ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell happened?

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
I wasn’t able to watch. Just saw the score. Someone give me the gist of it. Don’t bother with the cal can’t coach. I’m already assuming it was a poorly coached game. What else happened?

We suck

They abused us in the post over and over and over and over and over. We had a shot to tie or take lead on last shot and went with Reed lobbing it to back cutter from three point line, Reed made a horrible read and threw the pass when the play was well covered, threw it away.,

Were down 2 with 4 mins left in first half. Down 10 at halftime.

Charged back in 2nd half...honestly a lot of incredible plays. Was a fun game to watch in terms of fast break and exciting plays.

Took a lead by 6 I believe. Squandered it because Cal wouldn't do anything to limit their bigs getting ball. Bradshaw in particular got absolutely torched.

Had a chance to tie or take lead at end and bad pass by Reed. Game.

We couldn’t get stops when we needed. When we did get stops, we couldn’t score. Played some strange lineups. Ran a bad play, with poor execution, at the end to turn it over.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I wasn’t able to watch. Just saw the score. Someone give me the gist of it. Don’t bother with the cal can’t coach. I’m already assuming it was a poorly coached game. What else happened?

We suck
Kentucky couldn't rebound, so couldn't get transition points. Gonzaga scored probably 15 of their last 20 possessions from about 2ft. Kentucky just couldn't get a stop down low. Shepp had a nice second half. Burks got some run, but kept fouling. Ugo looked very weak. Z looked kinda lost.

Reactions: law1127

We suck
NO. If you were serious you'd crumble inside like the rest of us :D

We suck
3 7 footers got bullied

Reactions: blubo
They abused us in the post over and over and over and over and over. We had a shot to tie or take lead on last shot and went with Reed lobbing it to back cutter from three point line, Reed made a horrible read and threw the pass when the play was well covered, threw it away.,
The players were not totally to blame. Cal’s strategy was to just let the Zags get the ball 5 feet from the bucket and take his chances on the Zags missing. Newsflash Cal, a 5 foot shot is a pretty high % shot.

Last edited:

We suck
Lineups of Ugo, Burks and Edwards. Ugo can't grab a ball to save his life. Cal let DJ chuckit too long after missing a month and of course got taken to school by Few with the same inside play over and over. And their big even fouled out, didn't matter.

Then Few up 3 did what your supposed to, fouled us before we could shoot.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’m a huge Kentucky fan. But not watching today was the way to go. I’m still pissed, but it’s much easier to swallow when you don’t invest anything into the game

I mean this in the NICEST way possible but if Rockyfly is shitting on this team, you know it’s bad 😂

We suck
What do you think? We allow a basket every time down the court.

21 feet of scraps in the middle, they can’t guard me! Not sure they can box me out either!!

We suck
Read my questions thread. I posted what I saw and heard.

That’s the crazy thing. His defense has always been good. We finally get an offense and now you can’t stop anyone? Maybe don’t recruit anymore soft add kids. I hate finesse teams
Then he can’t coach offense, it’s a lose lose situation now. He can’t beat modern teams anymore. Hasn’t in years. He’s toast.

Probably the only team in college BB with 7 footers and no post up game and no zone. Cal needs to be fired.

Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT