ADVERTISEMENT

So, what happens next year when Cow goes 17-15 and misses the tourney?

Speak for yourself not wanting DJ and Edwards back. I would gladly take them back! We can’t sit here and complain about one and done and then push guys who are on a normal development trajectory out the door because they didn’t live up to hype in year one. Some of you all need to take a step back from the ledge. Yes, the last 5 years have been frustrating, I get that, but please don’t be assholes and tell good kids they are not wanted here because they didn’t live up to your standards as freshmen. That’s silly. My biggest complaint with Cal’s system is we have no continuity! We start over from scratch EVERY YEAR! And I’m sick of it. So, please, whoever wants to come back, do it! I know they didn’t have the year we thought they might, but who’s to say that with an offseason of strength training and practice they can’t get any better? Anybody remember Edwards in the Alabama game this year? You wouldn’t want to see if he can develop into that more consistently? Just imagine if our crybaby fans pushed Nick Richards out the door after his freshman year… we wouldn’t have gotten to see him develop into 2020 Nick Richards! Not sure about you all but I felt like a proud parent watching and rooting for him that year. Some of you all need to take a chill pill. Much like my real family, I love my Big Blue Family, but damn, some of you embarrass me.

I am very surprised Coach Cal is coming back. He has to know that next years class isn’t elite. The ONLY way I see next year being successful enough to quiet the fanbase (Final Four type run) is for him to kill it in the portal. The freshman class alone isn’t cutting it.

Speak for yourself not wanting DJ and Edwards back. I would gladly take them back! We can’t sit here and complain about one and done and then push guys who are on a normal development trajectory out the door because they didn’t live up to hype in year one. Some of you all need to take a step back from the ledge. Yes, the last 5 years have been frustrating, I get that, but please don’t be assholes and tell good kids they are not wanted here because they didn’t live up to your standards as freshmen. That’s silly. My biggest complaint with Cal’s system is we have no continuity! We start over from scratch EVERY YEAR! And I’m sick of it. So, please, whoever wants to come back, do it! I know they didn’t have the year we thought they might, but who’s to say that with an offseason of strength training and practice they can’t get any better? Anybody remember Edwards in the Alabama game this year? You wouldn’t want to see if he can develop into that more consistently? Just imagine if our crybaby fans pushed Nick Richards out the door after his freshman year… we wouldn’t have gotten to see him develop into 2020 Nick Richards! Not sure about you all but I felt like a proud parent watching and rooting for him that year. Some of you all need to take a chill pill. Much like my real family, I love my Big Blue Family, but damn, some of you embarrass me.
I have nothing against DJ but the problem is Cal will start him no matter what even if he doesn't deserve it because of his relationship with his dad.

Reactions: CROCAT and sdryan2
I have nothing against DJ but the problem is Cal will start him no matter what even if he doesn't deserve it because of his relationship with his dad.

Who knows? I’m sure Boogie Fland has a dad/mom/handler whom Cal made a “promise”. Used Car Salesman needs to get his act together and start coaching like he cares!

Reactions: CROCAT
17 - 15 or worse and the decision is inevitable. We would have suffered through another sucky season, but could finally begin the rebuild.

On the other hand, if we go 25 - 5 and make a run to the Elite Eight or so, there is no way Barney fires him at that point, and Cal gets a fair number of fans back on his bandwagon.

Our biggest fear should be 22-9 and win a game (or at most two) in each of the tourneys. In other words, continued mediocrity.

Not nearly good enough to meet our standards and expectations, but not quite so horrible that Barney and Co are FORCED to cut ties, which is what I think it is going to take.

Yeah, had those similar thoughts. We'll go on a magical 2 game run in the ncaa tourney and just enough to where barnhart says ehhhh, let's give it one more year.

Cal will have received $3MM more by lasting another year. Not too shabby for a lazy POS with private jets, expense accounts, country clubs, with zero accountability.
Maybe he can take one of his private jets and go learn how to teach zone defense and press, since he said he did not know how to teach either one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT