ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to TW and when?

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
I don’t recall seeing him injured during the game against Missouri? Maybe that’s why Gatewood was in on last drive?

Anyone hear what the injury was or when it happened?

Wilson’s shoulder was bothering him in the TN game I believe and just got worse. Not sure if he landed on it or just really sore. Can’t be from throwing too many passes.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
He's also looked significantly slower in the run game this year.
People need to be fair...Terry was running around 2 years ago vs. Florida like a jack rabbit. Running away from LBers and DE, etc...

Unfortunately, he's not the same guy athletically as he was before he got hurt. And even before the injury last year, Terry just isn't durable during a season. He gets dinged up and it really impacts him physically.

People need to be fair...Terry was running around 2 years ago vs. Florida like a jack rabbit. Running away from LBers and DE, etc...

Unfortunately, he's not the same guy athletically as he was before he got hurt. And even before the injury last year, Terry just isn't durable during a season. He gets dinged up and it really impacts him physically.
Yep all these scrambles he's doing and running out of bounds for 3-4 yard losses, used to be plays he would beat a DL or LB and get us 3-4 yards.

Wilson’s shoulder was bothering him in the TN game I believe and just got worse. Not sure if he landed on it or just really sore. Can’t be from throwing too many passes.

If he was not 100%, then his A$$ shouldn't have been out there. If it was bothering him in the Tenn. game and got worse, why did Stoops start him, and have him throwing the first three passes in the game. If he was hurting, we have other QB's, or does Coach Stoops know that?

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

If he was not 100%, then his A$$ shouldn't have been out there. If it was bothering him in the Tenn. game and got worse, why did Stoops start him, and have him throwing the first three passes in the game. If he was hurting, we have other QB's, or does Coach Stoops know that?

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Don’t think it was serious then but has continued to be aggravated. No player after 5 games is 100%. They’re all beat up. It’s also perfect timing to sit him out of practice it allows them to give the majority of the reps to Gatewood. And also a few to Allen. It’s not like the Sawyer Smith shoulder where his had been separated

Reactions: DanCat17
Don’t think it was serious then but has continued to be aggravated. No player after 5 games is 100%. They’re all beat up. It’s also perfect timing to sit him out of practice it allows them to give the majority of the reps to Gatewood. And also a few to Allen. It’s not like the Sawyer Smith shoulder where his had been separated

I doubt if Gatewood or Allen are beat up!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

So our staff thinks Wilson at less than 100% is better than either Gatewood or Allen? I can't imagine what they're seeing in practice that leads them to that conclusion. Did we learn nothing from trying to play a QB who was physically unable to play at a high enough level to be effective?

Reactions: jnewc2
So our staff thinks Wilson at less than 100% is better than either Gatewood or Allen? I can't imagine what they're seeing in practice that leads them to that conclusion. Did we learn nothing from trying to play a QB who was physically unable to play at a high enough level to be effective?

Well they held him out yesterday and seems to be looking at Gatewood this week. Just speculation but it does seem they are moving away from him. We’re not there so everything is just speculation. Also, they’re not going to publicly say what their intentions are.

Reactions: BlueTick2
I think he lost his initial half step in the injury vs sc two years ago. He was never quite the same after that. I also think it effected his ability to drive when throwing the ball, which caused him to develop bad habits. That is why so many passes sail on him.

The injury last year slowed him another full step. Like another poster said, now lbers are running him out of bounds after very little/no gains.

Unfortunately the player who athletically dominated in the swamp is no more.

I want Allen in for a 1/2. I want to see if he is what a lot of people think he is. Someone used the example to me that he would remind you a lot of the QB from Missouri this past Saturday.

Reactions: wildcatdonf

These.

I want Allen in for a 1/2. I want to see if he is what a lot of people think he is. Someone used the example to me that he would remind you a lot of the QB from Missouri this past Saturday.

Couldn’t be any worse than our QB play last week. If they put in another QB I just hope theygive him more than 1 series. Need time to get in a rhythm

He's also looked significantly slower in the run game this year.
I think he lost his initial half step in the injury vs sc two years ago. He was never quite the same after that. I also think it effected his ability to drive when throwing the ball, which caused him to develop bad habits. That is why so many passes sail on him.

The injury last year slowed him another full step. Like another poster said, now lbers are running him out of bounds after very little/no gains.

THIS!!
Against Missouri, Terry was ran down on a keeper to the sideline twice and looked extremely slower than he was his first season here or even last year.

He is still pretty good running North and South, but his lateral quickness and speed have definitely deteriorated from 2 years ago.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
The Missouri quarterback has the advantage of playing in an imaginative offense however .

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot

He hasn't been stepping into his throws like he used to, but he has thrown some good passes here and there. I don't know what's up with him, but I appreciate what he's done since he's been here. We wouldn't have 1/2 the recruits we have gotten since 2018 without him.

I just hope they can get someone ready to run the whole offense by Saturday

So as of today....Terry has missed two practices this week. So I don't see Terry playing vs. UGA and Gatewood gets the ball IMO.

But back to the point of this thread...Terry just gets dinged up so easily even aside from his big knee injury last year. He played a ton of 2018 hurt according to Stoops after the season....to be honest 2020 looks like a replay to be honest with the exception that he's lost a step from last year's injury.

At this point, there is little reason to play Terry unless Gatewood gets knicked up and we want to RS Beau Allen.

1. At best we'll get to 5 wins...and that might be a stretch.
2. We are out of SEC East race....and with bowls in Covid year....who knows what invite you are playing for (even if we have minor bowls).
3. We've taken a huge step back in running with our QB from Bowden but the step up in throwing hasn't been substantial. So why not go with a 6'5 250 lb QB that can run thru some tackles at times and maybe he's a better passer (maybe not). But Gatewood w/o a doubt to me is a better running threat that Terry and I just can't imagine he's a big downgrade throwing (Terry is throwing for jsut over 100 yards a game in 5 games....that is terrible).

Terry should go down in UK lore as the guy who was really good in the W in the Swamp and broke a miserable streak. He also Qb on some good wins (Penn St, Tennessee, etc...) but he's not a very good QB that deserves the job and stiffle the program for rest of year and development down the road.

Again, everyone gets a redshirt this year, even if they play 14 games.

With this rule in place this year it just pure stubbornness if Stoops does not give Allen a few series in every game the rest of the Season. I can see early in Season trying to give Terry all the snaps as possible but at this point this Season has become a 5 game training camp for Next Season.

This is true, just can’t believe it went from outrunning CJ Henderson, a 4.3 guy, who took a great angle to not being able to outrun middle of the pack D Lineman and LBs

Who's he going to throw it to? All of our receivers are usually covered up. Is Allen a threat with his legs?

This is true, just can’t believe it went from outrunning CJ Henderson, a 4.3 guy, who took a great angle to not being able to outrun middle of the pack D Lineman and LBs
Knee injuries do that. More likely it's a wear and tear type of issue. Terry looked really fast against Auburn and Ole Miss. He was legitimately beating their LBs. By the time Miss State game was over he wasn't out running anyone. It's likely his knee injury starts to swell up and slow him down the more games he gets into the season. There's a big difference between Terry right now and Terry back in August when he was well rested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT