ADVERTISEMENT

When will Mitch Barnhart be held accountable?

He's the best at writing contracts for underachieving coaches that are impossible to get out of with hilarious buyouts.
By hook or by crook he was able to move us out of the Calipari failed tenue at no cost.
At any rate hind sight is 2020. When Stoops wins 10 games Mitch looks like a genius then he puts together back to back 7 win season all of a sudden he's an idiot. It's sort of like betting on a can't miss odds on favorite horse and then when he fails to hit the board people say why the heck did you bet on that nag? Sort of the same thing with Calipari that was the golden boy here for awhile.

By hook or by crook he was able to move us out of the Calipari failed tenue at no cost.
At any rate hind sight is 2020. When Stoops wins 10 games Mitch looks like a genius then he puts together back to back 7 win season all of a sudden he's an idiot. It's sort of like betting on a can't miss odds on favorite horse and then when he fails to hit the board people say why the heck did you bet on that nag? Sort of the same thing with Calipari that was the golden boy here for awhile.
See I don’t think the last contract did anything and was just a waste. Win 7 or 8 or 10. He was already at a level where he can’t leave for just another job. And if a bigger school ever really wanted him we were not stopping them and still aren’t. Mitch had just given a raise and extension and then go duplicate it again after a mediocre year. Take that money and make it part of the recruiting budget instead and you end up with one of the top 3 recruiting budgets along with UT and UGA. That makes the whole program stronger for whomever coaches not just stoops pocket book and he can’t complain about an infusion of $ into recruiting. It was flat out just stupid to make that last extension. Others were fine or at worst debatable…the last extension was panic for no reason.

But it makes it impossible to get out of without severely crippling the program. So he's got that going for us.

This is like tattling on your friends for jay-walking. Next level lame. Only Mitch is lame enough to do something like this. The rest of the big time ADs PROTECT their programs instead policing them like a hall monitor. Zero benefit other than Mitch getting a pat on the back from the NCAA brass for being a good boy.

This. I don't even care the situation happened. I care our ad sold us out by self reporting it and rolling over by agreeing.

Those of us that have been around a while know that football was historically just given enough resources so they could cash the checks. But when Mitch got here he set us on a path to be a two sport school and be competitive in football. I think he has achieved that but some of his decisions have not always been the most popular. He's religious, and some people think that get's in the way of him being "tough" I'm agnostic on both.

ON the surface our schedule does look very tough this season but I've looked at it and see some bright spots. Most notably the spacing. Rather than having 3 cupcakes the first 3 weeks, we only have one, and the others are spaced out over the season, giving us a chance to regroup between SEC games. Also we get two bye weeks this year instead of the normal one. We have a huge schedule advantage against Texas. We have a bye week and then a cupcake the week before we travel to Austin, while the Longhorns will be coming off a road game at Arkansas (who was, maybe still is a rival game), and then looking ahead to their hated rival aTm the week after us.

Meh he did better which isn't saying much. Dont forget brooks left because Mitch kept promising things that never happened, even basics like a recruiting room instead of chairs in the corner.

Plus pretty much everything stoops got came only when he was in serious consideration for other jobs. My god they were flying public until this last extension.

So ya for football hes better than the worst but there is a lot of room left to grow.

Reactions: TM2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT