ADVERTISEMENT

When will Mitch Barnhart be held accountable?

They already got it. It's not really new they just got rid of the track that infringed on the field and made it larger and solely for football. It think they spent like $10M on the remodeling. It's as good as anything else in the SEC now.
I was extremely impressed when I visited last year. I don't understand how any knowledgeable UK football fan could not be impressed with the improvement of the program.

We once looked at UK as one of the weakest teams on our schedule. 50, 60 or 70 points was the expectation. That is history now. UK fans should embrace the improvement and build on it.

How important is UK in the SEC now? Well Florida fans have the game circled as a must win. Right there with Miami and FSU. Napier can't afford to lose another one to Kentucky.

I was extremely impressed when I visited last year. I don't understand how any knowledgeable UK football fan could not be impressed with the improvement of the program.

We once looked at UK as one of the weakest teams on our schedule. 50, 60 or 70 points was the expectation. That is history now. UK fans should embrace the improvement and build on it.

How important is UK in the SEC now? Well Florida fans have the game circled as a must win. Right there with Miami and FSU. Napier can't afford to lose another one to Kentucky.
Yeah, I’ve thought all along that Napier won’t make it past our game without getting axed if we win in Gainesville this year. Think we were also the reason Muschamp was let go at SC, could be wrong. Your recruiting is way too good to not be a top tier SEC school at this point, think it goes to show how important it is finding the right coach and keeping him there for stability.

Reactions: Gators1853
What do you even mean by held accountable? Fired? Short of that, why do people want him to be punished?

I want him held accountable for that sellout of the EKU game last year at Kroger!!

That’s the first sellout of an FCS opponent absent massive giveaways to the military and/or first responders.

And these damnable Florida Bowl games. My old arse needs to drive shorter distances for bowl games, and I’ll wear a thick coat to watch us beat a 6-6 G5 team!!

And this going to a bowl every damn year?!?!?

Give me back CM Newton, and let me catch up on my sleep more during most bowl seasons!!

If any names surfaced as to potential replacements?
Just speculation and that from fans. Many would be OK with following the UK Basketball Model. That being; hiring a young energetic coach who wore the uniform and also won a National Championship. Tim Tebow would be the Mark Pope of UF. This may be far fetched because Tebow has never coached but he would certainly have fan support and nobody is more Gator than him. Also the money would flow and would not be an issue.

I doubt the UF administration would go that route nor do I see Tim Tebow going into coaching. He is doing well financially without the pressure of being an SEC football coach in Gainesville . But many fans are all in. As far as this being realistic who knows? Crazier things have happened in the world of college football.

At this point everything is wishful thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT