ADVERTISEMENT

What conspiracy theory would you like to know the real answer to?

There a way too many conspiracies to list but just a few of the famous ones off the top of my head.

• Total voters
Everybody who got a cold circa Christmas 2019 thinks they were patient 0 of Covid.
FWIW, my SIL got a horrendous debilitating cold in Feb or Mar. Blood test said it wasn't COVID, but I understand many people experienced the same thing. Much worse than the usual common cold but not COVID. Was it some other savage virus that simply wasn't as lethal? or did lots of people just have really bad colds around the same time.

There are lots of virology labs, btw. Everyone who gets sick in the same city or region is going to accuse the local lab of being pernicious or careless.

There have been several steps that kind of guarantee another 1918 Spanish Flu kind of pandemic. First, 1974 and the Swine Flu. Almost everyone got a jab and a mass epidemic never occurred. That good result became a political disaster for the CDC and the fairly pure scientific institution became riddled with political appointees. Second, COVID-19 was much worse with the elderly than with any other cohort. So, once again it became a political nightmare. Now, laws have been passed that will denature any future pandemic response. Instead of 2% mortality we'll have 4% or 5% or worse. People now have the legal right to infect and kill their neighbors.

I recently read a book called Off the Edge: Flat Earthers, Conspiracy Culture and Why People Will Believe Anything by Kelly Weill. It started slow but got rolling after about 70 pages and was an entertaining read. Basically, these nut jobs have been around for centuries, but the internet and social media brought them out from under their rocks to network with each other.

During COVID, I was cleaning out my yard barn back in TN and put some things for sale on Marketplace. A lady from my old Virginia hometown about 45 minutes away wanted most of it, so I met her at the TN welcome center off of I-26. She was 3 years older than me, and I vaguely remembered her from high school, but we knew a lot of the same people and her brother in-law was one of my friends in high school. We were having a really nice conversation, then she started talking about her younger brother, who she said was found dead by a hunter down a rocky embankment up in the mountains. Her brother (probably in his late 30s) was a small time drug dealer, career petty criminal and in general. The cops ruled his death as accidental, but her family thought otherwise because he had no reason to be up there. She said she thought it was a conspiracy. In my mind, I was thinking that realistically, the police didn't pursue it because what most likely happened is that he was partying with some people and overdosed, sending them into a panic and dumping his body up there. Or, maybe he got into an argument over drugs and someone beat him to death and dumped the body. I told her that it's a small town police force and the county has limited resources as well, and since there was no evidence of gunshot or stab wounds, they let it go. The police probably saw him as one less problem for them to deal with, but I wouldn't call it a conspiracy.

Then....she went ALL IN talking about COVID and who was responsible and what the government was trying to do to us, and at that point I told her I needed to get going because I had someone coming to look at some more stuff. I left feeling sad because we were having such a nice conversation before she went off the rails with that.
Had a similar convo with an older lady who said she saw on Fox News, china is gonna send sleeping bombs over here and put us all to sleep. Just mind boggling.

FWIW, my SIL got a horrendous debilitating cold in Feb or Mar. Blood test said it wasn't COVID, but I understand many people experienced the same thing. Much worse than the usual common cold but not COVID. Was it some other savage virus that simply wasn't as lethal? or did lots of people just have really bad colds around the same time.

There are lots of virology labs, btw. Everyone who gets sick in the same city or region is going to accuse the local lab of being pernicious or careless.

There have been several steps that kind of guarantee another 1918 Spanish Flu kind of pandemic. First, 1974 and the Swine Flu. Almost everyone got a jab and a mass epidemic never occurred. That good result became a political disaster for the CDC and the fairly pure scientific institution became riddled with political appointees. Second, COVID-19 was much worse with the elderly than with any other cohort. So, once again it became a political nightmare. Now, laws have been passed that will denature any future pandemic response. Instead of 2% mortality we'll have 4% or 5% or worse. People now have the legal right to infect and kill their neighbors.

My mom was so sick she was hospitalized on February 21, 2020. Know the exact date because wife and I were supposed to go to a concert at Bogarts in Cincinnati that night and they were supposed to watch kids. My dad called and asked if I would come check on her. She made no sense (essentially delirious), couldn't stand, struggling breathing, etc. Ambulance took her and she tested positive for type A flu. Spent like a week in hospital. Always thought it was more than that considering the date. They didn't test her for Covid. Not even sure they were doing that then.

bb7c66292fbc3f9da9d422a39ee3ac3b.jpg

Stuff like this was supposedly built with copper and bronze tools. The stuff on top is much smaller and less accurately cut then the stuff on the bottom. It seems that people built on top of older ruins they found. I'd love to know for sure how far back human civilization goes. 12000 years is the new marker... it was 7000 years just a decade ago....but I feel it goes back further.
trilithon-stones-balbek-min-770x770.jpg

baalbek-lebanon-2.jpeg

86137f697066b519d59cbf5b0fedf31c.jpg

IMG_5808-1280x960-768x576.jpg

Reactions: RunninRichie
Was it dinosaur farts that caused the climate change that led to their demise or was it the fault of those reckless Neanderthals' and their lack of concern of the planet?

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
The tradition of Hebrews fleeing Egypt en masse -- Exodus -- doesn't show up in any Egyptian records. What actually happened? And how did the Exodus tradition originate?

There is Asian DNA among Amazonian tribes. How did it get there? Similarly, what became of the population found at Monte Verde? Where did they come from?

Good point. While no one can definitely say there was a conspiracy there certainly was a lot of evidence that points to a cover up so the question is still out there is who was directing the coverup, and why?
Yep. Its impossible to believe Jack Ruby was so upset by the assassination that he killed Oswald.

Good point. While no one can definitely say there was a conspiracy there certainly was a lot of evidence that points to a cover up so the question is still out there is who was directing the coverup, and why?
I read an interesting theory on the innertubes once: the involvement of the USSR couldn't be disproved so the Warren Commission just cobbled together the best explanation they could. The Russians couldn't rule it out either so after a decent length of time, they deposed Khrushchev. And war was averted.

Did it though?
There's tons of witnesses who saw a bald man with glasses in the window. Holding a rifle. Not Oswald. People who saw JD Tippet get killed also said it wasn't a man who matched Oswald.

Explain to me how Oswald was seen in the 1st floor lunchroom seconds after the shots. Drinking a coke, calm, and cool. He would have had to sprint down 5 flights of stairs in around 15 seconds. And no one in the building saw him coming down the stairs. He wasn't panting, or sweating in the lunchroom either.

The Kennedy assassination, 9-11 are both fascinating to me. The simplest solution is usually the answer Yada Yada I know. But I don't trust our govt on anything.

And I'm just here to be a smart ass anyway.

The truth is in the eye of the beholder, right?

Reactions: RunninRichie
The Kennedy assassination, 9-11 are both fascinating to me. The simplest solution is usually the answer Yada Yada I know. But I don't trust our govt on anything.

And I'm just here to be a smart ass anyway.

The truth is in the eye of the beholder, right?
Until someone talks, or something is leaked. Yes.

I read an interesting theory on the innertubes once: the involvement of the USSR couldn't be disproved so the Warren Commission just cobbled together the best explanation they could. The Russians couldn't rule it out either so after a decent length of time, they deposed Khrushchev. And war was averted.
The Warren Commission outcome was predetermined IMO by LBJ, whistle past the graveyard was best for all concerned at the time, in his mind.

A gun owned by Oswald fires the shots that killed Kennedy. Good luck with your new science.
When Oswald shot Kennedy, he was insane
But still we watch the re-runs again and again
We all sit glued while the killer takes aim

"Hey Mom, there goes a piece of the president's brain!"

- Ray Davies

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT