ADVERTISEMENT

Whitney

Well except Whitney is 2x the shooter of Diallo. Diallo and Whitney are both elite athletes sure but whitney will average 16 pts next season. Maxey will be closer to 20 but make no mistake that will be the best duo in the land or close to it. Whitney is predicted to be a top 5 draft pick if not higher. He is the Paul George mold SF the NBA loves now.
Sorry cane but Whitney won't come close to 16 points per game or be a top 5 draft pick. I love the kid and he will get better and better but his game is a little raw right now.

Well except Whitney is 2x the shooter of Diallo. Diallo and Whitney are both elite athletes sure but whitney will average 16 pts next season. Maxey will be closer to 20 but make no mistake that will be the best duo in the land or close to it. Whitney is predicted to be a top 5 draft pick if not higher. He is the Paul George mold SF the NBA loves now.

I like your outlook. There are lots of NBA people around McD practices who talked about him having a 'raw' offensive game and needs to work on his shot and handles.

Nothing would make me happier than for you to be correct. I admit 100% to never seeing him in person and basing my thoughts around what scouts have said about him.

I also remember hearing how Briscoe won some 3pt shooting contests and how he was a shot-making pg ; -)

I think Whitney will be a good player. I'll be a very happy man if you're assessment is correct.

Reactions: LNAllison
lol at some of these posts.

whitney looked incredibly raw in the mcdonalds game.
very poor handle.
limited ability with the ball.
doesn't look like a natural scorer at this stage of development.
long and lean, should be a good wing defender but who knows.
shot looks ok

lol at 16 pts a game. this team will need another scorer to go with maxey. herro coming back is the key.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
lol at some of these posts.

whitney looked incredibly raw in the mcdonalds game.
very poor handle.
limited ability with the ball.
doesn't look like a natural scorer at this stage of development.
long and lean, should be a good wing defender but who knows.
shot looks ok

lol at 16 pts a game. this team will need another scorer to go with maxey. herro coming back is the key.
Taking anything from that game is what's laughable. I've watched probably 5 games of his or more. He handles the ball just fine for his size. He can score at all three levels as well. People are selling him short are foolish, especially based a glorified pick-up game.

Reactions: kl40504
there is zero chance whitney averages 16 points next season.

pj washington didnt average 16 points per game
kevin knox didnt average 16 points per game
karl anthony towns didnt average 16 points per game
julius randle didnt average 16 points per game
anthony freakin davis didnt average 16 points per game

the only times we have had players average over 16 ppg was on guard dominated teams where we didnt have dominant front courts.

i understand being a homer, but come on man.
That’s just his thing. To make ridiculous homer statements. Maxey MIGHT average 16 but that’s it. He will probably be the leading scorer. Whitney will probably be around 10-14ppg.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Maxey is going to be the man for us next year imo. We need 2 more guys that can create their own offense. I think EJ will be one of them.

If we get another then Whitney will be able to just be an athlete/motor guy on the wing that finishes plays a/la Diallo when Diallo was at his best.

Part of the issue with Diallo was we needed him to do more than what he was capable of and he kind of got exposed because of it. As long as Whitney isn’t in that same position him and Uk will work out really well for each other imo.
whitney can really slash. hami kind of lacked that for offensive maneuvers. whitnry has put on some muscle though. kind of reminds a bit of mkg.

there it is, good grief

Reactions: STL_Cat
I honesty think Brooks will be a better player than Whitney next year and start at the SF spot. Whitney has all the tools to be a great player but is very raw offensively right now. Give me players that can shoot and score over the Uber athletes that can't shoot.

Give me:

C - Sestina
F - Whitney
G - Herro
G - Maxey
G - Hagans

Shot blocking be damned.
You’re over valuing Sestina and under valuing Montgomery. If one unexpected guy should leave I hope it’s hagans. He negates any shooters on the floor bc he is a limited threat I’d rather develop quickley at the 1 and have
Quick
Maxey
Herro
Sestina
Montgomery

You don’t only need a rim protector but you have to be able to rebound too and this is based on the Sestina hype. Who knows if he can keep pace at an elite level but I have him out there bc of his experience

I honesty think Brooks will be a better player than Whitney next year and start at the SF spot. Whitney has all the tools to be a great player but is very raw offensively right now. Give me players that can shoot and score over the Uber athletes that can't shoot.

You would think that to attain a 5 star ranking you would at least be fundamentally sound. Shooting, defending and ball handling over jumping, potential and physical stature. Why does Cal recruit any player that can't shoot the basketball, has to be begged to play hard or be taught how to be physical? Would rather have fundamental sound 3 and 4 star players and a couple of 5 stars sprinkled in. And for the 9 or 10 through 13 spots the three best Kentucky players that just want to be here.

You would think that to attain a 5 star ranking you would at least be fundamentally sound. Shooting, defending and ball handling over jumping, potential and physical stature. Why does Cal recruit any player that can't shoot the basketball, has to be begged to play hard or be taught how to be physical? Would rather have fundamental sound 3 and 4 star players and a couple of 5 stars sprinkled in. And for the 9 or 10 through 13 spots the three best Kentucky players that just want to be here.

Whitney is a decent shooter shooting around 35% from 3 point range and has good ability to score. He has a alpha mentality and a superior athlete. I just feel Brooks has the ability to be a high volume scorer once he gets stronger and used to the college game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT