ADVERTISEMENT

What are your favorite movie scenes?

Not really a favorite scene, but perhaps the very best acting in a short scene that I can recall ... simply tremendous !!

Debbie talking Toad into getting them some "broo" in American Graffiti
Noah Cross getting the glasses from Jake near the end of Chinatown.
Mr. Muckle, the postage stamp, the lightbulbs, and kumquats in It's a Gift
The daughter eating the bird for lunch in It's a Gift
The mother and daughter deciding between syrup of swill or ipecac in It's a Gift
The salesman looking for Karl La Fong in It's a Gift
Jeff Bridges dancing in Stay Hungry
Jack Oakie and the national anthem in Million Dollar Legs. Woof Blugle Jig.

The best monologue I've ever seen. Watch closely, every movement of her eyes, her modulation, and her hands when the scene changes - this is an absolute masterpiece by Ellen Burstyn:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: J_Dee
From one of my favorite films. So many great things about this scene. Love the connection between Indy and Henry Sr. as he goes through each challenge. I especially love the sequence with the third challenge and how the music elevates with the suspenseful moment as Indy is about to make the “leap of faith”. Amazing movie overall and IMO the best of the Indiana Jones franchise.

The final battle scene in Platoon. It's builds and builds into a crescendo of violence and tempo. It's the only scene in the movie my Vietnam Veteran father didn't say a word about while watching it. I could see in his eyes he went somewhere during it. I asked why that scene and he said his best friend died in a foxhole as dad ran to get ammo for the pig, a M-60. People said he was an absolute animal in the field, very intense. Crazy cause my dad literally never yelled at me or whipped me once in my life, my mom took care of that. He was a nice drunk ass well.

If anyone can link it, search YouTube for New Years Day Battle Platoon. It would be greatly appreciated.

The final battle scene in Platoon. It's builds and builds into a crescendo of violence and tempo. It's the only scene in the movie my Vietnam Veteran father didn't say a word about while watching it. I could see in his eyes he went somewhere during it. I asked why that scene and he said his best friend died in a foxhole as dad ran to get ammo for the pig, a M-60. People said he was an absolute animal in the field, very intense. Crazy cause my dad literally never yelled at me or whipped me once in my life, my mom took care of that. He was a nice drunk ass well.

If anyone can link it, search YouTube for New Years Day Battle Platoon. It would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Not really a favorite scene, but perhaps the very best acting in a short scene that I can recall ... simply tremendous !!

I got to see Michelle Williams and Jeff Daniels in a Broadway play back in 2016. It was awesome. Just those 2 in a room for 90 minutes. I think there were maybe 3 lines in the entire play that weren't one of them, and they were all off stage. It was intense

Pretty much any scene with Vader in Empire Strikes Back.
The score in Dances With Wolves is just amazing. Should it have won best picture over Goodfellas? No. But it's still a very moving movie; and was terrific on the big screen.

Reactions: megablue
“My problem wasn’t with anyone involved in the production but with what acting did to my mind,” she writes. “I think I started Method acting — only I didn’t know how to break out of my character. I really became this other person. Some people do Method acting, but they’re usually aware of the fact that they’re doing it. But I didn’t have any separation at all. I ended up walking differently, carrying myself differently, talking differently. I was someone else for months while I filmed ‘Crossroads.’ Still to this day, I bet the girls I shot that movie with think, She’s a little…quirky. If they thought that, they were right.”

Thank you brother. I 100% appreciate you for doing that man. I truly do. You're good people. I know every single line of that scene.
The whole movie is GREAT. My Dad and his Brothers were Nam Vets. One of them never made it back. He's got effects of Agent Orange and it took years for our government to give him even a 50% benefit. I have stuff going on now that may have been passed on by Dad due to the exposure. Anywho, I'm quite misty eyed at the very end of the movie, when Chris is being taken away by the helicopter and the moment just hits him and that quote he says on the helicopter as it goes into Adagio for Strings. Gives me chills to this day. Just a fantastic movie and one of my favorites.

• Love
Reactions: michaeluk26
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT