ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s guess what SEED the NCAA gives us.

KY seed

Votes: 22 15.7%

Votes: 88 62.9%

Votes: 30 21.4%

• Total voters
I still think we're getting a 4. But my confidence in us making the Sweet 16 like I've been predicting all year has dropped. We might not make it there.

Reactions: ORCAT
Nightmare is 4 or 5 with UConn or Houston as the 1. Smart coaches, aggressive guards. They'd abuse us if we even get that far. Huge if.

Reactions: westerncat
Everyone lost pretty much.

I'll say still on the 3 vs 4 line. Needed Illinois to lose last night.

Idk if Auburn beating a 9 and 6 or 7 seed helps them much to move up to take a 3.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Everyone lost pretty much.

I'll say still on the 3 vs 4 line. Needed Illinois to lose last night.

Idk if Auburn beating a 9 and 6 or 7 seed helps them much to move up to take a 3.

Took a bit of scrolling to get to the rational posts.

Lunardi still has us as a 3-seed, which probably changes as other teams win games today and bump us down to a 4-seed.

But Duke and Kansas lost to similar teams (or in Duke's case, a worse team). The fact is, the unbiased eye sees the loss to TAM as not a huge deal. An upset, a disappointment, sure. But when our very last game before this was one of the biggest wins any team had in the last month.. it's hard to erase that. We aren't just going to drop two whole seed lines for a Quad 1 loss...

We won't be a 5-seed.. or at least, we shouldn't be.

Illinois and Auburn can still move up. That would move Kentucky down to at least a four. It just seems sometimes the committee gives UK a lower seed than they should. So a four is deserved but a five might be what we get.

Kentucky is locked in as a 4 seed unless Illinois or Auburn lose today
Spot on. Auburn is even more important as MSU would move into the top 30 in NET giving us another Q1 win.

I expect us to be a 4 seed. Our resume just isn’t good. I’ve thought just looking at the NET rankings and quadrant records people always put the cart before the horse on our seeding chances.

If you’re a believer in storylines being set up by the NCAA prepare for us as the 4 and BYU as our 5.

Spot on. Auburn is even more important as MSU would move into the top 30 in NET giving us another Q1 win.

I expect us to be a 4 seed. Our resume just isn’t good. I’ve thought just looking at the NET rankings and quadrant records people always put the cart before the horse on our seeding chances.

If you’re a believer in storylines being set up by the NCAA prepare for us as the 4 and BYU as our 5.
Duke & Auburn shouldn’t be above UK though, but it honestly doesn’t matter anymore, last night destroyed any confidence I had in this team.

A 4, and I think we will get a decent bracket. The reason I say this is that we are still offensively dangerous and the committee will likely try to protect the top 1 seeds. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they put us in the Purdue region, who I think is the best matchup / worst 1 seed when pitted against our team.

And I don’t think we will be in the same bracket as Duke (that’s rare anyway).

The committee will then set us up against the most potent offense 13-seed they can find, simply to set up an exciting first game and put us at risk for another embarrassing exit. Cal has gone all in on out shooting the opponent, and the committee knows this and will make that first and second round very interesting.

Another possibility is the 13-seed selected will be a defensive juggernaut. But this to me is less likely because we’ve had pretty decent success this year against some damned good defensive teams. Thus my prediction is our 13 will be top 25 in offensive output/efficiency.

I guessed 5. With the somewhat weak schedule, bad losses, and just not being a good defensive team I think the Cats have earned a 5 seed. Im not as down on the Texas A&M losses as some are because I think they've grossly underachieved this season. There NET jumped 4 spots after beating UK which moved them to 42. If they keep winning I could see them at 38 or 39 which with their resume puts them around a 10 seed if they win the SECT.

A 4, and I think we will get a decent bracket. The reason I say this is that we are still offensively dangerous and the committee will likely try to protect the top 1 seeds. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they put us in the Purdue region, who I think is the best matchup / worst 1 seed when pitted against our team.

And I don’t think we will be in the same bracket as Duke (that’s rare anyway).

The committee will then set us up against the most potent offense 13-seed they can find, simply to set up an exciting first game and put us at risk for another embarrassing exit. Cal has gone all in on out shooting the opponent, and the committee knows this and will make that first and second round very interesting.

Another possibility is the 13-seed selected will be a defensive juggernaut. But this to me is less likely because we’ve had pretty decent success this year against some damned good defensive teams. Thus my prediction is our 13 will be top 25 in offensive output/efficiency.
Mcneese st or samford is who Kentucky is getting

I’ve seen this movie before.

We will get a crappy seed in an incredibly hard bracket, and then all the top seeds will blow it to lay out a red carpet for us to the final four, and Cal will Sh$t the bed in the 2nd round.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Anyone who says a 5 is an idiot. We were a 3 yesterday and now probably the top 4 seed.

Awful loss that means we will meet UConn, Purdue or Houston in the Sweet 16
Sweet 16? Lmao, we'll be lucky not to pack our bags after meeting Podunk U in the first round

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
I’ve seen this movie before.

We will get a crappy seed in an incredibly hard bracket, and then all the top seeds will blow it to lay out a red carpet for us to the final four, and Cal will Sh$t the bed in the 2nd round.
That’s been a rare movie that’s only happened twice in forever. Last amazing bracket opening was when we ran into Kansas St and flopped. Last year would have been another, but we got Peacocked.

We have now left it up to the committee, who won’t do us any favors- and they shouldn’t now. 4 or 5 with a tough mid major then probably a better version of Tex Am in the 2nd.

That’s been a rare movie that’s only happened twice in forever. Last amazing bracket opening was when we ran into Kansas St and flopped. Last year would have been another, but we got Peacocked.
You neglected the time we got Pearled by the sweathog to gift Auburn a final four. And Kansas State got us twice in recent years. It happens more often than it doesn’t.

You neglected the time we got Pearled by the sweathog to gift Auburn a final four. And Kansas State got us twice in recent years. It happens more often than it doesn’t.
Neglect means I knew about it and purposely didn’t mention it to support an agenda. I simply forgot as I’m not sitting at a computer researching.

We rarely have gotten an easy path. The general theme for years is that we always get the shaft. Only a few times more recently has that changed, but even then Cal can’t find a way through.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Anyone who says a 5 is an idiot. We were a 3 yesterday and now probably the top 4 seed.

Awful loss that means we will meet UConn, Purdue or Houston in the Sweet 16
Man I hope you are right! Look at the 12 seed projections, JMad, Mcneese st, Charleston, VCU could all take us out. I think these teams are gonna be moving on the the next round. Hopefully not at our expense.
Need that 4 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT