ADVERTISEMENT

What's the one thing your spouse does

Constantly interrupting me asking do I need help no matter what I am doing around the house. Can't make a move without her trying to get involved. I tell her that I managed for 42 years before she came along and am not too old to fix my own breakfast or lunch.

She does careless crap like forgets to lock the doors when she goes to work or leaves the stove on or a curling iron on all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: kev69 and KyCatFan
Love my wife, great help to me

That being said, she NEVER puts anything back where she found it. Tools in the garage, pens from my work desk, records we need for taxes, etc. After she touches them, they will be dropped wherever she is standing. And for the things she keeps up with, there is no one place to look, so I spend a lot of time looking for stuff that should always be in one place

[Of course she would say that I NEVER put all the dishes away in the dishwasher, and leave my closet doors open in the bedroom, both of which drive her up the wall]

2u2d48.jpg

Where do I start?

Spends more time talking on the phone then talking to the family (mostly about cheer drama to other cheer moms).

Puts toilet paper on holder backwards. It's supposed to face out from the wall.

Wants to cook big meals but not clean up afterwards (mostly food I don't eat as well).

Lets the dogs in without making sure they are dry (yard tends to stay wet a while after raining) because she is to busy talking on the phone (see issue 1).

Can't fall asleep without having tv on, but doesn't ever set sleep timer. I always have to turn it off myself since I am up later than her.

Treats her vehicle like it is part trash can (always finding bottles and other garbage in there) and then wonders why I don't want her using my vehicle and I get mad when she does and I find trash in my car.

I could go on and on.

2u2d48.jpg

Where do I start?

Spends more time talking on the phone then talking to the family (mostly about cheer drama to other cheer moms).

Puts toilet paper on holder backwards. It's supposed to face out from the wall.

Wants to cook big meals but not clean up afterwards (mostly food I don't eat as well).

Lets the dogs in without making sure they are dry (yard tends to stay wet a while after raining) because she is to busy talking on the phone (see issue 1).

Can't fall asleep without having tv on, but doesn't ever set sleep timer. I always have to turn it off myself since I am up later than her.

Treats her vehicle like it is part trash can (always finding bottles and other garbage in there) and then wonders why I don't want her using my vehicle and I get mad when she does and I find trash in my car.

I could go on and on.

That sounds awful.

If she has moved something that I am looking for,a nd i ask if she knows where it is, she always says it "might" be where she put it.

Like she doesn't want to admit she knows where it is because she moved the GD thing. And she doesn't volunteer the info. I have to ask.

Reactions: kev69
A friend told me the following joke years ago when I got married. He said that I wouldn't understand it until I had been married a while like him:

Two married Fellas, Jim and Alec were having a beer after work. Jim says: "Have you ever said something when you meant to say something else?" "How do you mean?" said Alec.

"Well, see the other day, I went to buy airline tickets. The rather attractive sales clerk was wearing a low cut blouse and instead of two tickets to Pittsburgh, I asked for “two Pickets to Titsberg"

"Yeah, I know what you mean," said Alec. "Last week I was having breakfast with my wife. I looked at her and meant to say 'Please pass me the Sugar.' But what came out was "You bitch, you've ruined my life!!!"

She doesn't turn the lights off when she leaves a room. If I come home in the middle of the day, there's lights on all over the house and she's gone. I'm surprised we don't constantly blow fuses.

Also, she has low power lights and those little battery powered candles all over the place. The house is lit up all night. Some are at least on timers, some stay on 24/7.

I wondered why we bought batteries in bulk. Hell, I only use a couple a year. It's the damn candle lights!

I'm just the opposite. When I'm home alone, I turn off all that shit and walk around in the dark.

Currently playing a very passive-aggressive game of “Will she throw that fast food bag away?” Going on two days. I’ll keep everyone posted.

These Yeti/RTIC cups are great, but around here they stay dirty until they are all used and then, and only then, will they get washed. I have 1 (one) that I use daily. She has upwards of 7. I have washed my last one of hers. Seven day old coffee is not pretty.

Clothes.Everywhere.

Me: buys a snack at the store not for immediate consumption
Her: eats it

I love her more than life itself, but this was cathartic.

Love my wife, great help to me

That being said, she NEVER puts anything back where she found it. Tools in the garage, pens from my work desk, records we need for taxes, etc. After she touches them, they will be dropped wherever she is standing. And for the things she keeps up with, there is no one place to look, so I spend a lot of time looking for stuff that should always be in one place

[Of course she would say that I NEVER put all the dishes away in the dishwasher, and leave my closet doors open in the bedroom, both of which drive her up the wall]
Along those lines, we've stored glasses in cabinet A for years but when I look they're not there. I'll ask where they are & she gets pissed & says "look" & then says I moved them to cabinet B. WTF? 48+ years now.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
No matter where we're at or whoever we're with my wife talks on the phone so loud that ......
Just thinking about it broke my concentration............:chairshot:

I told the Mrs. about this; she said to tell you all her complaints are that I dick around on the Cats Pause too damn much.

Reactions: rudd1
I once threw away every unnecessary throw pillow in the house while she was at work.

I'll do it again too if that woman ever tries to put a bunch of pointless shit all over the place again, too. I ain't scared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT