ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you get your news?

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
For Kentucky news, I use WKYT, WLEX and Fox56.

For local news, I check the local newspaper's Facebook page and various other local Facebook pages.

For national and international news, I avoid the super-far-left and super-far-right sites like the plague. I mostly use the AP and Reuters, and to a lesser extent the BBC, NPR, and Newsweek.

And a few related to personal interests:

And various Facebook discussion pages. Pretty much all of my comic book-related news comes from Facebook groups.

I get pretty much 100% of my Kentucky Basketball news on this board.

So:

71ezSmQZuXL.jpg

For local, WPBF (ABC) in West Palm Beach, and I subscribe to the St Lucie Tribune and Miami Herald online. I also have a Smart News app which gives you news from various sources like the BBC, Reuters, AP International and others. Sports news, WPBF has great Friday night high school football coverage, and in-depth Fins, Heat and Marlins coverage. I also use the ESPN website, Catpaw, NFL.com, NBA.com and MLB.com. For weather it’s the National Weather Service website and the National Hurricane Center.

AP, Reuters, and NPR for most things. Bloomberg and Wall Street Journal for all of my business news. I get the local newspaper that still comes on a weekly basis cause it's so small and check the Herald-Leader from time to time for anything else local.

Last edited:
National: AP, Reuters, Fox, USA Today, CBS, NBC, Yahoo

International: BBC, Deutsche Welle, Euronews, The Local (Germany), Welt.de

Business: Fox Business, CNBC, Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal (subscriber), Barrons (subscriber), Yahoo Finance.

Sports: Yahoo Sports, ESPN

Local: Fox7 Austin, KEYE Austin (CBS). When back home visiting: WYMT, WATE, WLEX. WHAS, WLKY

For national/international news you cant just pull from one source bc all journalism has turned into either activism, apologia, or some sort of interference for a cause. And Even nonsensical mundane stories must have a political slant or there has to be a manufactured issue. Truth to power doesn't exist anymore...its only truth to power the gatekeepers don't like. I think all journalism should be hostile to all politicians/government entities. We don't see that.

Yet- ppl like being preached to the choir. Ppl don't like being converted or to hear hard realities...so

Anyway...I think wlex is best if I watch local stories, UK sports coverage

Also- don't care about what your political beliefs are...but NPR is HOT garbage

Gateway Pundit, Newsmax, Real Americas Voice. I don't trust ANY lamestream media anymore. Haven't for a very long time.
I sometimes watch some MSNBC shows if there's nothing else on, but it's not news, its opinions, just like the ones you listed. You need to understand that these networks are for entertainment purposes only.

I sometimes watch some MSNBC shows if there's nothing else on, but it's not news, its opinions, just like the ones you listed. You need to understand that these networks are for entertainment purposes only.
So, what is news to you? It's not all for entertainment purposes.

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss
I generally try look at multiple sides and will say I automatically tune out anything that gives opinion and not all the facts (hiding facts is lying)…

Which is now almost all “news” organizations.

I also automatically tune out anything that says liberal or conservative. There are no liberals or conservatives anymore. Just activists who have hijacked terms to divide and profit.

People are to blame for all of this. They are too afraid of facts or dissenting opinions because they may find out they are wrong. Most are too weak for that. So they seek only affirmation which makes them susceptible to con men who say what you want to hear, and then rob ya blind….or dumb…

Watch Idiocracy. Great movie that has become a documentary.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Lester Holt and Michael Berk (mornings on WLEX) tell me what I need to know. If it interests me I'll hop on X and see what all the crazies have to say. Thing is, I only watch news from 6:00 to 6:05 AM and the last three minutes of NBC Nightly News, so everything I care about is weather and feel good stories.

Read the online LHL every day, 100 pages or so, lots of local sports and news, national and international news, big sports section on every baseball, football, basketball and hockey game, plus stats. They pull from a lot of sources, even run national opinion pieces from pretty conservative sources, e.g. The Heritage Foundation. At $40 a month, is a great deal.

Also read the WSJ about every other day for business and international news. Although most of their opinions are pretty right wing, I think they are well written and generally make some fair points that get me to thinking.

Almost never watch TV news, especially FOX, NewsMax, CNN, and MSNBC unless there is a MAJOR breaking story. As previously posted above, they are all just echo chamber entertainment video with very little "news" contained therein.

Reactions: JDHoss
WSJ is pretty solid. As far as bashing media in general and then proudly saying you listen to Real America's Voice...lol

That's just far right nonsense peddling Q and election conspiracies and wants us to believe only Donald can save us. It's hosts include Charlie Kirk (who bought then burned Barbie dolls to take a stance against...dolls), Steve Bannon (who tried to profit from rubes who sent him money to help build that damned wall), and Ted Nugent (who's a fairly talented musician but loves his political stances, which is odd because we're often told by his supporters that celebs should shut up and just entertain us).

• Haha
Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
I record than watch the first half hour of Wolf Blitzer on CNN and then the first half hour of Bret Baier on Fox. That way I got some of each flavor.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
WDRB-WLKY local..

I stopped getting the local paper years ago. Rag

I try to avoid all cable news if possible. Tired of the slants. If I must, then I go to NewNation.

So, what is news to you? It's not all for entertainment purposes.
I couldn't possibly care less what you watch, but the OP asked for news sources, and you gave political entertainment channels. That's why I didn't list MSNBC in my original post, because I understand what it is. You may have convinced yourself that those are news channels, but that doesn't make it so.

Reactions: ukcatz12
I couldn't possibly care less what you watch, but the OP asked for news sources, and you gave political entertainment channels. That's why I didn't list MSNBC in my original post, because I understand what it is. You may have convinced yourself that those are news channels, but that doesn't make it so.
Need to break away from what you think traditional news is. Walter Cronkite or Don Chancellor ain't walking through that door. Even then, the nightly "news" was crap. We were all just conditioned to it being "gospel" because it was all there were. I'm glad we have alternative outlets now where years before there wasn't any.

As long as someone is open-minded then I don't give a damn where they get their news.

Tic-Tok and Rupp Rafters. If some teenie bop didn't make a dance video about it must not be a big deal.

If a subject/person interests me, I do my own research and form an opinion from there. I don’t listen to the news outside of the weather.

I’m an independent but I will say CNN is the least credible of them all.

Mostly social media. Millions of 'beat reporters' out there looking to out shit each other to break stories first. You won't miss a thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT