ADVERTISEMENT

What does the future look like for Mark Stoops?

Oct 29, 2014
Our rise has coincided with a historic down turn from several of our rivals in the east. Tennessee and Florida both experienced big league droughts during Stoops tenure, and South Carolina was in the wilderness after the relative halcyon days of their Spurrier era. How long do they all stay down? (I guess I shouldn’t include Tennessee here since we can’t beat them consistently anyway lol).

Our last 10 win season depended on getting a chance to play historically bad LSU and Florida teams and we still managed to give away at least one game we should have won. What happens when we go to 9 league games and the traditional East powers finally wake up? We are already playing with fire against mid majors, every year we start slow and look unprepared in those games. What happens when that’s ole miss or Texas instead of E Ky?

Stoops has certainly built a fine foundation but at this point we are paying him for the job he did 3-4 years ago. The job now is to compete and he doesn’t seem game for that challenge. Nothing against the guy, it’s just a gear he lacks. If this is what he wants to do, it can be done at Iowa or somewhere else but it isn’t going to play in the sec for much longer.

Our rise has coincided with a historic down turn from several of our rivals in the east. Tennessee and Florida both experienced big league droughts during Stoops tenure, and South Carolina was in the wilderness after the relative halcyon days of their Spurrier era. How long do they all stay down? (I guess I shouldn’t include Tennessee here since we can’t beat them consistently anyway lol).

Our last 10 win season depended on getting a chance to play historically bad LSU and Florida teams and we still managed to give away at least one game we should have won. What happens when we go to 9 league games and the traditional East powers finally wake up? We are already playing with fire against mid majors, every year we start slow and look unprepared in those games. What happens when that’s ole miss or Texas instead of E Ky?

Stoops has certainly built a fine foundation but at this point we are paying him for the job he did 3-4 years ago. The job now is to compete and he doesn’t seem game for that challenge. Nothing against the guy, it’s just a gear he lacks. If this is what he wants to do, it can be done at Iowa or somewhere else but it isn’t going to play in the sec for much longer.
This is the hard truth and some here won’t or can’t acknowledge it. Stoops mentality is incapable of winning a big time game in todays landscape. His mentality is not changing, he is what he is.

Qb will be a head scratcher next year….but Boley and Saunders if Coen sticks around….I have faith the csn develop kids. And we don’t need a super star…just a guy like UGA….accurate good decision maker

Then we have an elite defense recruit class coming jn

I’m bullish on Ky future with Stoops…but these clunkers are getting old

Excellent, spot on post. We are paying a lot of money for mediocrity.

I’m excited about the future of our defense.

QB appears to have become a year-to-year proposition.

My position on Stoops has been the same for quite some time: you have to have a better replacement if you aren’t planning to stick with him.

Kirby Smart has passed Nick Saban. It’s really no surprise he’s passed Mark Stoops.

I’m happy for a change, but it needs to be an upgrade. There were many years at Kentucky where that was much easier than it is right now.

He will be here as long as he wants and I'll be supporting him him 100%.

I expect one of these seasons we'll break through and compete for the championship.

CMS isn’t going anywhere but we were nowhere ready for this game. You could tell something was off in his pressers, I thought it was just his game face but looking back he just wasn’t pleased. It’s normally good offense/bad defense or vice versa in the past that held us down but we were bad in all three phases of the game. Not taking anything away from the Dawgs as they’re looking at another NC in my opinion but there’s no way we should give up 51 points to anyone at this stage. Hope we figure it out for the rest of the year and for the future. I’m as big as a fan and homer as you can find anywhere but realized last night that unless we play out of our mind and get some breaks that we don’t have the dudes for this type of game. Also, one of the biggest concerns for me is discipline; it hasn’t gotten any better over the years imo and it’s an issue when you keep getting these stupid penalties at critical times, especially stupid personal fouls. And Burton shouldn’t be on the field unless it’s to spell someone, he may be athletic for a lineman but you have to come to a point where you say he’s a liability. Hope we can win 3-4 more but it doesn’t look as good as it did last Saturday, hope they prove me wrong.

We played terribly and I think Georgia played their best game. That being said stupid penalties showed some of our players weren't ready for a big game and that's on the coaching. We also have a quarterback that has continuously missed open receivers, don't know how much of that is coaching related.

Reactions: UKUGA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT