ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the naysayers?

Look at the game thread and posts leading up to this game and during it. Ton of so called fans giving us little to no chance and especially if we give up 13 threes. Even when we were leading in second half in game thread they were calling for us to “blow” it. Tired of naysayers and fake fans. They make this board insufferable. I just find it funny they disappear or change their views once we win!

Hell, I remember fans calling this team out when Auburn stayed within 10 points of Duke. We had no chance. Laugh away.

What kind of person is bothered by someone gloating about a UK win on a UK message board and why?

Who exactly is bothered by haters getting called out? If you aren’t a hater, then he’s not talking to you. So why does it bother you?

If you are bothered by haters getting called out, are you equally bothered when the haters spew their venom? Or do the call outs bother you more?

Just trying to pin a couple of things down. [laughing]

Heck Aike, I'd like to see a model of some sort to define the correlations but I BET I could garner a decent hypothesis without too much input other than via observation......Don't break my model my observation model...

What kind of person is bothered by someone gloating about a UK win on a UK message board and why?

Who exactly is bothered by haters getting called out? If you aren’t a hater, then he’s not talking to you. So why does it bother you?

If you are bothered by haters getting called out, are you equally bothered when the haters spew their venom? Or do the call outs bother you more?

I'm going to have to unlike this post, it's the only way I can like it twice.

I'm going to have to unlike this post, it's the only way I can like it twice.

Do like I do...if you like a post better than one like, just like their next post whether you like it or not. I do CD that way all the time. I only like a couple of her posts but I like those a whole lot so I end up liking most of her posts even though more are, ah....okay.:rolleyes: (OUCH, ouch, yikes, ouch, ouch, ouch...)(You don"t understand these comments at this time but you will...)

@Cindog28

Do like I do...if you like a post better than one like, just like their next post whether you like it or not. I do CD that way all the time. I only like a couple of her posts but I like those a whole lot so I end up liking most of her posts even though more are, ah....okay.:rolleyes: (OUCH, ouch, yikes, ouch, ouch, ouch...)(You don"t understand these comments at this time but you will...)

@Cindog28

v5TtdTh.gif

Well... I'm not going to say I don't have several crappy posts because I've served my penance for many horrible takes, but I also do not forget those that were worse posters other than myself (or you, @BBUK) who DID trash the players, coaches, fans, and then pretend like that wasn't them because UK just beat Auburn.

"Perhaps the excitement was too much for them to bare."

giphy.gif

Great learning moment. Ranked home team makes a run, takes the lead and the young Cats still pull it out. Outstanding win.

Exactly. Nobody likes losing a big lead but we lost it because one guy made plays. We kept the composure and won. That’s growth. We are starting to have multiple guys score double figures every game and that’s when we are at our best.

We go into Auburn and control the game start to finish. Hostile crowd and several questionable whistles. Auburn hits 13 threes and shoots 43.3% and we still win. Tell me again this UK team isn’t a legit contender? I’ve been saying it all year. We had an outlier game beginning of year and lost two very close games, one in OT and one road game. I love this cats team, everyone else look out as quickly as we are improving.

Just wait until our next loss. They’ll be back.

Who are these "haters" you speak of? What is your definition of being a hater? Asking for a friend.

Amen brother. If you read my OP and it caused you to get angry, call it stupid etc then you have bigger issues. A celebratory post after a big win and this is peoples response.

This is a UK message board right?

Reactions: Aike
We go into Auburn and control the game start to finish. Hostile crowd and several questionable whistles. Auburn hits 13 threes and shoots 43.3% and we still win. Tell me again this UK team isn’t a legit contender? I’ve been saying it all year. We had an outlier game beginning of year and lost two very close games, one in OT and one road game. I love this cats team, everyone else look out as quickly as we are improving.
I’m here

We get swept by Tennessee

Amen brother. If you read my OP and it caused you to get angry, call it stupid etc then you have bigger issues. A celebratory post after a big win and this is peoples response.

This is a UK message board right?
Actually nothing wrong with your post, but the title was wrong.

@Cindog28
chef-stirring-pot-14992484.jpg

@Cindog28
Don't you go poking that bear......:rolleyes: You know I am a kidder....CD...........

Reactions: Cindog28 and BBUK
Don't you go poking that bear......:rolleyes: You know I am a kidder....CD...........

I know, I was doing it to prove a point but was too ignorant to not do it at the time....

Last edited:
Reactions: awf
I guess my main problem with these types of posts is that it will be a never ending cycle.

As soon as we lose one, or a couple in a row....The “where are all the sunshine pumpers?” thread returns. A couple/few more losses are coming. Then, we beat Tenn, or whoever, and the gloating from the other side comes back.

I try to stay level headed but I’ve gone too far in the past in a negative way. As of now, I’m trying to not get too high.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I guess my main problem with these types of posts is that it will be a never ending cycle.

As soon as we lose one, or a couple in a row....The “where are all the sunshine pumpers?” thread returns. A couple/few more losses are coming. Then, we beat Tenn, or whoever, and the gloating from the other side comes back.

I try to stay level headed but I’ve gone too far in the past in a negative way. As of now, I’m trying to not get too high.

I wish we could get an accurate count on the percentage of posts after or during games that were fueled by bad beer or cheap whiskey, lol.

I wish we could get an accurate count on the percentage of posts after or during games that were fueled by bad beer or cheap whiskey, lol.
You watch your tongue man......There is no such thing as bad beer..........now take it back.................[cheers]

Reactions: Cardsstink
I know, I was doing it to prove a point but was to ignorant to not do it at the time....
As long as it was ignorance that pushed you to do it......Grandpa said you could teach the ignoramus but not much hope for someone that is just stupid....
:rolleyes:

Reactions: BBUK
You don’t get it. I’m say the pumpers go out of their way to gloat to the haters. They could be happy about the win without calling out someone ever single win. It’s childish and makes them look like they think they’ superior or some all knowing basketball god. It’s getting ridiculous seeing both sides complain about the other when neither have anything to do with wins or loses.

Constantly negative people need to have positive things rubbed in their faces. The “haters” literally get upset when UK wins. It’s almost like they’d rather us lose so they can thump their chests and spew their agenda.

I’ve never understood that mentality, but I guess some people aren’t happy unless there’s something to bitch about.

I have a buddy from high school who finds fault with every game, every coach and every player we’ve had. He starts cussing the team if we get down 4-2. He was just on Facebook Saturday bitching about losing the lead. He gets mad if we don’t win by his definition of “enough.”

He’s also twice divorced and a very lonely person who’s not any fun to be around. It couldn’t possibly be his sunny disposition could it? My friend reminds me of the haters on this board. Those people deserve all the shit they take.

Reactions: BBUK and awf

QFT. Especially this: What kind of person is bothered by someone gloating about a UK win on a UK message board and why?

Reactions: Aike
Unless something has changed recently.......they have found no reason for us jerks......we just happen.....

You "ain't" never lied. I was born a jerk and will assuredly die a jerk...

Reactions: awf
I checked. I’m around 72.2% fueled by alcohol. But it’s a process, it used to be around 83.7%.

The good news is, even with my sober post improvements, I’m still outside the lottery projection. More than likely I will be back posting next season.

Reactions: BBUK and Cardsstink
You "ain't" never lied. I was born a jerk and will assuredly die a jerk...
My daughter recently said that she was going to have my head stone say this....."He was an ass hole...but he was our ass hole"....... I like it....

Reactions: BBUK
Warm beer only !
We was lined up to a trip to Germany to attend Oktoberfest......I started practicing about two months before on warm beer....as it worked out we had a death in the family and didn't get to go........I still plan on going some day.........so I have kept up the practice with warm beer.........

My daughter recently said that she was going to have my head stone say this....."He was an ass hole...but he was our ass hole"....... I like it....

That's the way I have been treated for at least 30 years...

My kids constantly stay on me for being "so mean". Ha, I just state what I mean. I don't like wasting time. If others can't handle it, I just go somewhere else...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT