ADVERTISEMENT

What are your favorite movie scenes?

The picnic scene in To Catch a Thief. Funny AND sexy,

You might see the beginning of a trend here.

Reactions: JDHoss
The Searchers

Spent 10 years looking for someone he planned to kill. Then everyone has someone else to share the happiness with, except Ethan. Who was out for revenge for the killing of his sister-in-law (who had feelings for Ethan) and his nieces. Probably my favorite Western.

I don’t know if it’s my favorite scene but one that comes to mind that’s outstanding is the entire bank robbery sequence from Heat…especially when Val Kilmer’s character is about to get in the get away car but glances up just in time to see two police officers sneaking up on them. Before the viewer has an opportunity to blink he opens fire in an extremely crowded area and the huge gunfight that ensues feels very real. The madness comes to an end with Pacino’s character saving an innocent little girl being used a human shield/hostage with a sick ass headshot on Tom Sizemore’s character. The end of the movie is brilliant as well.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
This is the beginning of the jail scene in Bringing Up Baby. The sheriff is played by a man named Walter Catlett who has about a million credits in the imdb. He was a fantastic comic actor, but oddly this is the peak of his career. Hepburn had no idea how to play farce and the director Howard Hawks brought Catlett in to teach her how.

Meeting Annie Potts in Corvette Summer. She was so great "I'm a hooker!"

What a great voice. Kentucky has produced more that it's share of top guys -- George Clooney, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Lawrence -- but we've also had these great character actors. Harry Dean Stanton, Ned Beatty, Charles Napier, Warren Oates. Jim Varney. Annie Potts fits right in.
Hollywood wasted her, of course, on sweetie-pie roles when she should have played tons of eccentrics.

Reactions: J_Dee
Meeting Annie Potts in Corvette Summer. She was so great "I'm a hooker!"

What a great voice. Kentucky has produced more that it's share of top guys -- George Clooney, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Lawrence -- but we've also had these great character actors. Harry Dean Stanton, Ned Beatty, Charles Napier, Warren Oates. Jim Varney. Annie Potts fits right in.
Hollywood wasted her, of course, on sweetie-pie roles when she should have played tons of eccentrics.

She'll always be Janine to me. ❤️‍🔥

I love Napier as Duke Phillips, but to me he'll always be Adam. XD

MV5BMjc0OTU5MDI2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjI1MTA1MDE@._V1_.jpg

And let's add Patrica Neal (Whitley County), Lance Fuller (Pulaski), and Rick Hill (Harlan).

Reactions: DreadLox
The best scene in Gladiator is when he gets double-crossed after that opening scene battle in Germany; learns of his wife and son being in danger back in Spain; escapes his captors; and rushes on horseback from Germany to Spain to save his family - by taking a detour past Mt Whitney in California.

Spoiler alert: No wonder he didn't arrive in time to save them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Get Bucket$
The best scene in Gladiator is when he gets double-crossed after that opening scene battle in Germany; learns of his wife and son being in danger back in Spain; escapes his captors; and rushes on horseback from Germany to Spain to save his family - by taking a detour past Mt Whitney in California.

Spoiler alert: No wonder he didn't arrive in time to save them.

The whole movie is one great scene.

The speech of Theoden and charge of the Rohirrem (spelling?) at the battle of Minas Tireth in Return of the King.

Colonel Slade’s (Al Pacino) speech in defense of whatshisface in Scent of a Woman. Outstanding.

“But he’s not a snitch!”

Shower scene in Dressed to Kill. Yes, we all know the torso is not Angie but it’s probably the first and only time I wished I was a bar of soap. And the ”money shot” where spits out the water when she rinses is most certainly Oscar worthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT