ADVERTISEMENT

What are your UK superstitions? Go.

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
Mine is when we start playing poorly, I have to leave and go do something else. They always do better when I step away. (Of course I'm recording it so I can go catch what I missed later.)

Reactions: UKrazycat2
where to start

worry when I'm not "nervous" enough before games - of course that doesn't count against teams like we just played.
Wear the same shirt every single game - put it on just before tip off, take it off right after the game; never wear it any other time.
If I do decide to have an adult drink - which is a must for big games - it has to be either a whiskey/bourbon shot in a specific shot glass, or a beer/ale in my UK bottle coozie
* this one is fairly new (last 3-4 years) - I am much more comfortable when @Wall2Boogie creates the game threads
Step outside at certain times

but I'm not superstitious or anything :sunglasses:

If watching alone, stand pretty close to the TV and oscillate back and forth based upon when we are on offense or defense.

If not watching alone, become antsy that I can't do that.

This has caused UK to win several games they wouldn't have otherwise. I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
I wear my 98' Comeback Cats championship for every game, usually the whole day. I really dont know why, but it's my favorite UK shirt and it somehow became my gameday shirt.

I never wear any UK attire unless it is game day or Big Blue Madness. Do not want the mojo to be wasted on non-game days.

I also drink hot tea in the same unwashed mug that I started using during the SEC tourney in 2014 (a new superstition, but a good one).

Reactions: bigbluelou
I will never drink alcohol during a UK basketball game ever again. The last 2 times they lost and have never done it since. First time was 96 Umass game, second was 97 championship game after i couldn't get a ticket for 100$ or less, so I spent it on a fifth and a case. They lost and the next day vowed to never drink during a game again.

Never attend another final four. 0-2 the two I'll been too. And yes they were the last two.

I'm sorry BBN and won't be going again for the sake of the program.

I will never drink alcohol during a UK basketball game ever again. The last 2 times they lost and have never done it since. First time was 96 Umass game, second was 97 championship game after i couldn't get a ticket for 100$ or less, so I spent it on a fifth and a case. They lost and the next day vowed to never drink during a game again.

Easy now. I don't think I could watch a NCAA tournament game without a bottle of bourbon.

If watching the game at home, I have to play the bittersweet symphony song they play at rupp before the game. Also have to do the clap, I make my wife do it too! hahah. We usually win though so I'm gonna say it works

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT