ADVERTISEMENT

Which incoming Freshmen will Cal start no matter what?

What happens when Cal starts 4 freshman all season or ever again?

Depends on who and what he promised them.

Start with the highest ranked, then see if any of them are repped by Klutch and you will find your answer.

Whoever is the top ranked prospect.

All three are 5-star McDonald’s AA’s. Those almost always start for Cal.

we will hear Cal whining about how young we are

The long term solution is you can’t keep bringing in five or six freshmen every year

whichever ones that are not better than the portal transfers he brings in

It will be whatever His Highness decides is best for helping a player get to the NBA as soon as possible. Wash/Rinse/Repeat...
Sisk did a deep dive…… From the Sweet 16 starters (that’s 80) only three were freshman.

So yeah, Cal, keep doing what you're doing. Highest ranked freshmen play, no matter if they have won the job or not.

Last edited:
And lost our first 2 postseason games while not playing our best lineup together nearly enough, but trotting out our garbage starting lineup to start every game and half
We were winning against Oakland when our starting lineup went out. It's not like Reed or Rob played any better.

We ended the regular season ranked 9th.
featured-img-of-post-189850.png

I’m kind of expecting Cal to add a transfer portal guard and big man and call it good.

G Fland
G Transfer Guard
F Knox
F Quaintance
F Transfer Big

Perry, Hart, Richmond, Burks, and Cyril as reserves.

My very fleeting hope is that Fland and Perry play quite a bit but, behind DJ and Wagner. Quantaince will start unless we get 1 or 2 bigs back.
DJ and Wagner, aren't they the same person 😂😂😂 All you can do at this point is laugh and hope

It’s an unfortunate reality to the point you just have to hope that the Freshmen live up to hype and have college ready bodies so Cals predetermined lineup works and he doesn’t have to make decisions.

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
We were winning against Oakland when our starting lineup went out. It's not like Reed or Rob played any better.
What was the score with the 3 R's in the game vs when they didn't play together? If foul trouble or something happens to prevent them from playing the most minutes that is one thing, intentionally not playing them together the most minutes on the other hand is just plain stupid.

Reactions: catben
Whichever ones the fanbase complain about starting. Thats who he’ll sink the ship with.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
What was the score with the 3 R's in the game vs when they didn't play together? If foul trouble or something happens to prevent them from playing the most minutes that is one thing, intentionally not playing them together the most minutes on the other hand is just plain stupid.
Still not winning. Reed was too busy making passes out of bounds and letting the Gohlke kid make 3 after 3. Rob was just jacking shots. Collectively they were 3-14 shooting. Reeves played well offensively, but then they collectively played some of the worst D ever.
So just start the walk ons and let them play the first 8 mins of the game. Then play the best players the other 32 mins and it shouldn’t matter?
We started walk ons on SR day and won. So, yea, it can be done. I probably wouldn't play them 40% of a half though.

We were 22-6 with our starting backcourt. We were 1-4 when others started. Sure looks like the starters weren't the big issue.

Still not winning. Reed was too busy making passes out of bounds and letting the Gohlke kid make 3 after 3. Rob was just jacking shots. Collectively they were 3-14 shooting. Reeves played well offensively, but then they collectively played some of the worst D ever.

We started walk ons on SR day and won. So, yea, it can be done. I probably wouldn't play them 40% of a half though.

We were 22-6 with our starting backcourt. We were 1-4 when others started. Sure looks like the starters weren't the big issue.
Our 22-6 record wasn’t because of the starting 5 other than Reeves. Look at the plus/minus numbers and let me know who should have started?

Without question, Quaintance, Cal is going to have to perform a lot of roster maintenance and essentially, exercise patience.

Our 22-6 record wasn’t because of the starting 5 other than Reeves. Look at the plus/minus numbers and let me know who should have started?
The 5 that started the season should have been the starters. We played our best then. I think an argument should have been made for Rob to get a shot at starting due to his explosiveness, but that also could have resulted in him getting quick/early fouls. However, obviously with Mitchell getting hurt we were going to have to adjust the starters a bit.

Reed started 5 times and we lost 4. Aside from UT, they weren't exactly good teams we lost to when he started. So, no. You can't have a player have that kind of record as a starter and keep them as a starter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT