ADVERTISEMENT

Whew! Gonzaga!

Talent wise I compare Gonzaga to one of the better Tubby teams. Lots of skilled upperclassman who will probably end up playing overseas. Problem is other than Suggs not many elite athletes. Not great rim protection and the defense will struggle against elite talent. They could win it all but if a more talented team is on top of their game it’s going to be a struggle stopping them.

Gonzaga, as we all know, is overrated usually because they only play weak teams outside 3-4 games a year. The past 5 years they have taken a step to being a legit program, and this team is very good.

They have some amazing guards and that wins in the tournament. I wouldn’t want to play them early in the year but in March it will be a great game if we meet.

Gonzaga, as we all know, is overrated usually because they only play weak teams outside 3-4 games a year. The past 5 years they have taken a step to being a legit program, and this team is very good.

They have some amazing guards and that wins in the tournament. I wouldn’t want to play them early in the year but in March it will be a great game if we meet.

I'm not sure I buy the overrated stuff. I mean this season they knock off KU by double digits and follow that up with a 23 point win over Auburn.

Last season, they knock off Washington, Oregon, Arizona and North Carolina OOC. They blew the doors off Texas A&M. The only loss being to Michigan.

Year before that they knock off Duke, Arizona, Illinois, Texas A&M, Creighton, and Washington. They did lose to UNC and UT.

With the not so great conference, you base them on what they do OOC mostly IMO and for the most part I feel like their 1 seeds have been justified based on who they beat OOC.

I'm not sure I buy the overrated stuff. I mean this season they knock off KU by double digits and follow that up with a 23 point win over Auburn.

Last season, they knock off Washington, Oregon, Arizona and North Carolina OOC. They blew the doors off Texas A&M. The only loss being to Michigan.

Year before that they knock off Duke, Arizona, Illinois, Texas A&M, Creighton, and Washington. They did lose to UNC and UT.

With the not so great conference, you base them on what they do OOC mostly IMO and for the most part I feel like their 1 seeds have been justified based on who they beat OOC.

Thats why I said outside the past 5 years. They have taken the leap to not be considered weak because of conference play.

Yep, I have to agree. Zags look very good this early. We shall see. And I think Few is a helluva coach as well. Wouldn't wanna play them right now, but come March, I'd like to see that!

Reactions: wildcatwelder
To the Kentucky fans that are clueless about basketball. Gonzaga is going to be a tough out if people are playing basketball in March. Winning one game against Morehead St. has given some folk a false narrative.

Reactions: TheOtherGreatOne
Big. Deep. Experienced. Fast. Shooters. Mature. Physical. HOF caliber coach. Scary good. First game as well.

Shouldn’t have watched. Glad it’s early season as we have a lot of growing to do to play with them.

Kansas got beat but they are a big strong group. They will give us all we want and more.

Glad it’s b-ball season! Love watching the Cats grow into a contender. I would say the Zags are whom we have to catch

i agree. This is their year. The way they handled KU was impressive

Big. Deep. Experienced. Fast. Shooters. Mature. Physical. HOF caliber coach. Scary good. First game as well.

Shouldn’t have watched. Glad it’s early season as we have a lot of growing to do to play with them.

Kansas got beat but they are a big strong group. They will give us all we want and more.

Glad it’s b-ball season! Love watching the Cats grow into a contender. I would say the Zags are whom we have to catch
Zags are the real deal this year. People can try to discredit them for their weak conference, but you'll look silly come March. And if you look at their OOC schedule this year, sheww, it's legit.

1. Few is a HOF coach already, sans a tit;e.

2. They are good, and this could be their year.

3. There are at least 6 teams right now who appear to be the best, UK included.

4. You think anyone ELSE wants to meet Cal and this UK team in March?

5. UK is as young and raw as it gets, BUT, we are a deep team with a lot of options and a ton of upside. Plus, we DO have a HOF coach with a title.

I like my team's odds come tourny time, assuming of course we get that far.

Reactions: katwest
Place Cal at Gonzaga and he would do the same plus. Playing in that conference he’d rack up 87% win percentage. Or better.
That's not true, Cal recruits athletes that are weak at basketball skills. Coach recruits players with basketball skills. Another thing Coach Few will play anyone anywhere if they will play them, Coach Cal will not. Coach Cal is more interested in putting players in the nba than he is interested in making his teams the best they can be.

I think we'll win that game. I expect it to be a much lower scoring game than the Kansas-Gonzaga game, though. Kansas will play better D against UK because they know they'll lose otherwise. Our Cats have already shown they can defend, and they have the length, quickness, and athleticism to give Kansas trouble. I'm guessing a game that ends in the low 80s with UK winning by single digits. I bet the line will be UK -4 or so but I bet UK wins by 7-8 points. It will also depend on how the Cats do against Richmond. We'll know more after that game.
The Cats had better learn how to beat Richmond before they plan on beating Kansas. They shouldn't even be playing Kansas anyway. Kansas shouldn't even be allowed to be playing with all that cheating with 5 major violations. I guess though if the ncaa shut down Kansas, the Kansas people would raise so much hell about duke that the ncaa would have to investigate the blue devils, and we all know that is not going to happen,so they are not going to do anything to Kansas.

UK would beat the Zags like a leased mule.

d6fb412e6a26e34d057b46a6a9e07bfe.jpg

They shouldn't even be playing Kansas anyway. Kansas shouldn't even be allowed to be playing with all that cheating with 5 major violations. I guess though if the ncaa shut down Kansas, the Kansas people would raise so much hell about duke that the ncaa would have to investigate the blue devils, and we all know that is not going to happen,so they are not going to do anything to Kansas.

Lol

Definitely. Bet the zags are really scared watching us today.
The Zags are not scared of anyone. Coach Few will play anyone anywhere. If they are as weak of a program as a lot of you people on here think, then just schedule a game with them. Coach Few would gladly accept. I Bet Coach Cal wouldn't.

To the Kentucky fans that are clueless about basketball. Gonzaga is going to be a tough out if people are playing basketball in March. Winning one game against Morehead St. has given some folk a false narrative.
They beat Morehead, but they can't say the same about Richmond, can they ?

Really not impressed with this Kansas team. I don’t think they’re bad but how many first round draft picks are on that roster??
That is what that is wrong with the Kentucky program at this point. All a lot of you people on here including Coach Cal care about is how many first round draft picks we have. Well let me ask you this, how many first round draft picks does Richmond have ? How many first round draft picks does San Francisco have ? They just beat Virginia. Oh and by the way they play in that awful conference that Gonzaga plays in. If you have players with basketball skills that have basketball intelligence, you can beat a bunch of athletes that can't shoot and play aau basketball no matter how high they can jump or how fast they can run. Another example is the South Carolina game. Liberty made them look stupid on the court, and how many first round draft choices do they have, but the Gamecocks have all kinds of players that can run fast and jump high, and can't shoot a lick. Oh by the way Liberty plays in one of those awful conferences that a bunch of the people on here keep trying to make fun of. The Cats have enough problems of their own, and you should worry about that, instead of trying to make fun of all these other teams.

Reactions: EliteBlue
That is what that is wrong with the Kentucky program at this point. All a lot of you people on here including Coach Cal care about is how many first round draft picks we have. Well let me ask you this, how many first round draft picks does Richmond have ? How many first round draft picks does San Francisco have ? They just beat Virginia. Oh and by the way they play in that awful conference that Gonzaga plays in. If you have players with basketball skills that have basketball intelligence, you can beat a bunch of athletes that can't shoot and play aau basketball no matter how high they can jump or how fast they can run. Another example is the South Carolina game. Liberty made them look stupid on the court, and how many first round draft choices do they have, but the Gamecocks have all kinds of players that can run fast and jump high, and can't shoot a lick. Oh by the way Liberty plays in one of those awful conferences that a bunch of the people on here keep trying to make fun of. The Cats have enough problems of their own, and you should worry about that, instead of trying to make fun of all these other teams.

Dude chill the **** out. Kentucky is going to win tomorrow and the post is going to look stupid as ****. It was one god damn game, the second game of the season. Richmond, Liberty, and San Francisco aren’t contenders for National Championship. Kentucky is still a contender. This is a stupid, emotional, and reactionary post. Sit the **** down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT