ADVERTISEMENT

When is it OK to actually have higher expectations of Kentucky football?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Facilities are light years better than they were.

The SEC is as terrible as I can ever remember.

But yet, I keep hearing UK fans are impatient. It takes time to build a solid football program.

Here we are, in Stoops' 5th season. Defense is an absolute clown show.

Coaching blunders that would embarrass a grade school coach.

The really good teams we have played so far, have beaten the living hell out of us.

I just need someone to let me know when Kentucky football isn't so fragile that I can start expecting more.

But yet, I keep hearing UK fans are impatient. It takes time to build a solid football program.

The really good teams we have played so far, have beaten the living hell out of us.

I just need someone to let me know when Kentucky football isn't so fragile that I can start expecting more.

I keep hearing the word next year..heard it for a few years now. I didn't expect us to win this one but I did expect us to be more disciplined. I expect us to win against UofL and our bowl. Do that and I'll consider this a decent season. Lose either and I'll be back on the Stoops must go train.

All season long when it's been pointed out that we don't look good, the inevitable answer is that we should be happy because we're winning and we never win so how could you not be happy with this.

Pointing out that this maybe the weakest sec schedule we've played in decades doesn't faze those who just want wins, and don't care about the glaring weaknesses this coach has shown.

Those of us who have expectations of competing for an SEC championship get laughed off and dismissed.

So the answer apparently is that it's only OK to expect mediocrity.

you can judge if season a failure or not. but watching both games, UK looks eerily similar to Illinois playing Ohio St this afternoon. surely we can aim higher than that

If you use facility's as a reason we should be good. The first class to lay actual eyes on the entire practice facility is true freshman. Agree?

I don't know...I really don't I really thought this might be the season to get over the plateau ...

Last edited:
Apparently here you can't expect to beat teams like EKU and Eastern Michigan in a head coaches 5th year without being labeled unreasonable. I'm guessing we give Stoops 10-15, maybe 20 years before we are allowed to give him a proper evaluation. We have won 7 games afterall, doesn't matter how it happened.

If you use facility's as a reason we should be good. The first class to lay actual eyes on the entire practice facility is true freshman. Agree?

Like your reasoning.

Now we can kick the higher expectations can down the road a few more years.

So when this freshmen class is 5th year seniors, can I expect more?

Nothing wrong with lofty expectations. But when there are holes, no amount of want to can change the fact.

I don’t expect Louisviile Offenive guards and right tackle to be able to own our LBs like UGA.

Jump off if you must, but I like the path.

Not this shit again!

Reactions: Calsthebomb
Dline is the biggest problem area and the hardest to recruit. When bohanna went out it made a huge difference up front and he’s a freshman. Qbs have all day to throw because we can’t get any pass rush. When we blitz they pick it up and we get burned. We get good skill players and athletes even some good oline talent. Dline is where improvement needs to come

I guess you don't realize we're about to be 8-4, the best season we've had in 20 years or so....

Facts for you are uncomfortable, huh?

Reactions: StubbornPenny
Apparently here you can't expect to beat teams like EKU and Eastern Michigan in a head coaches 5th year without being labeled unreasonable. I'm guessing we give Stoops 10-15, maybe 20 years before we are allowed to give him a proper evaluation. We have won 7 games afterall, doesn't matter how it happened.
UL has beat Kent State, Purdue, and Murray. They play in a weak conference let's fire Petrino too

Reactions: UKWinsAgainYep
Been following the Cats for 50+ years and I still ask that question. It is what it is.

THis is the problem. Fans who deserve better but don’t demand it. “It is what it is” is holding us back. We need everyone to get on board and demand a better product on the field!

There's a stigma about Kentucky football. No one is going to want to come here if their options are Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Georgia. We haven't been able to compete with those types.

If you're going to create some excitement in recruiting, you do it via the offensive side of the ball and run a Leach type system where you're chucking it and trying to put up 50 points.

Dude, please go find another program to support. UaVel is thug U with a complete asshole for a coach. I think they're perfect for you.

This season is turning out just like some of the earlier ones under Stoops. 7-6 is a big possibility still with us potentially losing 5 of our last 7. Anyone that doesn't think that would be a disappointing season with one of the worst schedules in power 5 conference football is crazy. There won't be any excitement going into next year. You can bet there will be a major drop off in season ticket sales again. Stoops better hope we beat UL at the very least.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Like your reasoning.

Now we can kick the higher expectations can down the road a few more years.

So when this freshmen class is 5th year seniors, can I expect more?
Yes. And isn't this years group producing much better than when they got here. We have a really good shot to do something we haven't done since 84. But we should expect more than what we have done in thirty years?

You said we'd win on a last second FG. Bipolar much?

Reactions: bluecoon1
I love these pseudo UK fans who make absurd comments like the OP. We're trying to extricate ourselves from generations of poor football, and these idiots act like we should be challenging Alabama on a yearly basis after the Joker dumpster fire. Pathetic.

You cannot pay another person 4 million a year to take the job. We are what we are. It is what it is. We’ve been bad for a hundred 100 years. Why do fans feel entitled in Football. Have you ever coached? Trust the process. Haters gonna hate

I'm a huge UK football fan, but I'm also a pragmatist.
I think Stoops and company are doing the best they can, but really we'll be like Duke football and Kansas football. Powerful basketball history in ACC and Big 12, but just can't cut it on the gridiron in a meaningful way. Can't articulate it, but it just seems to be. We're doing better than those two for what it's worth. I've just come to accept it.

When the bagmen come...it’s that simple.

UL has beat Kent State, Purdue, and Murray. They play in a weak conference let's fire Petrino too

Perhaps I left out the word "squeek" in there somewhere. Even so if you didn't know what I meant then you are as big a moron as the jackass on the sideline who has kept calling for the wildcat all freaking year.

Perhaps I left out the word "squeek" in there somewhere. Even so if you didn't know what I meant then you are as big a moron as the jackass on the sideline who has kept calling for the wildcat all freaking year.
Did you hate the zWC when Benny scored with it? 2 words BI POLAR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT