ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the “Oscar is for sure an NBA’er guys””?”

Oscar wasn't perfect and absolutely had his flaws.

And as for Huggins, well, to each his own. But I think we see he's not in his correct mind and hasn't been for a bit.
I think he's aggravated with the game today and deciding to vent to a bottle of whiskey.

I don’t think anyone really thought he would be drafted if he would have been picked it would have been where Livingston was selected. I think he will get invited to camps but I actually see Oscar playing overseas. Either way, he represented UK with Pride and I wish him well in his future endeavors.

1st ever played of the year not drafted. I hope someone that can coach a big guy picks him up. He deserves a chance. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can’t count how many told me he’s a 2nd rounder for sure. He’ll thrive in the league. He’ll be the next Rodman. His 3 pt shot is getting really good. Oscars defense isn’t bad. He’s gonna be a great rebounder. Indiana lovessss him. Oscar can be Chuck Hayes. Oscar isn’t really short for a 5 man. Oscar can guard nba 4’s. Every nba team needs a guy like Oscar. It goes on and on and on, blah blah.
I know I know. Now he’s gonna get a 2 way contract. He’s gonna play his way in. He’s gonna stick somewhere. Somebody will take a chance on him……………….He ain’t doing shit in the league. Maybe in Kazakhstan……maybe
Damn, what did Oscar do to you? He signed a contract at least. Better that the majority of players that have ever played. Maybe he sticks, maybe he don’t. I do think he’s such a good rebounder that he would be a great bench man just to clean the boards for shooters.

Because we're upset that Cal and his leeches put way more emphasis on the NBA than what any who is a true fan of UK ever would. If you're going to screw over my program and generally not do the things that you've signed on to do, then peece on your NBA career.
How did Oscar screw over our program?

Yeah I was a little harsh, but I'm spot on for what he actually did and didn't do here. It's clear that you're one of those who don't look at the little things, the things that make teammates better. It's been discussed ad nauseam here what his big flaws were. Huggins was also correct in what he said.
Huggins was dead wrong, he let an All American walk lmfao. He’s drunk and I think we have seen his decision making. Kinda weird the stance you’re taking here.

Yet he won a NPOY award, crazy, Oscar should have gotten drafted in the late second round, especially since
teams draft dudes they know they can stash overseas or in the g-league for a couple of year, Oscar should have been drafted
They stash young players in hopes they get better. Oscar has peaked. No amount of time will make him a more desirable NBA prospect. As it stands now he just has to make himself useful enough to get a contract and hopefully one after that.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Damn, what did Oscar do to you? He signed a contract at least. Better that the majority of players that have ever played. Maybe he sticks, maybe he don’t. I do think he’s such a good rebounder that he would be a great bench man just to clean the boards for shooters.
I love Oscar but there’s no place in a lineup he could even start to play defense. The 5’s would murder him and the 4’s would be to the basket before he even thought about moving his feet.

He loves Oscar, can’t you tell?
Are you referring to me??? If so, I do love Oscar but he’s no NBA guy. I love my 2 boys also and they both played ball but they weren’t that good. I don’t have a problem with being real about things. My love or lack of has no bearing on the product. I hate Laettner with the heat of a 1000 suns but he’s one of the best college players to dribble a ball.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Yankee fan calling someone else a dumbass lol. Grow up, key board warrior.

read your original post.
add this in....
would you put your hand to a bible and swear your not a dumbass?
it isnt your choice in teams that makes you a dumbass...
it's your thoughts and the fact you think they need to be cemented in a forum....

I love Oscar but there’s no place in a lineup he could even start to play defense. The 5’s would murder him and the 4’s would be to the basket before he even thought about moving his feet.
I think he could easily play on a bench lineup. There are teams that do play zone now. He’s not as bad as people think, yeah it’s not a strong suit but maybe the NBA will actually coach him how to switch better. He rebounds so good I can easily see a role just for that.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
read your original post.
add this in....
would you put your hand to a bible and swear your not a dumbass?
it isnt your choice in teams that makes you a dumbass...
it's your thoughts and the fact you think they need to be cemented in a forum....
In your case it is the choice of teams that makes you a dumbass. They call me Wells Ready Mix cause I cement that shit in the forum.

He was just so abused his second year here after all the coaches got the scouting report on him. He can’t jump over a pencil, can’t pass, can’t dribble, can’t defend and can’t shoot outside 15 feet. He made his living with his motor, his strength and he positioned himself pretty well even to the detriment of being out of position on defense. How’s he gonna score in the league??? Who can he guard in the league? He can’t guard college front court players. He sure isn’t guarding league front courters.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
He was just so abused his second year here after all the coaches got the scouting report on him.
For cripes sake, "his second year" here he averaged nearly 17 ppg and a ridiculous 14 rpg and was a second team All American. If that's supposedly being "so abused" then please sign me up for more abuse.

Yes, Oscar's game has gaping flaws that turned the pro scouts off ...but he also was one of the greatest rebounders the college game has ever seen. Some of our fans optimistically figured that him being SO extraordinary in one area of the game might cause the pros to overlook his flaws in other areas on draft night. Didn't turn out to be the case ...but so what? It's still a fair viewpoint.

Dude balled out for us for two years. NPOY and twice All American is a legacy of undeniable greatness ...regardless of how his pro career goes.

I can’t count how many told me he’s a 2nd rounder for sure. He’ll thrive in the league. He’ll be the next Rodman. His 3 pt shot is getting really good. Oscars defense isn’t bad. He’s gonna be a great rebounder. Indiana lovessss him. Oscar can be Chuck Hayes. Oscar isn’t really short for a 5 man. Oscar can guard nba 4’s. Every nba team needs a guy like Oscar. It goes on and on and on, blah blah.
I know I know. Now he’s gonna get a 2 way contract. He’s gonna play his way in. He’s gonna stick somewhere. Somebody will take a chance on him……………….He ain’t doing shit in the league. Maybe in Kazakhstan……maybe

Chuck Hayes went undrafted and played professionally for 10 years, signing a 22M, 4yr contract towards the end of it all. If Oscar wants it bad enough and puts in the work he can play in the league.

He probably would have been if normal 60 picks he was right on the line. Anyway he's in the NBA now. Pacers. I think he will stick and do well. Superstar, no. But solid role player, yes.

He would of got first round if it wasn’t for those little pesky GMs meddling in his affairs.

In all seriousness, I don’t know the real relationship Cal and Oscar have. I know what they try to present on the outside. I do kind of wonder if he didn’t get Cal’s full support getting him to the league though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT