ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeler injury seems more suspicious with transfer

It sure suggests that he had no injury and did quit. If this is ever discovered to be the real truth, along with Sharpe I say Cal should be suspended. How do you allow the University to be taken advantage of in such a way? They are paying scholarships and there is a responsibility attached for the players.
Let's just let it die. He wasn't going to help much anyway. Good Luck Shavier...now with Sharpe: be mad!

Just glad it's over and he's gone. It's really interesting when someone clamors to come to a place like Kentucky and wants the spotlight. Problem is when in the spotlight you don't just get exposure, you also get exposed. For anyone who wants to whine/complain about how Wheeler was treated, the simple solution for a guy like him, go stay at UGA and rack up stats on awful teams in anonymity. Nobody cares when you turn the ball over, miss FT's, can't shoot, can't stop anyone when you are at UGA. They are still drunk off the high of winning in football. Second you come to play at a school like Kentucky, things get amplified. But he chose this. Fact is he wouldn't embrace or accept his role off the bench and his fake laugh at the presser leading up to the Postseason was all BS. UK got better by his departure.

No good luck either. Hope they get to play him and kick his bloated hobbit ass.

Just glad it's over and he's gone. It's really interesting when someone clamors to come to a place like Kentucky and wants the spotlight. Problem is when in the spotlight you don't just get exposure, you also get exposed. For anyone who wants to whine/complain about how Wheeler was treated, the simple solution for a guy like him, go stay at UGA and rack up stats on awful teams in anonymity. Nobody cares when you turn the ball over, miss FT's, can't shoot, can't stop anyone when you are at UGA. They are still drunk off the high of winning in football. Second you come to play at a school like Kentucky, things get amplified. But he chose this. Fact is he wouldn't embrace or accept his role off the bench and his fake laugh at the presser leading up to the Postseason was all BS. UK got better by his departure.

No good luck either. Hope they get to play him and kick his bloated hobbit ass.
So now he doesn't like the spotlight and he doesn't embrace his role and etc...

This drama just keeps building more and more with hardly any evidence that he quit on the team even though there is evidence to the contrary...

It sure suggests that he had no injury and did quit. If this is ever discovered to be the real truth, along with Sharpe I say Cal should be suspended. How do you allow the University to be taken advantage of in such a way? They are paying scholarships and there is a responsibility attached for the players.
I couldn’t agree more. As an alum I’m absolutely disgusted how Cal allows this crap. He does it bc he fears no one and believes he is above accountability. His absolute malpractice with scholarships has gone unchecked and not a soul at UK holds him responsible. It’s a shame.

I can’t wait until he’s gone and we have coach who won’t be held hostage or cover for someone’s feelings.

Now to really ruffle feathers… there was another player who I felt did the same a few years ago but people stopped talking about it bc of a terrible tragedy. So I’ll say no further.

With that said, it now appears that for 3 straight seasons a player has either refused to play or quit on the team. Feel free to make your own judgments, but this appears to be a trend now.

Anyone who truly loves UK should be bothered by this crap. It sends a terrible message.

Mid-season we wanted Wheeler removed from the lineup and never to play again because he was supposedly costing us games. So why is anyone up in arms that he's leaving?
Its just Cal lying about it and leaving him on the bench to mess with the team.

What in the world are you talking about? Wheeler was a fairly productive
player for 2 years. He clearly earned his scholarship. He has serious flaws
as a player. I'm sure most fans won't miss him. That doesn't mean that his
time at UK represented malpractice by Cal. If you think you're going to
get rid of Cal with that type of nonsense you are delusional.

My guess would be protecting his transfer options. His stat line looks a lot better than it would if you added a bunch of appearances with 5 minutes per game in there. His averages would have plummeted and he likely wouldn't have the same options to transfer.
And, that is the very definition of a selfish, me-first player, who isn’t willing to do anything/everything for his brothers & the team’s best interest. He pouted when he didn’t get his way & reality set in. Accepting a lesser role is, obviously, beneath him despite every metric in existence showing that the team was better without him playing 30mpg.

He, apparently, was butt-hurt & still expected starter minutes even if it came at the team’s expense. Personally, I’d take the player with lesser stats & greater character over a selfish, delusional cancer with better numbers, every single time. IMO, sitting to preserve his stats is a far worse look than his numbers going down due to less floor time.

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious when we were getting a slew of guard commits that Wheeler was going to transfer. Some of you act surprised by this report. No one expected him to stay past this year...
I wish the playing college ball 5 years would go away.
Ridiculous to be 25 and still playing college basketball. Most of UTs team look 30. Time for them to enter the real world and get a job.

