ADVERTISEMENT

When is it OK to actually have higher expectations of Kentucky football?

I thought the expectation of winning the SEC East was a bit of a stretch in the offseason.

But, to not have a winning SEC record is very disappointing, especially since it hasn't happened in 40 years, and the schedule will never be as favorable as it was in 2017. I don't think that expectation was unrealistic at all, and I don't think expressing that disappointment is over the top at all. It should have happened without question this year.
Then you must be very disappointed with Nick Haynes, whose holding penalty has been the difference between 4-4 and 5-3 for us in the SEC this year. But speaking for myself, I am grateful to our players and coaches. I see the steady progress, and I am watching our recruiting classes as a predictor for the future. If quality of Stoops' recruiting classes falls off, then I will be concerned. If they get better, I will expect additional yearly improvement.

Stoops job is not on the line, but until we start expecting a 9 or 10 win season scattered every 5 or 6 years then we need to fold the program. This was a year that it should of happened. We are the only team in the conference not to have a 9 win season since they expanded to 12 regular season games. Brooks was here a long time and didn't do it and some on here talk like he was the 2nd coming of Lombardi after he left. That's pretty low expectations. It's time to expect more and now is the time.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
You need someone to let you know? In 2013, Stoops inherited a 2-10 team and a 40 year old stadium that had not undergone a major renovation since it was built. Since then, his records are 2-10, 5-7, 5-7, 7-6, 7-4. Our stadium has been completely renovated, and we have a new, modern practice/office complex. Our coaches bring in ranked recruiting classes every year. We have 4 straight wins over South Carolina, 3 straight over Missouri. Last November, we beat UL and their Heisman quarterback in their own stadium. We are about to play in our 2nd straight bowl. We are not yet where we want to be in every respect, but there has been tremendous progress toward our goals. If you think this is a "clown show", then find another way to spend your time. Or else, open your eyes to the steady improvement that you have missed.
i would call bowling in the end zones in '99 a major renovation. too many like to pretend there was never any success at all between Curci thru Joke but there actually was a little here and there.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Then you must be very disappointed with Nick Haynes, whose holding penalty has been the difference between 4-4 and 5-3 for us in the SEC this year. But speaking for myself, I am grateful to our players and coaches. I see the steady progress, and I am watching our recruiting classes as a predictor for the future. If quality of Stoops' recruiting classes falls off, then I will be concerned. If they get better, I will expect additional yearly improvement.

What's your point? Are you insinuating that I blame Nick Haynes' hold for losing the Florida game? It actually never should have gotten to the point of one holding penalty.

Why does everything have to be so black or white?....Can you not still be supportive of this staff and not wanting them to go anywhere, and yet still be able to look with a critical eye of their performance and be disappointed with the 40th straight non-winning SEC record?

I k ow reading comprehension is difficult but yes we did beat missou. We lost to Florida which was so freaking bad, missou was able to rest starters and humiliated Florida.
The next intelligent comment you make will be your first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT