ADVERTISEMENT

What would Calipari have done with the Arkansas roster (plus Quaintance) at UK?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Minus Travon Brazile, of course. What would Cal have done with an experienced roster at Kentucky?

C - Quaintance - Aidoo
F - Big Z - Thiero
G - Davis - Knox
G - Wagner - Richmond - Perry
G - Fland - Wagner - Perry

That would have likely been the makeup of the Kentucky roster had Cal stayed.

Not gonna lie. That's a ton of talent. All five starters have draft potential, and Fland, Z, and Quaintance will probably be first round picks.

Thoughts?

Reactions: chroix
Wagner wouldn’t have gotten any better. Fland would have had an off and on ankle injury and never really panned out. Quantenance would have not played and then transferred mid season. Then they’d get it together for a stretch during conference. Earn a bye in the SECT. Drop the first game and then lose as a 5 seed in the second weekend to 12 San Jose State.

Minus Travon Brazile, of course. What would Cal have done with an experienced roster at Kentucky?

C - Quaintance - Aidoo
F - Big Z - Thiero
G - Davis - Knox

Not gonna lie. That's a ton of talent. All five starters have draft potential, and Fland, Z, and Quaintance will probably be first round picks.

Thoughts?
10 losses, 3rd in the SEC and a round of 32 finish.

That is hard to answer since we wouldn't know which two starters Cal would have on the bench to start the games. With the shooting being a question, not sure how to judge that bunch from playing behind all the time.

C - Quaintance - Aidoo
F - Big Z - Thiero
G - Davis - Knox

Thoughts?
What about Cyril

Would of been another 10 loss season, no wins in the SEC or ncaa tournament and beat no one of significance.

Been a lot of bickering and fighting on the boards with 95% of the fanbase wanting him gone and the 5% delusional cal fans pointing out what a wonderful roster we would have for the next season.

Rinse repeat

So glad he's gone

I would be somewhat worried going into next season with that roster and Cal as the coach

Hmmm, are we just gonna ignore your posting history about Calipari? You were attacking posters for saying this exact type of stuff up until the day he left. It’s fine, just wondering if you did so much as offered an apology of any kind before you pretended it didn’t happen?

Appreciate the response I’ll throw you a like.

Calipari would have done the exact same thing he always does. That team is still young and lacks outside shooting. He is still one of the worst floor coaches in the SEC. He has a terrible coaching staff and that wouldn’t have changed either. Chin is terrible, Payne is terrible, and Orlando is nothing but a recruiter because recruiting is all Calipari cares about.

You’d be looking at a 4-8 seed and a 1st or second round exit more then likely.

Hmmm, are we just gonna ignore your posting history about Calipari? You were attacking posters for saying this exact type of stuff up until the day he left. It’s fine, just wondering if you did so much as offered an apology of any kind before you pretended it didn’t happen?

Appreciate the response I’ll throw you a like.
John Calipari is no longer the coach at Kentucky and that’s as far as my support goes.
My allegiance is to this team and whomever is associated with it. Don’t expect any apology for an opinion different than yours. I’m not that kind of guy.

John Calipari is no longer the coach at Kentucky and that’s as far as my support goes.
My allegiance is to this team and whomever is associated with it. Don’t expect any apology for an opinion different than yours. I’m not that kind of guy.

Well that’s fine I have pride issues at times myself. I guess you’re admitting you were just being a fan and lying about your position about him? I’m just saying you used to really attack people for saying exactly what you’re saying now. It’s just kind of odd or, hypocritical, I suppose.

I’m a fan myself however he was detrimental to the program so why would I support a guy that was detrimental to my program? To me anyway, I don’t put loyalty to a coach ahead of the program. If they’re good for Kentucky I’m in, if they’re not I’m out. Never understood the concept of supporting bad coaches that don’t put Kentucky in the best place to win. Going on the attack then Flip flopping is kind of my pet peeve that’s the only reason I ask. No big deal. I promised a like and you shall receive.

You guys are the ones who wanted Cal gone and now that he's gone you can't shut up about him but you expect people not to suspect that's because somewhere within you you know you were better off with him in Lexington than you are now with him in Fayetteville.

o-my-god-who-the-hell-cares.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT