ADVERTISEMENT

What was the first game (if any?) that you cried at ?

FrankUnderwood

All-American
Gold Member
May 26, 2017
Bluegrass State!
fun topic -

I cried (meaning a few straggler tears lol) / misty eyed ---) for the first time in 97 when I was like 12/13 when we lost to Zona in the title game. I was so sad/ mad/ upset lol

Then, the nxt year I cried when we got down like 17( or was it 19?) to Duke - totally thought we were gonna lose. My buddy even called me to vent/ share his sadness
- but hell if I wasn't wrong- Euphorically happy after that game

Kinda did when we lost to WVU with wall, Cousins and Bledsoe

Then I "cried" when we beat Kansas in 12 with Davis and Co

The I def had a couple tears when we lost to Wisconsin in the FF

Real mean have tears lol

1968 Mideast Regional against Ohio State. I was 10 at the time and we lost 82-81. Cried like a baby...but I've been a proud card-holding member of BBN ever since.

1995 regional final against UNC. I was 12. I had trouble breathing I was crying so hard. My parents told me if I ever cried again after a loss, I'd never be allowed to watch any more games. That dried me up real quickly.

Reactions: Mrwildcatmsm
1968 Mideast Regional against Ohio State. I was 10 at the time and we lost 82-81. Cried like a baby...but I've been a proud card-holding member of BBN ever since.

This was the first and only time for me. Alas, Coach Rupp never got his 5th and that was a great opportunity; especially with Lanier going down in the East regional finals.

1997 I was 7 and I cried.

UAB.... I cried harder on that one. I really loved that team

2010 I cried. I was 20 years old and I cried like a little baby because after sucking for so long I just knew that team was destined.

I cried when we won in 2012 against Kansas

I didn't cry right then but when I got home I had a few tears against Wisconsin. Watched that game with my girlfriend

HS sweet sixteen in 87, Rupp Arena, 7 years old, saw Rex there, finally got up the courage to go ask him for an autograph only to be denied with some rude comments and get my first glimpse of what a POS he really was.

Thankful that these types of situations would never happen with players under Cal.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Believe it was 1970 when we lost to Jacksonville in NCAA.....Issel gets a bogus 5th foul call.

I was almost 11 and just cried like a baby

Reactions: YouKay
When I was 8 years old, I hit a 30 footer just after the buzzer that would have been a game winner. I cried when the referee waved it off.

I don't think I've ever cried after a UK game.

I was a month away from my 30th birthday, but I'll admit, I teared up a bit after we beat Wisconsin in '14. Watching those guys celebrate that win on the floor once the horn sounded was awesome. After that I didn't think there was a chance in hell they'd lose to UConn after winning all those games in the tournament the way they had. Unfortunately I was wrong. I've never cried after a loss though. I probably did when I was younger but can't remember. Usually I'm just filled with rage!

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
1992 verse Duke. I cried when I punched a stop sign after running out of my house. Broke my hand. #truestory

Lol ya, I punched the siding of my house when we lost to WVU in 2010- punched it hard. Idk if I broke it but it was severely "sprained" for a good 4 weeks or so

Great responses

I think the one that stings the most and always will, is the whisky game that we lost

So much emotion that season, building up to 40-0... I thought we had it: especially when we went up 4.

That loss still stings if I think about it to much. My buddy was over and we were supposed to drink some beers and have a fire after the game.
As soon as the final whistle blue we kinda just stared at each other awkwardly lol, 5 min small talk then he bounced and went home lol

- 1984 Final Four vs Georgetown. I was in my teens. Incredible frustration, we could not hit a shot. And incredible Georgetown thugball, just unbelievable.

- 1992 Duke of course

- 1996 Championship game

- Senior Nights for Reggie Hanson and Joe Crawford

- Unveiling of the Unforgettables banner in the Rafters

- When John Wall did the dance at Big Blue Madness- I knew we were back

Mostly I've raged and shouted and thrown things though. I've calmed down a lot over the years lol

Reactions: DanHalen88
I was 16 in 97 and I think that was my first time too . I know I did when we lost to Marquette ( still think I took that lose worse then any as I locked myself in my apartment for 3 days and missed college ect and didn't leave) . The Wisconsin in 14 was bad but the thing was I sorta saw that coming as I knew the pressure of being undefeated might break our backs and it did.

I cried tears of joy in 96 , 12 and also when we beat Arkansas in the SEC finals in 95 I believe the year was . After Rhodes missing those freebies to win it in Regualtion I thought we were toast but we pulled it out . Not sure why for that game but the first UK team I got invested in was the 95 team who lost to UNC in the elite 8.

a4990af0ea8b.jpg

fun topic -

I cried (meaning a few straggler tears lol) / misty eyed ---) for the first time in 97 when I was like 12/13 when we lost to Zona in the title game. I was so sad/ mad/ upset lol

Then, the nxt year I cried when we got down like 17( or was it 19?) to Duke - totally thought we were gonna lose. My buddy even called me to vent/ share his sadness
- but hell if I wasn't wrong- Euphorically happy after that game

Kinda did when we lost to WVU with wall, Cousins and Bledsoe

Then I "cried" when we beat Kansas in 12 with Davis and Co

The I def had a couple tears when we lost to Wisconsin in the FF

Real mean have tears lol
Mine was against an ASU team that Ky was 100 percent from the ft line that game. The reason i cried was a lady in front of me lost her balance and fell back elbowing me in the nads ,causing snot to fly out my nose. My eyes watered for half an hour.

This one was very easy it's when my passion escalated to a full blown passionate addiction when this happened. I was 10 years old and I watched the 92 game with puke. I cried like a baby that night and started using cuss words in anger. It took me over a week to get over it and the therapy session really helped(jk about the thearpy) but from the day on my passion grew ever so deep and I will never forget it. I cried myself to sleep that night and a few nights after.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT