ADVERTISEMENT

Where did you get your recruiting information before the internet

Jan 24, 2017
I use to get mine from my subscription to the Cats Pause and from the radio. There use to be a guy named Paul Willman on the radio in Louisville on Sunday nights and he always had lots of good recruiting news. I remember he was the first to call Ron Mercer to Kentucky. I never missed his show. Where did you get yours or did you follow recruiting before the internet

Wayne from Mooresville who used to call into the Cats' Pause radio show back in the day.

Reactions: CELTICAT
I use to get mine from my subscription to the Cats Pause and from the radio. There use to be a guy named Paul Willman on the radio in Louisville on Sunday nights and he always had lots of good recruiting news. I remember he was the first to call Ron Mercer to Kentucky. I never missed his show. Where did you get yours or did you follow recruiting before the internet

Believe it or not, I still subscribe to the Cats' Pause.

Started with the 1994-95 season.

Thought about cancelling several times, but when they send those renewal notices to me, I always keep it going.

Something nostalgic about it.

And I tend to cling to the past.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Cat's Pause. Never missed an issue back in the day. It had more in depth information about a player than any publication past or present. High school sports were a feature.

I subscribed from the very beginning and UK football and basketball were at the very top when it started.

Reactions: musrat59
Cat's Pause. Never missed an issue back in the day. It had more in depth information about a player than any publication past or present. High school sports were a feature.

I subscribed from the very beginning and UK football and basketball were at the very top when it started.
I still buy the yearly basketball magazine

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
During the offseason, the Sunday edition of the LHL would have a UK basketball notebook. It would have some recruiting info.

Of course, this was 10-15 years ago when I would still read a newspaper.

Kinda sad remembering how thick the newspaper was back then compared to now.

Street and Smith for me too, I guess ESPN help fill in the blanks as well.

Any of you guys remember Larry Donald?

Think he wrote for Basketball Times.

Paul Willman also did a pretty good Adolph Rupp impersonation. That dude use love to talk basketball, the history and recruiting.

Oscar
tenor.gif

When Oscar came out with the Cats Pause, it was like a gift from heaven from out of state wildcat fans.

Cats Pause mag. Loved it!

Don't people trust Calipari? Specifically that he'll generally advance his teams deep into the tournament?

Cal has been here 9 years that are complete. No clue what will happen this year. Almost all of his teams have been OAD or at least partly made up of them.

7 of 9 have at least gone to Sweet 16
6 of 9 have at least gone to Elite 8
4 of 9 Final Four
2 of 9 Title game
1 of 9 Title

Remember Catspause discovered the legend of Matt Pilgrim, not even Oklahoma State fans knew how good he really was and he played two seasons for them..

Reactions: Fox2monk
Street&Smith annual magazine
The CatsPause
And maybe a little on the weekly radio shows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT