ADVERTISEMENT

What are the odds Kentucky lands Jaden Hardy?

Lmfao.. you've quoted no one, provided no articles. Cal didn't mess up his recruitment no matter how hard you wish it to be true.
You literally quote yourself and post articles about Jalen green. Im just going to say I know what I know and you're showing your ass. Point is Cal shouldn't lose 100% UK commits to the Gleague. Hardy is 1/2 in this class going to the gleague. Why isn't Paolo? Why isn't Chet? Why aren't the rest of the top 25? Cal lost a 100% to UK prospect to the Gleague, hes not the only one recruiting against them. Its a huge fumble to lose a top 3 prospect like that.

I don’t think you can blame Cal for that one. As soon as Hardy heard the words “g league” it was over. Cant blame Cal for a kid that clearly doesn’t need college basketball realizing it.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I don’t think you can blame Cal for that one. As soon as Hardy heard the words “g league” it was over. Cant blame Cal for a kid that clearly doesn’t need college basketball realizing it.
So explain to me why no one else in the top 10 and only 1 other from the top 25 is supposed to go Gleague? Is it bc Cal picked the short straw or bc Hardy doesn't buy what Cal is selling after watching Clarke and Boston stock crater?

You literally quote yourself and post articles about Jalen green. Im just going to say I know what I know and you're showing your ass. Point is Cal shouldn't lose 100% UK commits to the Gleague. Hardy is 1/2 in this class going to the gleague. Why isn't Paolo? Why isn't Chet? Why aren't the rest of the top 25? Cal lost a 100% to UK prospect to the Gleague, hes not the only one recruiting against them. Its a huge fumble to lose a top 3 prospect like that.

Uh, I JUST quoted myself? Sure about that? All three articles talk about Hardy being a very real G-league possibility. And I can find another half dozen posters who said just as much 6 months ago. Read them.

And don't count out PB yet.. Hardy is not going to be the only one who goes to the G-League. Hardy is not going to be the only top25 guy in the G-League..

Uh, I JUST quoted myself? Sure about that? All three articles talk about Hardy being a very real G-league possibility. And I can find another half dozen posters who said just as much 6 months ago. Read them.

And don't count out PB yet.. Hardy is not going to be the only one who goes to the G-League. Hardy is not going to be the only top25 guy in the G-League..
Board bet. I got 100$ that says Paolo plays at duke. You covering that? If not shut the F up and continue to be dumb

You can when Hardy was pretty much locked up to UK then this season happened and he said "thanks but no thanks" Hardy was 100% going to UK before this season happened. This was not a Jalen green RJ Hampton or Kuminga scenario where they were known to be going to Gleague and begging colleges to recruit them. This was a solid top 5 recruit basically committed to UK that decided it really wasn't worth it after watching BJ Boston and T Clarke draft stock crater.
I feel very strongly that this is exactly what happened.

If true, it's rather sad that the Boston/Clarke debacle cost us the arguably best shooting guard prospect in the Cal era.

Hardy reminds me of Ray Allen at the same stage. People remember Allen in his spot-up-shooter Boston/Miami years, but they forget how much of a complete player he was in Seattle and Milwaukee. Hardy has a similar skill set. A true shame he won't be lighting it up in Lexington like he should have.

If true, it's rather sad that the Boston/Clarke debacle cost us the arguably best shooting guard prospect in the Cal era.

Hardy reminds me of Ray Allen at the same stage. People remember Allen in his spot-up-shooter Boston/Miami years, but they forget how much of a complete player he was in Seattle and Milwaukee. Hardy has a similar skill set. A true shame he won't be lighting it up in Lexington like he should have.
Reminds me of Beal.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
LISTEN GUYS NO WAY HARDY WAS GOING TO UK... NOBODY CAN OUT RECRUIT THE GLEAGUE!!!!! signed every retard in this thread

Board bet. I got 100$ that says Paolo plays at duke. You covering that? If not shut the F up and continue to be dumb

Ha whatever you say IU alum..

"I know what I know.." lmao. This entire place was talking about Hardy being a G-league guy for months.. but whatever you say, you know Cal, Justus and Hardy more than they know themselves.

What a complete dumbass.

Wish Cal would use his Nike connections to land this kid. Hire his mom, his aunt, his dog, whoever - as an assistant and put him in a mansion for a year and let him drive around luxury cars.

We need this kid's firepower for #9, even with Grady.

Reactions: RunninRichie

"I know what I know.." lmao. This entire place was talking about Hardy being a G-league guy for months.. but whatever you say, you know Cal, Justus and Hardy more than they know themselves.

What a complete dumbass.
Line, you know Ruppsrunt is connected, right?

• Haha
Reactions: dakid_0812

What a complete dumbass.
Ah damn man you got me I graduated from a top 10 business school and the same as Mark Cuban. You boomed me there. You obviously dont know the in and outs of this recruitment so please stop acting like you're a Gleague rep. Cal had hardy 100% to college. Then Hardy opted to not go to college. The semantics you're trying to play right now makes you look stupid. Congrats tho

What a complete dumbass.
The truth is, when Hardy was a rising player in the class of 2021 (way before the gleauge was even in the picture),he was seen as a UK lock. He was going to commit to kentucky on ESPN after a game against Bishop Gorman. But he never did. Sallis was UKs to lose for months, Justus fumbles on Sallis and then leaks false “info” to Kyle Cucker that the mean UK fans cost Sallis and Cals tweets on Fletcher cost UK. Neither are why. Justus sucks and I have 0 clue why he’s still employed by the university of kentucky.

Hold on he's going to the G League? Why would that happen? How can that happened?

Cal losing recruits to low level basketball play for a few dollars now. Damn, man

Haha this guy is losing his mind. Hardy was rumored to be involved with the G league for months. Not really sure what you’re trying to prove. It would be the same as if it came down to us and another school and he chose the other, it happens. Especially when they can offer half a million and no classes.

Even if Hardy had committed, there is nothing that could have stopped him from changing his mind and leaving us without options later down the road. His stock also went up from how he looked in the summer and the first part of the season. College may have been an option before that, but he looks pro ready and there's really no reason for him to wait.

Hold on he's going to the G League? Why would that happen? How can that happened?
Cal losing recruits to low level basketball play for a few dollars now. Damn, man
Because Joel Justus can’t finish, Kenny Payne, Rod Strickland and Coach Antigua were all finishers. Justus is the guy who always says “Yeah i’m laying the groundwork for a super class” and then never closes the deal, he’s like blue balls. That’s should be his new nick name. Joel “blueballs” Justus. Anyway, he’s not a killer and can’t finish. Kenny Payne and coach O would have Sallis and Hardy at kentucky.

Even if Hardy had committed, there is nothing that could have stopped him from changing his mind and leaving us without options later down the road. His stock also went up from how he looked in the summer and the first part of the season. College may have been an option before that, but he looks pro ready and there's really no reason for him to wait.
Paolo is also NBA ready but going to duke next semester. The Gleague doesn't cast a spell on players like some on here think it does or else not only 2 of the top 25 would be going Gleague its largely unproven even for "top recruits"

Haha this guy is losing his mind. Hardy was rumored to be involved with the G league for months. Not really sure what you’re trying to prove. It would be the same as if it came down to us and another school and he chose the other, it happens. Especially when they can offer half a million and no classes.
I guess you're missing the UK commitment he was going to give over 1.5 years ago now. Cal had him. Cal lost him to the Gleague. Paolo still to duke. Number 1 Chet picking a school, but yeah Hardy was ungettable, a lot of you all ate thick in the head. Also KP leaving hurt the hardy recruitment, if anyone says Joel was the lead just smack yourself.

Paolo is also NBA ready but going to duke next semester. The Gleague doesn't cast a spell on players like some on here think it does or else not only 2 of the top 25 would be going Gleague its largely unproven even for "top recruits"
But just because Paolo is going to Duke doesn't mean that Hardy isn't going to the G League. Just like how Cunningham and Mobley still went to college, there will be a mixture of the top guys who go G League and who go to college. It just sucks that our best bet at an elite guy this class was a guy who will go G League.

I guess you're missing the UK commitment he was going to give over 1.5 years ago now. Cal had him. Cal lost him to the Gleague. Paolo still to duke. Number 1 Chet picking a school, but yeah Hardy was ungettable, a lot of you all ate thick in the head.
I mean humans make decisions not sure what you’re wanting

I guess you're missing the UK commitment he was going to give over 1.5 years ago now. Cal had him. Cal lost him to the Gleague. Paolo still to duke. Number 1 Chet picking a school, but yeah Hardy was ungettable, a lot of you all ate thick in the head.
I wouldn’t put this on Cal, Runt. Justus fumbled this one. You think Kenny Payne or Orlando Antigua loses Hardy? You think they lose on Sallis?

All of this is conjecture, just like my outlook. That said, I feel like we need to reenter the WWW side of ethics when it comes to landing the best of the best. We need guys like Hardy in order for Cal to be successful. Duke never got sanctioned for paying Zion, Tatum, Bagley, etc. I'm not buying that we couldn't figure out a way to make it worth Hardy's time here.

I just can’t get down with this. Other schools can be as slimy as they want (until they inevitably get caught) but I don’t want to root for a team obviously resorting to that. Plus you think Cal could get away with the K playbook? You and I both know that is a BIG negative.

NCAA is a gutless puddle of excrement that has let coaches get by with this without any sort of major punishment but that doesn’t mean I want our school / coach to be lumped in with the pile of garbage the NCAA hasn’t yet kicked to the curb. Their time will come sooner rather than later (one can hope).

But just because Paolo is going to Duke doesn't mean that Hardy isn't going to the G League. Just like how Cunningham and Mobley still went to college, there will be a mixture of the top guys who go G League and who go to college. It just sucks that our best bet at an elite guy this class was a guy who will go G League.
I mean humans make decisions not sure what you’re wanting
Point being is the other coaches convinced their kids to come to school and you all are acting like going 9-16 and having a hugely divisive year didn't deter hardy from UK. You think its just full coincidence hardy went from 100% UK to 100% Gleague over a few months(while UK season played out) be my guest. Its like saying Johnny Juzang went to UCLA for homesickness no he went bc he was recruited over and that also bit Cal in the ass.

I guess you're missing the UK commitment he was going to give over 1.5 years ago now. Cal had him. Cal lost him to the Gleague. Paolo still to duke. Number 1 Chet picking a school, but yeah Hardy was ungettable, a lot of you all ate thick in the head. Also KP leaving hurt the hardy recruitment, if anyone says Joel was the lead just smack yourself.
See, JJ cannot finish. Kenny Payne does the work and Justus goes in when KP leaves and UK instantly loses Hardy. Boo.
Why didn't Hardy commit like he had planned to? I'm genuinely curious.
I believe he pushed it back to a later date.

I wouldn’t put this on Cal, Runt. Justus fumbled this one. You think Kenny Payne or Orlando Antigua loses Hardy? You think they lose on Sallis?
KP or coach O can close the deal. Justus has rarely closed the deal. Cal needs a better staff but im not arguing that the recruits he loses are on the him at this point.

KP or coach O can close the deal. Justus has rarely closed the deal. Cal needs a better staff but im not arguing that the recruits he loses are on the him at this point.
I just can’t fathom how Cal helped Juwan Howard assemble his staff, while he keeps blueballs, Tony “51% win rate” Barbee and Brusier MFing Flint.

I know college basketball helped Cunningham, Mobley and Suggs more so than Gleague helping Green and Kuminga.

If we added Green and Kuminga they could have went 1. 2 in the draft.

So Clarke and Boston scared him away yet Herro, Murray, Monk, Booker didn't convince him that Boston was little more than an anamoly of cuckery? Something doesn't add up.

So Clarke and Boston scared him away yet Herro, Murray, Monk, Booker didn't convince him that Boston was little more than an anamoly of cuckery? Something doesn't add up.
You just watched UK go 9-16 with a horrible roster. Would you rather cash in you 500k today or try to rebuild UK tmmrw on promises from Cal you've been getting for 2+years? BJ and Clarke went from sure fire lottos to maybe not drafted. Kid decided to cash out and I dont blame him, but dont act like every top 10 prospect is doing that ( not directed at you) If you cant put 2 and 2 together from this year to the hardy debacle are you even paying attention? Hardy will still be a top 20 pick next year(at least) and thats not the same I can say for Boston or Clarke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT