ADVERTISEMENT

What happened between a UK basketball player and FSU football player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will never know, because neither Matt nor anyone else will tell it. But I think we all know something was off last season. That's for sure.

We were too good at points to suck as bad as we did at times.

I was curious, so I googled to see if I could find anything. I did randomly find that Cam'Ron Fletcher and LSU women's player Angel Reese of Final Four fame are an item. Totally random.
Well that's interesting.

Reactions: SosaUK1987
The caller said it was on TikTok and involved a starter. The obvious candidates are CJ and Blair but who knows??? I’m more interested in what MJ said after. He confirmed there was an issue with last years team that started last year in the summer and came to a head before the South Carolina game but refused to go into more detail. Why would you allude to something like that publicly and then refuse to speak about it? Just to prove that you have connections? It’s rude and infuriating but I suspect MJ was caught off guard by the caller and divulged the existence of “an issue” when he normally wouldn’t have mentioned it.

The caller said it was on TikTok and involved a starter. The obvious candidates are CJ and Blair but who knows??? I’m more interested in what MJ said after. He confirmed there was an issue with last years team that started last year in the summer and came to a head before the South Carolina game but refused to go into more detail. Why would you allude to something like that publicly and then refuse to speak about it? Just to prove that you have connections? It’s rude and infuriating but I suspect MJ was caught off guard by the caller and divulged the existence of “an issue” when he normally wouldn’t have mentioned it.
That's what I gathered. It sounded that way...he wasn't flustered but it was more like, "well, crap now I need to acknowledge that something happened...."

Reactions: UKMKG
That's what I gathered. It sounded that way...he wasn't flustered but it was more like, "well, crap now I need to acknowledge that something happened...."
He doesn't know. He likes to pretend he knows something about everything and then says "I shouldn't go into that"

It is a really convenient way to pretend like you know something and then not have to give any specifics. I bet if someone made up a rumor and then called it, he'd confirm he's hearing the same things and that he can't talk about it.

He doesn't know. He likes to pretend he knows something about everything and then says "I shouldn't go into that"

It is a really convenient way to pretend like you know something and then not have to give any specifics. I bet if someone made up a rumor and then called it, he'd confirm he's hearing the same things and that he can't talk about it.
I don't know if he knows or not. But Ryan is usually pretty good at "scoop" and Kentucky media people do talk. So, it wouldn't surprise me if every Kentucky media person knew something about it.

Can't name names but Matt J does get a lot of information... too many connections and people in Fayette County blab all the time. Correct or incorrect information.

From my connection I have been blown away by some of the stories along with validation of other rumors/story's.

Most of them are from past teams and players... We have had several teams with massive drama and turmoil that occurred while I assumed everything was dandy... I'm not the biggest MJ fan but when you roll in his circle information gets handed to you on the daily..

Nothing happened so there is nothing for Dookie Matt Jones to pretend to know. The problem on the basketball team this past season was simply a lack of talent. They actually over achieved with the talent present.

Pure speculation but Toppin was struggling mightly during the time frame Matt eluded to. I recall Toppin even bringing up mental health, etc.

The caller mentioned whatever happened caused the player to go into a funk. So my guess is is either Toppin, Wheeler or CJ. Seems like CJ mostly struggled due to injury and Wheeler because he lost his position.

Just a guess...

Pure speculation but Toppin was struggling mightly during the time frame Matt eluded to. I recall Toppin even bringing up mental health, etc.

The caller mentioned whatever happened caused the player to go into a funk. So my guess is is either Toppin, Wheeler or CJ. Seems like CJ mostly struggled due to injury and Wheeler because he lost his position.

Just a guess...
You could have picked a lot of players in a funk.

It was confirmed on another board that the women's player is Maddie Scherr and the FSU player is Mycah Pittman. They were at Oregon together prior to transferring and there was a breakup.

Don't know who the UK mens player is that was part of suspected drama.

That's it for my TMZ update today.

Guys I do know what happened. It’s pretty wild and honestly shocking. I don’t think in our wildest dreams we would’ve thought up this insane scenario but it definitely explains a lot and sheds a lot of light on our results last year, and is a big reason with the coaching changes and Cals different attitude this offseason. Obviously I can’t go into any details but it was pretty major.

Guys I do know what happened. It’s pretty wild and honestly shocking. I don’t think in our wildest dreams we would’ve thought up this insane scenario but it definitely explains a lot and sheds a lot of light on our results last year, and is a big reason with the coaching changes and Cals different attitude this offseason. Obviously I can’t go into any details but it was pretty major.
Why not? Never got the point of posts like this that just say "I know something BIG but I'm not gonna tell ya!"

If you're not willing to say it, then there's no reason to throw out the teaser.

Why not? Never got the point of posts like this that just say "I know something BIG but I'm not gonna tell ya!"

If you're not willing to say it, then there's no reason to throw out the teaser.

Look - all I’ll say is it’s pretty crazy. If you’ve read my posts you know I’ve been critical of Cal but I’ll cut him some slack due to how explosive and just generally beyond belief what happened. I can’t believe the team even managed to get to the tournament with something so outrageous and scandalous. Obviously I can’t mention anything at all about it whatsoever or even hint about anything about it but it all came to a head at the USC home game and almost changed the direction of the program as we know it.

Look - all I’ll say is it’s pretty crazy. If you’ve read my posts you know I’ve been critical of Cal but I’ll cut him some slack due to how explosive and just generally beyond belief what happened. I can’t believe the team even managed to get to the tournament with something so outrageous and scandalous. Obviously I can’t mention anything at all about it whatsoever or even hint about anything about it but it all came to a head at the USC home game and almost changed the direction of the program as we know it.
I call BS. If it were that "BIG" it would have leaked out way before now.

I call BS. If it were that "BIG" it would have leaked out way before now.

I get it but it’s not my place to divulge that type of info - which is pretty wild. I will say the players involved have already been mentioned in this thread. Is there anything odd you can think of that happened last year? Something with senior day that’s never happened (and won’t happen again) before? Anything seem odd about it? That’s all I’ll say.

Was Wheeler involved ?????

Oh the irony of this comment🤣🤣🤣

You don't know what Matt knows , but you are pretending you do.

I get a kick out of people fly-by commenting about what Matt Jones may or may not have said on his radio show, when they don't even listen.

I actually listened. A guy called in claiming inside info on a UK starter that went into a funk last season. He then claimed it was between said UK basketball player, a female UK athlete, and a wide-out at FSU. Matt quickly shut the conversation down, and hinted that there was internal drama in the team dating back to last summer, but he wasn't going to get into any specifics on anything.

Then you log on raftards and read people enraged at Matt when they don't even listen to the show. They just login on da catpaw, and take anything anyone says as verbatim as to what Matt Jones did that day. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I get it but it’s not my place to divulge that type of info - which is pretty wild. I will say the players involved have already been mentioned in this thread. Is there anything odd you can think of that happened last year? Something with senior day that’s never happened (and won’t happen again) before? Anything seem odd about it? That’s all I’ll say.

Boy be on laffin gas

So Sahvir Wheeler got Peter Warrick’s daughter, who played for the women’s team, pregnant? What does Ellen have to do with all of it???

Just a guess...

Had to be toppin or wheeler. CJ was in a perpetual slump so it wasn't him.

Jones went years with zero sources. People like tucker routinely out scooped him. That changed in the last few months. Guess they got O back or got in with Ulis.

I'm guessing ulis. O was their source while he was here the first to along with peevy but even after his return Jones still knew nothing. Jones info returning corresponds with Ulis joining the staff

I have no idea what any of this is all about but if your statement about something happening that almost changed the direction of our program is correct; well that would not have been all that bad since we were already heading in the wrong direction and any change of direction had to be upward.

Reactions: Ron Mehico

Hmm. So you're anonymous on a free internet message board, but you can't divulge anything. Yeah, that makes sense.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
He actually said he had no idea what the guy was referring to. Said their was an issue but he doesn't think that was it.

Reactions: bballcat4
Ohhhh … EXPLOSIVO!

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Hook. Line. And Sinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT