ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the naysayers?

Look at the game thread and posts leading up to this game and during it. Ton of so called fans giving us little to no chance and especially if we give up 13 threes. Even when we were leading in second half in game thread they were calling for us to “blow” it. Tired of naysayers and fake fans. They make this board insufferable. I just find it funny they disappear or change their views once we win!
This is silly. If you have to think you are going to win every game you are sorely mistaken. You can anaylize two teams and make a prediction against your team in a game and still be a fan. 100% of fans make predictions and get some right and get some wrong. Just block people you don’t want to hear from. This isn’t life or death.

This is silly. If you have to think you are going to win every game you are sorely mistaken. You can anaylize two teams and make a prediction against your team in a game and still be a fan. 100% of fans make predictions and get some right and get some wrong. Just block people you don’t want to hear from. This isn’t life or death.
Where did I say you can’t say we could lose? Of course we can lose, we’ve lost a game every season we have ever played. That’s not at all what I’m talking about. The point I was making isn’t hard to understand. It’s not that they think we might lose. They actively root for us to, posting nothing but negativity, never giving praise or being excited about a win. Just like people complaining about losing the 17 point lead and only winning by 2. Read my above post, they are addicted to the feeling they get from being negative, so they create negativity in everything to get that feeling. It’s science and has become “normal” in society.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
They are gloating to the so called haters.Always calling out the haters every win it seems. Thats the gloating I'm referring to.
I see. There’s a lot of that here. Same goes with so-called hating on players. When that particular player(s) proves the haters wrong there’s gloating. I’m guilty of that sometimes. But all in all, a win for UK or a breakout game by a player shouldn’t upset anyone on this board.

We played our best game of the season, but it's 100% wrong to say "We controlled the game from start to finish."

UK plays one of their best games of the year--and suddenly everyone saying we need to play better is proven wrong? They did what I said they needed to do.

Yes because only people who have issue with this post are the ones the post is about. Cats played amazing and it’s time people who call themselves fans start giving them credit.

Here we go again with this “SuperFan”. He’s the only REAL fan on this site if y’all didn’t know. He never questions ANYTHING so that makes him true and blue.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Here we go again with this “SuperFan”. He’s the only REAL fan on this site if y’all didn’t know. He never questions ANYTHING so that makes him true and blue.

Nah, he just doesn't yap (smugly) the loudest when things go bad like yourself and quite a few others. It's so obvious that its embarassing that you all think you are being sly. Laughable, quite honestly.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. I’m a normal guy like everyone else. I post criticism if it’s rational and warranted. What I don’t do is post irrational emotional thoughts like a distraught woman would do.

This team is obviously not perfect and has room to improve greatly. As does every other team in the history of sports. I’ve been rooting for the cats for a long time and 20 years ago the doom and gloomers were few and far between. Peoples emotional state didn’t hinder on every game, every recruit, a players shooting percentage from game to game or every turnover.

They rooted for the Cats not gripe relentlessly about anything and everything. Yes a loss sucked and made us upset. I get upset during games just like anyone else. What I don’t do is bash my players, my coach, my program and our team constantly any chance I get. Those who do aren’t fans plain and simple. They used to get banned, now they run rampant and are taking over.

Last edited:
Where did I say you can’t say we could lose? Of course we can lose, we’ve lost a game every season we have ever played. That’s not at all what I’m talking about. The point I was making isn’t hard to understand. It’s not that they think we might lose. They actively root for us to, posting nothing but negativity, never giving praise or being excited about a win. Just like people complaining about losing the 17 point lead and only winning by 2. Read my above post, they are addicted to the feeling they get from being negative, so they create negativity in everything to get that feeling. It’s science and has become “normal” in society.
We just disagree. People get frustrated and disappointed and blow off steam but I never met a fan to actively root against the team unless they want a coaching change.

We just disagree. People get frustrated and disappointed and blow off steam but I never met a fan to actively root against the team unless they want a coaching change.
I’ve never met a fan who did that either. That’s why when you look at game thread and other post and they trash our team and players. Calling for us to lose mid game when we are up 9 still etc. that’s exactly what I’m talking about. You said it yourself, a fan doesn’t root against their team. Posters here do, regularly.

We go into Auburn and control the game start to finish. Hostile crowd and several questionable whistles. Auburn hits 13 threes and shoots 43.3% and we still win. Tell me again this UK team isn’t a legit contender? I’ve been saying it all year. We had an outlier game beginning of year and lost two very close games, one in OT and one road game. I love this cats team, everyone else look out as quickly as we are improving.
Stupid post.

If you’re so miserable after a big win that you you have to try to stir up crap, well, you need to find something else to do.

I think that every single UK fan is happy today, so what’s your problem?

Great learning moment. Ranked home team makes a run, takes the lead and the young Cats still pull it out. Outstanding win.
Coming back to win was impressive but blowing big leads will bite you in the azz, they lost their composure when AU made their charge. I was glad to see them retake the lead but defeat was as close as that ball spinning out of the basket

Pumpers are just as bad as haters. They can't wait to gloat over a win as much as the haters cry over a loss. Ironic in a way....

Everybody is pumping something. A fan celebrating a win is understandable. A fan relieving their bowels on the program because they lack the coping skills to deal with a loss is something else. The irony is watching a so called fan dump on the program.

Stupid post.

If you’re so miserable after a big win that you you have to try to stir up crap, well, you need to find something else to do.

I think that every single UK fan is happy today, so what’s your problem? .
Show me the part in my OP that looks at all like i was miserable? I was on cloud 9 and ecstatic. Far far from miserable, I was pumped because UK looked and played the role of a big time contender in a game several past teams wouldn’t have. I love this team and have since the Bahamas. The Duke game sucked big time, was a train wreck but it was an anomaly. Have a blessed day man.

Bad timing on the OP , can we not just enjoy a GREAT win ? Not the time to be calling people out . And I disagree that " many". posters here openly root against the Cats . And I was in the game thread all day yesterday , I dont recall any land slide of negativity at all.

I don't think this message board stuff is your cup of tea.

I’ve never met a fan who did that either. That’s why when you look at game thread and other post and they trash our team and players. Calling for us to lose mid game when we are up 9 still etc. that’s exactly what I’m talking about. You said it yourself, a fan doesn’t root against their team. Posters here do, regularly.

One regular here actually bet against UK when we played UCLA in the tourmament. Not sure it gets anymore gutter than that.

Last edited:
Coming back to win was impressive but blowing big leads will bite you in the azz, they lost their composure when AU made their charge. I was glad to see them retake the lead but defeat was as close as that ball spinning out of the basket

All that really tells you is either program is capable of blowing the other out of the gym. Neither is yet capable of playing consistent basketball. We have made massive strides from where we were. You can piss and moan over blowing a lead. Or you can look at the fact that that we built the lead and did not fold at the end.

We just beat a good team in their house. We did it while not playing our best for 40 min.

True. But that same thing could be said about Seton Hall and Bama and UK could be sitting 16-1 right now.

Reactions: Jkwo
I don't get the smack talk. It's like cal popping off after Louisville and then laying the egg at bama. Just let the play on the court do the talking.
They didn’t lay an egg at Bama. In fact Bama should have beaten UT at UT. College kids aren’t going to play at a high level an entire game every game. Look no farther than Kansas losing to an absolutely terrible WVU team yesterday.

Happy people seldom post. The point is to win. When you don’t win, then there is a reason for discussion on why we lost. When you win, nothing really to discuss.

I feel good about the game today, the guys did not panic, and got the win.
This is only true if you're a PITA as a person.

Notice that the forum doesn't go barren when we're flourishing? Those are the well-adjusted people who openly appreciate when things go well and aren't busy trying to find stuff to bitch about.

Pumpers are just as bad as haters. They can't wait to gloat over a win as much as the haters cry over a loss. Ironic in a way....
This is where you're wrong. You want tragic irony?

How about the fact that many haters gloat over losses because they care more about justifying their shots at Cal than about the actual good of UK.

The irony comes from the fact that they blame the winningest coach in the country for valuing something else over wins (draft picks), while they themselves (unlike Cal) actively cheer for something that is mutually exclusive with winning (losing to prove a point).

Because there are 15-20 who should’ve been banned a long time ago. Mods let it run rampant on here so I like to call it like I see it. I remember a time when this board expected to win. Now that’s a rarity.
Without spending too much time presenting to you a detailed account of what I think about your post, I will just summarize with this. Without differing opinions boredom prevails so you are promoting boredom which means interesting posters leave. You are arrogant when you say those with differing opinions should be banned b/c (YOU) disagree with them. Why should ANY reasonable person listen to your drivel? The reality is that you should be thankful, as am I, that we can post our opinion on this board. To argue that others should be "banned" is ignorant (lacks understanding) of what makes the board interesting. Enjoy the win and stop with attacking your fellow fans.

Stupid post.

I think that every single UK fan is happy today, so what’s your problem?
It’s like some posters are not happy unless they can stir up a war here.

Reactions: KeepingItReal74

This makes no sense. Shouldn’t we all want to gloat over a win?

Haters relish losses because it proves them right in their wannabe coach minds . Pumpers relish wins because it shuts up the haters.

I’d rather be in the latter category. The former just seems like a miserable lot.

This is only true if you're a PITA as a person.

Notice that the forum doesn't go barren when we're flourishing? Those are the well-adjusted people who openly appreciate when things go well and aren't busy trying to find stuff to bitch about.
No idea what your point is. Evidently my point went over your head.

From what I see on this board, 95% of the negative posts here is related to OAD when they are not ready, transfers, can’t keep a player more than 2 years, tired of watching struggles every year. These posters are not invested in the “process” as much as some on here.

I am totally against bashing any player should be off limits. Coaches are fair game, they get paid to put a quality product on the floor.

We can agree to disagree, but BBN should be large enough to welcome all, and if you want all people of differing opinions banned, this board will cease to exist, cuz I think you all will get tired of patting each other on the back and gloating over who is the bigger, better fan.

We go into Auburn and control the game start to finish. Hostile crowd and several questionable whistles. Auburn hits 13 threes and shoots 43.3% and we still win. Tell me again this UK team isn’t a legit contender? I’ve been saying it all year. We had an outlier game beginning of year and lost two very close games, one in OT and one road game. I love this cats team, everyone else look out as quickly as we are improving.

Alabama says hi to you. It's never as good or as bad as people think.

This makes no sense. Shouldn’t we all want to gloat over a win?

Haters relish losses because it proves them right in their wannabe coach minds . Pumpers relish wins because it shuts up the haters.

I’d rather be in the latter category. The former just seems like a miserable lot.
You don’t get it. I’m say the pumpers go out of their way to gloat to the haters. They could be happy about the win without calling out someone ever single win. It’s childish and makes them look like they think they’ superior or some all knowing basketball god. It’s getting ridiculous seeing both sides complain about the other when neither have anything to do with wins or loses.

fan2
/fan/
noun
noun: fan; plural noun: fans
  1. a person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing.
    "football fans"
They need to change that definition to include something having to do with only caring when you can bitch. Isn't that the true essence of a "fan" - the right to complain when anything goes at all below expectation? The right to vent during bad times and disappear during good times - that's what being a fan is all about. Am I right?

What kind of person is bothered by someone gloating about a UK win on a UK message board and why?

Who exactly is bothered by haters getting called out? If you aren’t a hater, then he’s not talking to you. So why does it bother you?

If you are bothered by haters getting called out, are you equally bothered when the haters spew their venom? Or do the call outs bother you more?

Just trying to pin a couple of things down. [laughing]

What kind of person is bothered by someone gloating about a UK win on a UK message board and why?

Who exactly is bothered by haters getting called out? If you aren’t a hater, then he’s not talking to you. So why does it bother you?

If you are bothered by haters getting called out, are you equally bothered when the haters spew their venom? Or do the call outs bother you more?

Just trying to pin a couple of things down. [laughing]

Inquiring minds want to know.

Good questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT