ADVERTISEMENT

JT Toppin in the Portal (New Mexico PF)- SIAP

There will be 20 teams contacting Toppin. Don't see how he would last very long. At least hope we go all in because he looks like a difference maker.
My "I've never coached a game of basketball in my life" assessment is that Amari Williams is our best pick up so far. Koby Brea and JT Toppin paired with Williams would make UK a top-15 team next year. Osobor would probably get us up there in the conversation as well, but right now, Osobor would be the consolation prize to Toppin, in my mind. If we get Great, great! I'd rather have Toppin.

Lol..yeah Toppin had plenty of games he didn't show up. Seemed mentally weak

Great athlete though. Another Alex Poythress for me
He didn't have a coach developing him and using him properly. I always welcome back any UK player that wants to play here unlike the people who just dismiss them because they didn't play up to potential or expectations. It's not always the player's fault.

I would really like to have him.

9 rpg as a Freshman is really good.

34% from 3 as a Freshman big man is really good.

I’d take him now to round out our frontcourt.

Seniors Carr and Williams, backed up with Sophomores Toppin and Garrison. Around 20 minutes for each. That’s a first class frontcourt.
Those four would comprise the best frontcourt in the nation.

Reactions: susan2361
He didn't have a coach developing him and using him properly. I always welcome back any UK player that wants to play here unlike the people who just dismiss them because they didn't play up to potential or expectations. It's not always the player's fault.
Whose fault is your horrible posts .

Reactions: know1
My "I've never coached a game of basketball in my life" assessment is that Amari Williams is our best pick up so far. Koby Brea and JT Toppin paired with Williams would make UK a top-15 team next year. Osobor would probably get us up there in the conversation as well, but right now, Osobor would be the consolation prize to Toppin, in my mind. If we get Great, great! I'd rather have Toppin.
the more I watch him and Great yes sir he's got it

Averages 12 and 9 a game. I know he's at New Mexico, but that's almost a double double. If we miss out on Great, I'd take him in a heartbeat. 35 percent from 3 at 6 foot 9 isn't bad either. Perfect stretch 4.

He plays the same position as Osobor. Do you tell Osobor we need an answer now because we can't wait 10 days on Toppin. Or do they just try and get Toppin and let the chips fall? Toppin would be harder to get with Osobor a possibility. How do the coaches handle this situation in the best way?
The staff has already invested the time in Osobor, so they have to take him if he wants to come here.

And we don’t even know if Toppin is interested in UK.

Right now it’s Osobor as priority number one to complete the frontcourt. If he goes elsewhere, then you look at Toppin, if he is interested.

The staff has already invested the time in Osobor, so they have to take him if he wants to come here.

And we don’t even know if Toppin is interested in UK.

Right now it’s Osobor as priority number one to complete the frontcourt. If he goes elsewhere, then you look at Toppin, if he is interested.
If Toppin is interested then you use his interest to spur a decision from Osobor one way or the other.

Reactions: lazycat75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT