ADVERTISEMENT

When are the Pundits going to be talking about UNC?

Dec 5, 2007
20 years of cheating and nobody says anything for the most part? Dick Vitale where are you? You seem to let your opinion be known for so many other things that happen around college basketball but you are dead silent for 20 years of academic fraud!!!!!

No it isn't a surprise but this has made me take a step back and know for sure now UK will never get a fair pairing in the tourney, etc. I believe Cal has been trying to get the best recruits so it doesn't matter where the dumbass tourney selection committee puts us we will win. But it has been such close to impossible pairings sooner or later down the line three, four, five games in we lose.

So I am not going to try and get wrapped up in it anymore and just know in the back of my mind that UNC, Duke, etc. will always get preferential treatment for no other reason than having alumni in persuasive positions.

You are going to have to go somewhere besides ESPN if you want to see UNC and the NCAA get blistered. If you google unc/ncaa you will find plenty of news articles about the fraud that UNC got away with and the NCAA's lack of testicles.

Reactions: awf
Oitside the Lines BRIEFLY discussed it. One guy said it was the right thing to do (let them off the hook). Jeremy Schapp did not agree. He was about to go off on a rant and Bob Ley cut him off and basically spoke over him to move on to the next subject. If someone could post that clip from last Friday, that would be awesome. Hook it up.

Paul Finebaum said ole Roy got away with murder but that's all That was said
Heard that as well,Glad to hear him say that,it might not take too much to get this snowball rolling.One or two schools openly protest in some way and others will follow.

Reactions: awf
Non conference schools should not play North Carolina*, they should refuse to add to the glorifying of cheating, if the ncaa is not going to do something, maybe all of the other schools can. Emmert and skipper are probably basking in the sun somewhere in the pacific.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I have thought to myself all along, why don't other schools speak up about this mess? They are the governing body.

Just as it was through out the entire process, ESPN issued a gag order to report little if any new about those cheating SOB's getting away with twenty years of blatant cheating. So its not surprising you don't see anything on it !.

Non conference schools should not play North Carolina*, they should refuse to add to the of glorifying cheating, if the ncaa is not going to do something, maybe all of the other schools can. Emmert and skipper are probably basking in the sun somewhere in the pacific.
I think Finebaum's one line comment tells us that the sports media knows what happened but there just isn't an eyeball or ear market to make it a worthwhile topic to capture a good market share of viewers or listeners.

If member institutions would take some action(any action) the media would begin to talk about it

Dickie V came out with some strong tweets about the matter. Of course, he's followed that up with defense of Pitino which makes him look old, senile, and out of touch...

I have thought to myself all along, why don't other schools speak up about this mess? They are the governing body.

because they wrote the rules the NCAA abides by. If you were Nebraska, Alabama, FSU, Miami, would you want to a group of enforcement guys writing the rules on what constitutes a class, grading scale, GPA, etc.,?

Duke doesn't even want that.

Seriously, from a fan standpoint, yes, everyone but UNC fans wanted UNC to get hammered.

For a school trying to have a viable and revenue producing athletics program, you don't want the NCAA telling you what constitutes a class.

TV $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ controls the NCAA and ESPN. Neither has a reason to do what is right. Wrong pays more in college basketball.
MMZ9L.gif

Because they don't want John Higgins officiating their games either........

ADVERTISEMENT