ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeler injury seems more suspicious with transfer

at 35 I could have played him even .. no scratch that ish' I could have beat his ass .. my threes to his scoops !
BS. Kid led the SEC in assists 2 years in a row and was an All SEC player. At 19 you weren't getting picked to play with the black guys at the park. Come on guys, he struggled at times, but could play.

Our whole program is littered with selfish, me first players. That is the culture that the coach in charge has built. I'll sound like him for a moment, but blame him and not the players. It's the one thing he says that makes sense.
The concept that Cal handles his teams with is that by the end of the season they should be able to coach themselves, and hold each other accountable. That is the exact opposite of having selfish players. This year, we had too many players that refused to shoot. That is the opposite of selfish. Some of you should watch the games and not read this board for a month and develop your own opinion, instead of just reverting to the opinion of the majority on this board that wants to do nothing but trash the program, from the AD, to the coach, to the players.

Reactions: LmdCat
BS. Kid led the SEC in assists 2 years in a row and was an All SEC player. At 19 you weren't getting picked to play with the black guys at the park. Come on guys, he struggled at times, but could play.
It was small amount of hyperbole to make a point , he sucked at putting the ball in the hoop and I could flat fill it up .. and I played with the dudes too . Google how many state champs came from Portsmouth Oh HS , and FF's , one of the richest histories in Ohio. I grew up playing with all those guys

Our whole program is littered with selfish, me first players. That is the culture that the coach in charge has built. I'll sound like him for a moment, but blame him and not the players. It's the one thing he says that makes sense.
Players First Baby!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
So a player who was trying to practice with his team and trying to get back to playing full-time quit on his team...

"So we'll see. He'll go through the shoot-around. We'll practice a little bit after this, and then the docs and the trainers will tell me what they think."

"I was able to participate in almost a full practice," Wheeler said Thursday. "I went live a little bit. I was able to run up and down and did some workouts. We had a couple of days off from the regular season to the SEC tournament, so I couldn't get in the gym. I was doing a lot of treatment and massaging.

Sounds like it wasn't solely his decision on if he was going to play and why was he still going through treatment if he wasn't injured? Were the training staff and docs behind this ruse that he wanted to quit on the team?...

Some of you love drama...keeps us level-headed fans entertained...
Do you remember last year when cow sent Sharpe to the scorers table to check in and then pulled him back? He was clearly never going in that game. Then said he didn’t know the plays yet etc? Did you believe that then, and do you believe that now looking back?
If the answers are yes and yes no further explain needed.
Cow loves messing with the fans, the media etc. It was all cute and funny when he was winning. Not so cute anymore.

• Love
It was small amount of hyperbole to make a point , he sucked at putting the ball in the hoop and I could flat fill it up .. and I played with the dudes too . Google how many state champs came from Portsmouth Oh HS , and FF's , one of the richest histories in Ohio. I grew up playing with all those guys
I hate to break your balls after I feel like we have made good, but "were you one of those guys" or did you just play with those guys. Kareem played with guys in his hometown that sucked.

• Love
I hate to break your balls after I feel like we have made good, but "were you one of those guys" or did you just play with those guys. Kareem played with guys in his hometown that sucked.
Heck BBB I’m too old for putting on the ole letter jacket .. let’s just stay positive and root on our beloved Cats .
But no I wasn’t “ the “ guy or the first pick at the courts .. but I dang sure wasn’t last :)

No problem , swing for the fences BBB... went and watched HS softball tonight , Coaching is so bad its damn near criminal .
My granddaughter's former travel coach is the hitting coach for South Carolina now. Coaching at Catholic High isn't even close to what it used to be.

Lmao! Wheeler’s game is trash.
I'm sure you ran the courts at the local park. How many UK point guards have let the SEC in assists? That is not an easy task. You will tell me how awesome Oscar was at rebounding, but assists knocked us out of the tournament this year.

• Love
Yes, he could. He was a playground legend of Ashland. He was about 10 years older than me, but, I played with him at the Central Park courts countless times, in our younger days.
We recruited him to play in a " open" mens tourney when I still about 18 , somewhere around Scioto Co .. Far better player than I ever was . Dude was seriously good in a street ball setting .. might have had a great HS career. , he was 5-6 years older than me I think .

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Yeah I’ve heard the name. He much be much older than I.
He’s around 60, now. I’ll be 50 in July & still can’t wrap my head around it, lol. Feels like I was 25 a cpl years ago. Blink & 5 years go by.

We recruited him to play in a " open" mens tourney when I still about 18 , somewhere around Scioto Co .. Far better player than I ever was . Dude was seriously good in a street ball setting .. might have had a great HS career. , he was 5-6 years older than me I think .
No exaggeration, he’s one of the best players to come out of Ashland. He was good enough to play D1, for sure. But, he had some issues & basketball wasn’t his top priority, from what I understand.

He’s around 60, now. I’ll be 50 in July & still can’t wrap my head around it, lol. Feels like I was 25 a cpl years ago. Blink & 5 years go by.

No exaggeration, he’s one of the best players to come out of Ashland. He was good enough to play D1, for sure. But, he had some issues & basketball wasn’t his top priority, from what I understand.
Happens here a lot buddy. That or HS politics get in the way. Sad but true.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I'm sure you ran the courts at the local park. How many UK point guards have let the SEC in assists? That is not an easy task. You will tell me how awesome Oscar was at rebounding, but assists knocked us out of the tournament this year.
You don't need to be Gordon Ramsay to know that a hamburger ain't a filet.

Its just time to move on from this. At some point we're doing more harm than good to the program by beating this poor, dead horse and unless Cal or Wheeler decide to change their version of what happened ...... we can come up with Grassy Knoll theories all we want. There isn't going to be any resolution.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT