ADVERTISEMENT

What Cal should do IMO

Jan 26, 2003
He should hold a press conference, show humility, let everyone know that things have got away from the last few years and that he knows changes need to be made. That he believes in himself and he owes it to the players, the university and all the fans to put UK basketball back on top where it belongs. He should say that a makeover is in progress and that work will be tireless. If next year doesn’t show this, then he will step down to allow a new approach to take place.

I know this wouldn’t even be good enough for a lot of people because they are over him and believe me, I get it because I’m over him. I just think this would be the best thing that could happen.

Oh, and BTW, the odds of him doing this is like winning the lottery odds.

IF he would have a news conference he would come out and say the same old things. "we are young" and make other excuses and blame everyone else but him. It is time for him to leave as he is not the coach he used to be. Can't wait for the day his gone.

Reactions: NociHTTP
IF he would have a news conference he would come out and say the same old things. "we are young" and make other excuses and blame everyone else but him. It is time for him to leave as he is not the coach he used to be. Can't wait for the day his gone.
Cow never was a good coach he had some good assistants he was just the Clown that like to run his mouth

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Agreed but that isn’t what is needed here for the sake of the program and for the national perception of him.

Reactions: westerncat
He should hold a press conference, show humility, let everyone know that things have got away from the last few years and that he knows changes need to be made. That he believes in himself and he owes it to the players, the university and all the fans to put UK basketball back on top where it belongs. He should say that a makeover is in progress and that work will be tireless. If next year doesn’t show this, then he will step down to allow a new approach to take place.

I know this wouldn’t even be good enough for a lot of people because they are over him and believe me, I get it because I’m over him. I just think this would be the best thing that could happen.

We are way past the point anything CAL can say, I’m guessing that he decides the heat in the kitchen is too hot and wants out. Both sides have to come together and figure out this mess Barney created.

Sorry! I posted something very similar without reading this.

OP, I think you and I are being hopeful. We are trying to rectify this train wreck, but it’s a pipe dream for both of us .

I stopped reading when I saw Cal and humility

Looks like his family would realize what was going on around them and persuade him to leave, it shouldn't be a hard thing to do knowing you are not wanted here anymore. I mean he always says criticize him not the players, well he shouldn't subject his family to all this because it's going to get nasty if he doesn't leave. He must really have some hard feelings for the fans to want to hang around here knowing 75% of the state wants him gone.

Correct. Narcissists ALWAYS blame others. Everything is personal for them.
Narcissistic people are typically the hero or the victim in their minds. If he is here next year I agree with OP. He needs to be contrite and humble. Status quo won’t cut it.

I think some changes should be made but that Cal leaving or being fired is not likely. I believe we should push for some new assistants that are x and o coaches, particularly defensively as well as game strategist types. Our program has a lot of things right but the results have not been there to keep the status quo and obviously, the fan base is in more turmoil than the program is. Yes, we need to right the ship but I still think Cal can be a vital part of doing that. Now is a tough time to make a head coach change with NIL, portal transfers and not to mention, the money of buying him out. I see that as a long term problem and that we can fix this with some real coaches as assistants but Cal has to be open to a different strategy, for the good of all involved. I think something along these lines is what will happen and it's probably the best possible and feasible way to go about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT