ADVERTISEMENT

Whew! Gonzaga!

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
Big. Deep. Experienced. Fast. Shooters. Mature. Physical. HOF caliber coach. Scary good. First game as well.

Shouldn’t have watched. Glad it’s early season as we have a lot of growing to do to play with them.

Kansas got beat but they are a big strong group. They will give us all we want and more.

Glad it’s b-ball season! Love watching the Cats grow into a contender. I would say the Zags are whom we have to catch

Yeah same here I don’t see what’s so special about them, I think we roll them
Kansas is number 6 because they are Kansas, they have no first rounders on that team. Now Gonzaga is a little different this year with Suggs. It’ll be real interesting to see how we play Kansas, but regardless Gonzaga has a ton of experience on UK right now so it’s not really a fair comparison.

I’ve never been a big believer in Gonzaga because I think their record gets inflated from playing in a weak conference. That being said this team looks to be built different than past teams. Suggs may be the best freshman in the country and they have a ton of experience along with an inside/outside game. Not playing against elite teams with elite athletes once they get into conference play may hurt them but I think they are definitely the team to beat.

If I'm the coach of either of those teams, I'm asking this question: where is the defense? Sure, it makes for an entertaining game for the fans, but if you're coaching you're eating a box of antacid tabs.
Predictions for the UK vs KU game?

If Tubby is in there then Few deserves it too. He wins 83% of his games. That's very impressive especially for a school that's not a powerhouse and is considered a mid-major.
Neither are in yet but both probably will be . There are a lot of not so great coaches in the hof . Longevity is the key it seems , win a lot of games , doesn’t matter if you lost a lot too .

There was no defense on the part of either team in the game. Zags can knock down a shot if they are unguarded. Doh.. Frankly for an experienced team, I thought their passing, defense and over all team execution was rather poor.
Really?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Predictions for the UK vs KU game?
I think we'll win that game. I expect it to be a much lower scoring game than the Kansas-Gonzaga game, though. Kansas will play better D against UK because they know they'll lose otherwise. Our Cats have already shown they can defend, and they have the length, quickness, and athleticism to give Kansas trouble. I'm guessing a game that ends in the low 80s with UK winning by single digits. I bet the line will be UK -4 or so but I bet UK wins by 7-8 points. It will also depend on how the Cats do against Richmond. We'll know more after that game.

If Tubby is in there then Few deserves it too. He wins 83% of his games. That's very impressive especially for a school that's not a powerhouse and is considered a mid-major.

But they're playing other mid majors a lot of the time, no? Few has to win something besides pre season polls before I'd put him on the top tier

But they're playing other mid majors a lot of the time, no? Few has to win something besides pre season polls before I'd put him on the top tier
Few has a national runner up, several S16's, and a couple E8's much like Tubby. And yes they play other mid majors a lot but they are a mid major that he's built into a powerhouse. They were good before but he's take them to another level.

Tubby was at the top basketball school in college basketball, ran it into the ground, only had one F4 (albeit a title). On top of that he's been fired or encouraged to leave from his last 4 jobs.

Last edited:
Neither are in yet but both probably will be . There are a lot of not so great coaches in the hof . Longevity is the key it seems , win a lot of games , doesn’t matter if you lost a lot too .
That's my error. I thought Tubby was in the HOF. Maybe it was some recognition from UK I was thinking of?

From what I have seen so far, I hope we are able to avoid Gonzaga, Villanova, Illinois and Virginia. Illinois has blown a couple of cupcakes out badly, but that's not why I listed them. They have all the necessary ingredients and they all fit well together.
The other three teams are incredibly sound at all aspects of the game and they will only get better. To top it off, Nembhard got his waiver to play for Gonzaga this year. They were loaded before that happened.
Haven't seen Baylor yet, but they are probably in this group too.

Getting around to watching the extended highlights/condensed game. Both teams got into the lane at will, not sure if that’s good players or baaaad defense but I’m leaning to defense. That opened up a lot of kick outs and open shots. neither team has a rim protector like Jackson. I don’t think we pinch down with our guards to leave shooters knowing he will erase that. That’s what makes cals teams with that shot blocker that much better on d.

it’s hard to judge one game vs another bc I don’t think when we play Kansas it will be a free flowing offensive game but a slower defensive game.

Tubby has one of these. They're pretty important
tubby.jpeg

Always a possibility given they play in the peewee conference. Must be nice to gear up for a few games and use the rest of your schedule for scrimmage.
Still have to show up and play to win. All those cupcakes want their shot at Goliath. (Evansville)

ADVERTISEMENT