I wish the playing college ball 5 years would go away.
Ridiculous to be 25 and still playing college basketball. Most of UTs team look 30. Time for them to enter the real world and get a job.
Sad but college hoops is a job now , you show up , you get paid ..... your results matter little , what a great world we live in . Maybe the next NIL Wheeler cash's in on will be with the local Fire Dept , he can be the hydrant .. ( yes I'm bitter they are ruining college basketball) and get off my lawn , I mowed it yesterday

Slow down...Too much logic for some on these boards...don't you know that he was pouting on the bench and sitting in a corner during practice???... that is what some on here would like for him to be doing to promote their agendas...
Lets hear your excuses for SW not showing up for senior day.
I can think of very few that would qualify.....

I’ve said this 15 times on here. In Cal’s own words in one of his books (Bounce Back, I think), he says he lies about injuries to hide disciplinary action or other stuff.
Correct. I have a signed copy I once cherished. Now I wish Cal would be inspired to follow his own catch phrase and "Bounce Back" to form.

What in the world are you talking about? Wheeler was a fairly productive
player for 2 years. He clearly earned his scholarship. He has serious flaws
as a player. I'm sure most fans won't miss him. That doesn't mean that his
time at UK represented malpractice by Cal. If you think you're going to
get rid of Cal with that type of nonsense you are delusional.
Wheeler sucked. Hard.

Oh my god! Can we please get off this man's back? There is no evidence
he faked injuries. He sat on the bench and cheered for his teammates despite being injured.
I'm guessing he was disgruntled but not for the reasons many of you claim.
He got plenty of playing time this year. I don't believe he was upset about
his role on the team. In my opinion, he and his family are upset about the hate
and the vitriol that has been directed towards him. He is not one of my favorite
players but unlike many of you I don't despise him.
stupidity at its finest

So a player who was trying to practice with his team and trying to get back to playing full-time quit on his team...

"So we'll see. He'll go through the shoot-around. We'll practice a little bit after this, and then the docs and the trainers will tell me what they think."

"I was able to participate in almost a full practice," Wheeler said Thursday. "I went live a little bit. I was able to run up and down and did some workouts. We had a couple of days off from the regular season to the SEC tournament, so I couldn't get in the gym. I was doing a lot of treatment and massaging.

Sounds like it wasn't solely his decision on if he was going to play and why was he still going through treatment if he wasn't injured? Were the training staff and docs behind this ruse that he wanted to quit on the team?...

Some of you love drama...keeps us level-headed fans entertained...
He was still going through treatment after FIVE WEEKS on a sprained ankle??? What is his ankle made of, applesauce?

Told the Folks on HOB weeks ago he Quit on the Team!

They Roasted me. Be interesting if anyone of them Man Up & Apologize!

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
And, that is the very definition of a selfish, me-first player, who isn’t willing to do anything/everything for his brothers & the team’s best interest. He pouted when he didn’t get his way & reality set in. Accepting a lesser role is, obviously, beneath him despite every metric in existence showing that the team was better without him playing 30mpg.

He, apparently, was butt-hurt & still expected starter minutes even if it came at the team’s expense. Personally, I’d take the player with lesser stats & greater character over a selfish, delusional cancer with better numbers, every single time. IMO, sitting to preserve his stats is a far worse look than his numbers going down due to less floor time.
Our whole program is littered with selfish, me first players. That is the culture that the coach in charge has built. I'll sound like him for a moment, but blame him and not the players. It's the one thing he says that makes sense.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Suspended? Sheesh.

Jack Givens said on a postgame, I think it was senior game, that Wheeler had a back procedure and was getting around better now. I have a hard time believing that Jack was a part of the misinformation, if there was any. Perhaps he was not supposed to mention the surgery, etc, but it came out.

Told the Folks on HOB weeks ago he Quit on the Team!

They Roasted me. Be interesting if anyone of them Man Up & Apologize!
Then why was Wheeler trying to get back to practicing at full speed so that he could play during the tourney? Why was Cal getting feedback from trainers and docs after these practices to determine if Wheeler is good to go? Why was Wheeler receiving treatment after these practices if he was supposedly healthy?

You probably won't return with anything but speculation again but I will wait to hear what evidence you have that he quit...

I think it suggests that he was kidnapped by Q: The Winged Serpent, that the Marie Celeste was manned by vicunas, and that Dr Crippen was framed by Pope Leo XIII. And I have very reasonable reasons.

Rupp Rafters: Wheeler sucks!

Also Rupp Rafters: How dare Wheeler transfer!

Even if Wheeler were in perfect health, it would make sense for him to transfer if Wagner, Dillingham, and Sheppard all attend UK.
No. Here’s the truth:

Most of us: Wheeler isn’t the Guy

Also Most of Us: We performed better without him. Wish he would’ve been benched sooner. He did in fact quit on the team. Glad he’s moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT