ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the naysayers?

Wrong. It is a post calling out other posters that thought we could lose this game. It is divisive and serves no purpose other than say, look at me, I am the greates UK fan if all time.
Once again missed the point. They rush to post when we lose, but disappear or suddenly start cheering finally when we win. Open your eyes.

Once again missed the point. They rush to post when we lose, but disappear or suddenly start cheering finally when we win. Open your eyes.
Happy people seldom post. The point is to win. When you don’t win, then there is a reason for discussion on why we lost. When you win, nothing really to discuss.

I feel good about the game today, the guys did not panic, and got the win.

Here we go, big win and immediately a divisive post!!!! Gtfo here with this crap!!!!

There are plenty of great threads going right now celebrating a big W. Feel better about yourself now?
Not divisive if you’re a true UK fan. There’s a lot on here that gave up in November.

Very proud of these young kids. Hostile crowd, AU hitting threes from 35 feet, hitting clutch free throws down the stretch, overcoming a big AU run to hold on for the lead.

This team played with 100% effort from start to finish - loved the way they attacked the basket and didn’t rush shots.

This team is growing up and becoming a cohesive unit.

What gets me is when did it become bad to call someone out when they deserve it? Whether it’s sunshine pumpers or naysayers or anyone else. If people are blatantly out for an agenda to clutter this message board with nonsense then what’s wrong with calling them out? It’s cliche to say but what a “snowflake” “I’m offended” society we live in.

Last edited:
Wasn’t offended, this board has become a bunch of crap. Win and where you at Debbie Downers and lose it’s where you at sunshine pumpers. All garbage, we hate each other here as much as we hate Louisville fans.

Happy people seldom post. The point is to win. When you don’t win, then there is a reason for discussion on why we lost. When you win, nothing really to discuss.
So, you don’t say anything about the team unless it’s to complain or criticize. For the life of me, I don’t understand that view. Sounds absolutely miserable.

Reactions: kl40504
What gets me is when did it become bad to call someone out when they deserve it? Whether it’s shnshine pumpers or naysayers or anyone else. If people are blatantly out for an agenda to clutter this message board with nonsense then what’s wrong with calling them out? It’s cliche to say but what a “snowflake” “I’m offended” society we live in.
Then call them out individually at the time. Otherwise, it's just a baiting post and cause more infighting.

So, you don’t say anything about the team unless it’s to complain or criticize. For the life of me, I don’t understand that view. Sounds absolutely miserable.
Normally I would agree with you! He did give the team a compliment after the win after Georgia

Then call them out individually at the time. Otherwise, it's just a baiting post and cause more infighting.
Trying to call them out after every post would take hundreds of posts a day. They run rampant on this board and when we lose it gets 10x worse. When we win they disappear and a few of them pretend to be happy. Not sure how this isn’t obvious to everyone. Again I ask what’s the problem here?

I’ll say it again for the people in the back, the guilty dog barks the loudest.

Thank you was going to come back and say the same thing. Commenting on a post I’m fine with, starting a new thread to do so is just BS IMO.

You notice the same ole same ole faces aren't here after a huge win. Had we lost I bet they would have been. This one was for the sunshine pumpers and we are only getting better!
tumblr_obuyvuLMga1qmob6ro2_400.gif

Guessing you didn’t read the second paragraph. It’s human nature if you have a life outside of UK basketball

I went thru 9 weeks of radiation treatment this past summer, having total knee replacement on Tuesday. Many trials and hardships in my life to get too up or too down about a basketball game, so no, I am not miserable, I am a survivor. Continue your bashing.

Guessing you didn’t read the second paragraph. It’s human nature if you have a life outside of UK basketball

I went thru 9 weeks of radiation treatment this past summer, having total knee replacement on Tuesday. Many trials and hardships in my life to get too up or too down about a basketball game, so no, I am not miserable, I am a survivor. Continue your bashing.
One, I’m thankful you made it thru radiation, and sorry you needed that to begin with. And good luck with the knee replacement, I know that “minor surgery” only applies when it’s someone else getting cut.
Two, I read your post, and you said if things are good there’s nothing to talk about, but when things are bad there is. That to me is a miserable way to live. To each his own.

About 5 % of our posters can only praise the team, and another 5% will only bash this team/Cal. The other 90% of us may agree or disagree on individual issues but overall recognize that there are plenty of times to criticize them and plenty of times to praise them. Nothing is ever as good or bad as it seems. They have done plenty to merit criticism this season. Its OK, though for some reason some fans cant handle that. They have also done stuff, especially recently including tonight, to merit praise. Being a fan isn't an either/or proposition.

Reactions: $Z71$
Agreed, but we get called sunshine pumpers a hell of a lot more and it gets old when your just backing your team and keeping the faith in a team you know can get it done.
Any positivity at all is considered “sunshine pumping” yet people are negative and complain in 75% of posts and no one bats an eye. People become addicted to the feeling they get when they complain and are negative and they create that situation no matter what circumstances to get that addictive feeling. It’s sad but it’s science.

The calling out of all “fans” (naysayers, sunshine pumpers, etc) needs to stop period.
I think it would if there wasn't an overabundance of fans who have Shit on the team all year long, no matter what. But especially after a loss. This is really the first year I've ever not come here after a loss because this board becomes a cesspool. I look at the thread titles and bounce. Have your heart to heart with that group first.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT