeton:
AdjO: 27
AdjD: 133

Vermont:
AdjO: 157
AdjD: 65

VCU:
AdjO: 103
AdjD: 56

Samford:
AdjO: 68
AdjD: 116

Charleston:
AdjO: 59
AdjD: 175

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Took a bit of scrolling to get to the rational posts.

Lunardi still has us as a 3-seed, which probably changes as other teams win games today and bump us down to a 4-seed.

But Duke and Kansas lost to similar teams (or in Duke's case, a worse team). The fact is, the unbiased eye sees the loss to TAM as not a huge deal. An upset, a disappointment, sure. But when our very last game before this was one of the biggest wins any team had in the last month.. it's hard to erase that. We aren't just going to drop two whole seed lines for a Quad 1 loss...

We won't be a 5-seed.. or at least, we shouldn't be.

Laugh now @cornbreadnmilk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT