ADVERTISEMENT

What are your emotions today? Are you more sad, surprised, disappointed or angry?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Sad - I'm too angry to be sad
Surprised - I've seen too many of these early flameouts from Calipari teams to be surprised
Disappointed - Nope, because I've come to expect a 1st or 2nd round exit from the tournament
Angry - YES, to see what Barnhart & this fat greasy looking coach of his has done to what used to be the greatest basketball program in the history of college basketball. I'm beyond angry.

Apathetic

I almost expected it to happen. Zero confidence with Cal in the postseason.
Same. It’s like watching the same movie over and over but somehow convincing yourself there’s a small chance they changed the ending since last March.

Numb. Just as water erodes the rock, the Calipari OAD methodology, numerous losses leading to mediocre NCAA tourney seedings, repeated (and sadly expected) early post season flame-outs, lack of player development, having to essentially support a new team every year, and the same excuses for poor performance year after year after year, have all gradually destroyed my passion for UK basketball. Once I scheduled my life around the games, now I don't even know when and what teams they are playing. Maybe some of this is how college basketball has evolved, but when you see other teams and coaches that appear to have evolved to become successful in today's environment, you have to question why we are paying the highest salary in the nation to a coach that views his greatest responsibility to be a conduit of players to the NBA as opposed to the supporters expectations to provide a team that regularly competes for championships. Maybe Barnhart is part of the problem, but something needs to change as the fans are revolting against the continuation of this travesty.

Numb-- it happened yet AGAIN
Sad- knowing unless there's a seismic shift on the part of the BOT & big money alumni to apply pressure, both Mitch and Calipari will be here again

All of the above…now tried to take my son to 3 games and we are 0-3 in those games. Spent a good bit of money to come to Pittsburgh to watch this guy flame out yet again.

• Sad
Reactions: SemperFiCat
I won’t lie, through all the recent disappointments, I thought this was our year. For some reason I’m still in shock although I’ve come to expect this.

Tired……tired of Coach Cal and his inability to coach. Tired of his hearing his bull crap. Tired of losing.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Expected result consistent with past performance. If we want to hang any more banners while Cal is here, they will have to be for NBA draft choices.

All of the above. I look forward to seeing Cal on the UK court again in 10 years when they put him in the rafters. But not before then.

I actually was optimistic that our offense was good enough to advance. I didn't expect to win it all but I did expect to get to the second weekend.

However, when we were behind early in the game, my heart started sinking. At halftime I quit watching but did keep track of the score. I was seeing another repeat of Cal's lack of adjustments and a team that appeared out of sync. I knew at half it was over for us.

Today I have other important matters. I am probably in denial but I just don't really care right now.

somewhat numb , def pissed off . I loathe Cal , cant stand anything about him , wouldnt want to be in any room with him ( inc a arena) He's a snake oil salesman , and you dont listen to Carnival Barkers .. you just dont . I've got lots of common sense , not gifted terribly high in higher learning , but Damn I can read this book and this story and see the ending .. Captain cal isnt coming back to go 38-0 anythime soon -- it's laughable to expect him to lead UK back to where we were 5 years ago . Guy is done . Finished . He must go . This off season

Over it. If you didn’t know how this shit was going to play out ten minutes into it you might have brain damage.

Cal doesn’t get to steal my joy.

But I won’t complain if he loses his job.

I’m mostly apathetic and when I really think about how numb I’ve become to these sorts of losses and seasons it makes me depressed. It’s because, growing up, watching UK basketball with my friends and family was my favorite thing to do. Now I find it hard to care at all. Except for draft day.

I live for draft day.

I’m angry Cal and Mitch still have jobs. I’m ready for a fresh start with a new crew and hope for the future. Cal will never win anything of significance here again. He’s a narcissist when it comes to his actual job. He’s more focused now on pushing the buttons of the fan base than winning basketball games. It’s taken me a while to get here and Im here. John be gone and ditch Mitch is my new motto. Mitch has been apologizing for Cals failures for several years now. Go search Mitch and Cal and it’s the same thing for the past 5 years. Two has been clowns holding UK basketball hostage.

I hoped we would make it to next weekend, just because I enjoy watching Kentucky basketball and making it that far was the extent of my dreams. I expected us to eke out a 5-6 point win and then lose next round. I am not surprised because after 5 years of this garbage I saw this result coming. I’m angry at Calipari for making me this way, and disappointed that he has single handedly ruined something that once gave me joy and destroyed what was my favorite time of the year.

I am excited to see him gone, and completely disinterested in Kentucky basketball going forward if it involves him. If he stays much longer I’m not sure my fandom will recover. The sport as a whole has gone to hell anyway, and I’m not sure it is salvageable.

I feel like there is no nope for our basketball program as long as he is here, we are a mediocre program with him at the helm. What else does he need, he gets most of the best players every year and he is supposed to be a hall of fame coach. We get embarrassed in the NCAA tournament year after year by players and coaches you've never heard of. He is failing, our four freshmen did fine until the pressure of the NCAA tournament hit them, then they looked lost and scared. When 5 of your top 8 players are freshmen, you get exposed in the tournament. The last two games were the most important ones, and we were never in either one of them. Never has a coach at Kentucky has been allowed to keep his job with his record the last five years. This lifetime contract is a lesson to be learned by our AD and board of trustees, to NEVER do this kind of thing for any coach anytime in any sport here.

Apathy. Wasn't surprised.. Didn't get upset which is weird.

I've had a UK window sticker on my vehicle for the past 20-25 years or so.

Peeled it off this morning. I'll put another on when we get better coaching.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood2.0
The definition of insanity...continuing to do the same thing expecting a different outcome. We are literally crazy for thinking we're going to get a different outcome each year with this guy. If Calipari has any credibility, integrity, or self-worth; he'll wait until after the tournament and announce his departure.

Reactions: NostraDanis
Angry

Angry that when Cal took over, it appeared that there was no way that UK wouldn't have all the stats. #1 in Championships, #1 in Final Fours, #1 in NCAA wins, #1 in All-time wins. It seemed as if all of those stats would end up in UK's favor and never be threatened in my lifetime. It felt good to say we were fans of the "Winningest team in college basketball" I'm angry that it may be that UK will not #1 in any of those stats if this is allowed to continue.

It matters to us whether UK has 10 losses in a season.
It matters to us whether UK has the zero losses at Rupp
It matters to us whether UK wins the SEC regular season championship
It matters to us whether UK wins the SEC Tournament.
It matters to us whether UK makes it to the Sweet Sixteen.
It matters to us whether UK makes it to the Final Four.

It doesn't matter to us whether the players go the NBA after one year.

Yes, I'm angry that it appears that none of what matters to us matters to the coach.

The success of the program has be the first priority, else nothing else will matter.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I think resigned is the best word.

We saw a coach have no clue how to handle a 1-3-1 zone with one of the best offensive teams ever, 14 years after not knowing how to handle it with one of the best offensive teams ever.

Same coach has an insane buyout no one will want to pay.

We will have the same AD who gave him the stupid buyout to begin with

Even though I knew we had no chance in the tourney, I'm still shocked to a degree. And angry... very, very angry.

Sad - I'm too angry to be sad
Surprised - I've seen too many of these early flameouts from Calipari teams to be surprised
Disappointed - Nope, because I've come to expect a 1st or 2nd round exit from the tournament
Angry - YES, to see what Barnhart & this fat greasy looking coach of his has done to what used to be the greatest basketball program in the history of college basketball. I'm beyond angry.
I am madder today than I was last night. This clown has to go. Period. No ifs ands or buts. Get him out.

Angry

Angry that when Cal took over, it appeared that there was no way that UK wouldn't have all the stats. #1 in Championships, #1 in Final Fours, #1 in NCAA wins, #1 in All-time wins. It seemed as if all of those stats would end up in UK's favor and never be threatened in my lifetime. It felt good to say we were fans of the "Winningest team in college basketball" I'm angry that it may be that UK will not #1 in any of those stats if this is allowed to continue.

It matters to us whether UK has 10 losses in a season.
It matters to us whether UK has the zero losses at Rupp
It matters to us whether UK wins the SEC regular season championship
It matters to us whether UK wins the SEC Tournament.
It matters to us whether UK makes it to the Sweet Sixteen.
It matters to us whether UK makes it to the Final Four.

It doesn't matter to us whether the players go the NBA after one year.

Yes, I'm angry that it appears that none of what matters to us matters to the coach.

The success of the program has be the first priority, else nothing else will matter.
Well said.

My emotions have a singular focus......getting John Calipari the F out of here, as fast as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT